Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 09:42 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,910,056 times

Advertisements

The meteorologist on the news last night said not only are the storms and rainfall extremely substantial at this time of year, but it would even be quite the event during the summer.

This is my kind of summertime weather, even though it is only unofficial summer at this time. I really enjoy seeing the storms build and hearing the deep rumbling of thunder we get here. It is quite different sounding and feeling than the thunder up nawth.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:33 AM

464 posts, read 646,082 times
to Chasls2:
Mmmmmm.....red snapper. In Mexico there'a a traditional recipe (zarandeado) for it on the grill; here's a link to a version I wrote for an expat magazine when we lived there. As far as prepping the fish for the grill, it's what I've heard US fishmongers call 'gutting it from the belly out' where the backbone is removed, but the belly is intact as are the side bones.
Cooking at Lakeside Tuesday, 15 November 2011 0... | Lake Chapala Review

As far as rain....Gulfport missed out yet again on a single drop yesterday. Better luck today!

Old 05-31-2014, 10:56 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,188,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfporter View Post
to Chasls2:
Mmmmmm.....red snapper. In Mexico there'a a traditional recipe (zarandeado) for it on the grill; here's a link to a version I wrote for an expat magazine when we lived there. As far as prepping the fish for the grill, it's what I've heard US fishmongers call 'gutting it from the belly out' where the backbone is removed, but the belly is intact as are the side bones.
Cooking at Lakeside Tuesday, 15 November 2011 0... | Lake Chapala Review

As far as rain....Gulfport missed out yet again on a single drop yesterday. Better luck today!
Weird how targeted the rain can be during the summer. Lol, when I lived in South Florida, we used to laugh about getting rain on one side of the car and the other side was dry

Old 05-31-2014, 11:01 AM

30,438 posts, read 21,280,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Weird how targeted the rain can be during the summer. Lol, when I lived in South Florida, we used to laugh about getting rain on one side of the car and the other side was dry
Seems the same areas get rain day after day in the summer and then are dead spots that never see much.

Lutz and Brandon will see 10 times the rain i do in the summer.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I have always noticed the real hotspot is DT Tampa, west to the Countryside area. We live in Palm Harbor, on the east side of Lake Tarpon and we do really well ourselves, but not at the level of DT Tampa, west to the Countryside area appear to do. But that is the nature of popups. Averaging out over time most places within a certain distance of each other should come close to averaging out on days of rain. It's just a matter of how much it rains at that given time.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:43 PM

Day SEVEN in a row. We are getting a great downpour and thunderstorm right now.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Day SEVEN in a row. We are getting a great downpour and thunderstorm right now.
Just saw Klystron 9 (love that radar!) and thought you must be getting something. Also it looks like some stuff is headed to the New Tampa area. Down here, pretty dry, but some far-off thunder can be heard. Seems like storms are moving from east to west.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:39 PM

All around me within half a mile and nothing at my house. This is what i see all summer.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
All around me within half a mile and nothing at my house. This is what i see all summer.
Chas, I've been thinking about your fishing expedition and that great photo and I was wondering, is there a fishing thread here in the Tampa Bay forum? If not, there should be. I don't know that much about the sport, although I used to do a little fishing back when I lived in South Florida. It'd be great to see some of your other photos and also maybe some info and photos from other fishing folks, both salt and freshwater. What do you think?

Old 05-31-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Chas, I've been thinking about your fishing expedition and that great photo and I was wondering, is there a fishing thread here in the Tampa Bay forum? If not, there should be. I don't know that much about the sport, although I used to do a little fishing back when I lived in South Florida. It'd be great to see some of your other photos and also maybe some info and photos from other fishing folks, both salt and freshwater. What do you think?
I never see many threads about fishing on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay