Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
WELL...far too many people think moving to Florida is like going on a permanent vacation...then reality sets in.
I've got a fair amount of experience now, and I am here to tell you this: when your day can start with a cup of coffee by the water, includes a noon swim or bike ride, and you can watch the sunset over the gulf, even a work day can have vacation moments built in.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:36 PM

34 posts, read 56,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Only those who have not done their homework and made poor decision along the way believe this.

Only those who hate Florida or failed in Florida really would believe this stuff. Just another excuse to scare people away for some reason.

Have you read the success stories of people who have moved to Florida and have done very well, still there and enjoy it? Probably not. Those people never once posted they thought Florida would be like a vacation.

I do not know anyone who wants to or is planning on moving to Florida and post here who thinks living in Florida is like being on vacation.

If you are meaning me then you are totally WRONG.

Then again, floating around in your pool sipping an ice tea, being able to come and go as you wish, being able to go the the beach, Disney, Sea World, being a short drive from a cruise ship, scuba diving, jet ski's, being able to antique and flea market year around, always being warm, having the money to do what you want and when you want to do it.

Well, that is kinda like a vacation right?

sooo sooo true!!!

Old 02-01-2011, 03:30 AM

93,385 posts, read 124,009,048 times
People still swim when it is 70? I thought that was perfect weather and unless you just like to swim, why would there be a reason to cool off? All of this just comes down to a matter of perspective and preference anyway.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:08 AM

794 posts, read 1,861,301 times
I just want to know ONE thing; If Tampa is so bad and the weather here sucks; why the hell are all the Northerners hanging out on this Forum? Why don't you all move on to the forums for the northern states????

We love our weather and you love yours; let's just keep it at that and move on to more important topics. Shheeeeeesh!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:12 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,369,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I've got a fair amount of experience now, and I am here to tell you this: when your day can start with a cup of coffee by the water, includes a noon swim or bike ride, and you can watch the sunset over the gulf, even a work day can have vacation moments built in.
When you can start your day overlooking Cape Cod Bay, with snow lightly falling outside your 3 walls of glass as if you're in a snow globe, and your forecast for the day is, "Not much snow for Cape Cod," while the rest of New England gets hammered, and you know you'll be taking a walk later in the day along the sea with spectacular views, you ask yourself, "Who needs Florida?" unless you want to add sweating to the picture.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:56 AM

93,385 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrkr View Post
I just want to know ONE thing; If Tampa is so bad and the weather here sucks; why the hell are all the Northerners hanging out on this Forum? Why don't you all move on to the forums for the northern states????

We love our weather and you love yours; let's just keep it at that and move on to more important topics. Shheeeeeesh!
Who is hanging out on this forum? I think many are former Floridians. I've only been on here for this topic.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Who is hanging out on this forum? I think many are former Floridians. I've only been on here for this topic.
same..it only caught my eye because of the whole gloating over the poor northeners dealing with the snow thing...had to comment

Old 02-01-2011, 07:33 AM

463 posts, read 1,053,108 times
Well some people moved here because of a job opportunities

I haven't been here during the summer, but i hope it's not like hell as a lot of people describe. Ah who i'm kidding, better get used to hell now in Florida ...

Old 02-01-2011, 08:28 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewas View Post
Well some people moved here because of a job opportunities

I haven't been here during the summer, but i hope it's not like hell as a lot of people describe. Ah who i'm kidding, better get used to hell now in Florida ...
ahhahaa...ahhh..best of luck .

Old 02-01-2011, 08:34 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
No problems finding comfortable air conditioning where I'm at where ever I go in FLA. Meanwhile, people are stranded for 7-8 hrs in the car for trips that usually take 30 mins.
That's quite the exaggeration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay