Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 07:20 AM

195 posts, read 1,168,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Princess View Post
WELL, all of this sunshine, breeze, and convertible weather is wearing thin FAST. I miss Philly. Whats life without snow, 30% of your check being eaten in taxes, and the buzz of a bullet past your ear as you make your way to work? Some people just don't know when they have it good.
Wow!..at first I thought you were serious...then I read 'the buzz of a bullet' and nearly lost my morning coffee out my nose...LOL!!

I really needed that this morning...thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,747 times
The aliens are here. My son and I have been gone from Michigan for 9 years and loving every minute of it. We are moving to Clearwater from Gulf Breeze in June. Can't wait. I spent the weekend here and miss it. It is like being in a big city again with warm weather all the time. I don't miss the black ice or the cold. Sure the rents are higher, but what can you expect for paradise? Love it. !!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:21 PM

3 posts, read 7,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgetoutofflorida View Post
Whether or not they can be afforded, it isn't the only place in the US that you can have and enjoy those.

If the Florida Crackers hate transplants so much, why stick up for Florida and make it sound so ideal that people want to move here. I guess it's that ignorant pride.
What's a Florida Cracker? Is that a racial term or the name of the football team? GO CRACKERS !!! WOO!!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:49 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
There are some really, really grumpy people here who really hate Florida. Come switch places with me for a winter. You can stay here starting in Oct and not leave until May. You'll love it. lol

Old 02-09-2010, 05:34 PM

180 posts, read 555,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
There are some really, really grumpy people here who really hate Florida. Come switch places with me for a winter. You can stay here starting in Oct and not leave until May. You'll love it. lol
Don't tempt me. There's a couple people on this forum that I'd love to send to Alaska.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:49 AM

4 posts, read 19,819 times
I was hoping to move there. I wanted a safe place. IS IT? NO JOKES..OK?

Old 05-11-2010, 04:09 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janethegirl View Post
I was hoping to move there. I wanted a safe place. IS IT? NO JOKES..OK?
The rich parts are ok.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:41 PM

85 posts, read 233,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunynan View Post
Should I be laughing or crying after reading this thread?? I'm packing my
bags and car to move to Florida?!
We are too! We move in TWO weeks. I'm not sure how this thread is going. Is there a full moon?
I thought the initial post was funny and expected to see a list of all the 'horrible' things in Florida like less humidity there than where I'm at and the weather being 'horrible' by being able to open your windows part of the year, etc and it went straight downhill. I hope it gets on a better track.
Those who hate Florida are welcome to come to Texas and try it out…or anywhere that makes you happy.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:59 PM

85 posts, read 233,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelei3 View Post
I admit that my jaw dropped when I received the auto insurance quotes, but that's life, right?

!
Mine hit the floor when we got a quote from the insurance co we use now (it was almost triple) but then we checked other insurance companies and were able to wipe the sweat from our brow. Our house insurance on the other hand still has my jaw on the floor. They say the only company we can go with in NPR is Citizens. While people who have lived there a while can still hold State Farm, they aren't taking new people so we'll pay triple what they do…..but then again we got one quote from one place for Citizens and another quote from another place and one was 600 cheaper. What's up with that!?!?!?!?!?! It's the same coverage. Oh….and a fireplace in the house would have doubled our insurance. I was going to have a fireplace put in the Florida room we're adding on but not at that price for insurance!
Anyone know of a way around Citizens insurance and one that's a lot cheaper? We paid for a wind something or another for the roof and that brings it down but still…..WOW

Old 05-12-2010, 04:57 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Check here for homeowners insurance. It is a state website and you can find companies and rates

Compare Homeowner's Insurance Rates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay