Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 01:02 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I will be stunned if this guy gets off. He needs to be put away for life.
It depends on what ALL the facts are and how the law interprets them. I do not know all the above, therefore I will wait for the trial to bring forth everything, before making a judgement on his guilt or innocense. Remember, there are laws with which we may not like or agree and that can mean people are legally innocent, even though we are disgusted with what they actually did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 01:02 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I will be stunned if this guy gets off. He needs to be put away for life.
Winner winner chicken dinner !

Old 01-06-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
It depends on what ALL the facts are and how the law interprets them. I do not know all the above, therefore I will wait for the trial to bring forth everything, before making a judgement on his guilt or innocense. Remember, there are laws with which we may not like or agree and that can mean people are legally innocent, even though we are disgusted with what they actually did.
Not guilty in a court of law does not mean innocent. Just means the folks doing the prosecuting or defending or the jury might not have done their job.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:26 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
But how did Oulsen know Reeves reported him to management??? That's what doesn't make sense...Reeves would have had to tell Oulsen...
According to the media reports Ive seen said that upon Reeves return Oulson asked Reeves if had repoerted him to management. Reeves told him he had.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
According to the media reports Ive seen said that upon Reeves return Oulson asked Reeves if had repoerted him to management. Reeves told him he had.
Wonder what Reeves would've done if someone reported him to management for texting ?

Old 01-06-2016, 01:32 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Not guilty in a court of law does not mean innocent. Just means the folks doing the prosecuting or defending or the jury might not have done their job.
Or it can mean they DID do their job and that is what the law requires, regardless of our personal opinions about the case.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Or it can mean they DID do their job and that is what the law requires, regardless of our personal opinions about the case.
Sorry, not this time

Old 01-06-2016, 03:51 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Its the priceh he must pay to have prevented suffring and pain. 70+ people dont too well after a fall or a puch in the facial area. I doubt Reeves was counting dollars when he prevented Oulsen fromdoing more harm to him.

If Reeves was closer to 40 intead of 70 the incident may have resulted in Oulson filingng assault and battery charges against Reeves.

No matter the out come of the case, Mr Reeves did what he felt was necessary at that moment.

That's some price to pay. Possible loss of freedom, and depleting everything you worked hard for and possibly leaving your wife destitute.

Over this nonsense? Really stupid.

At that moment. Well see rational people think first before they let their temper get the best of them.

We all can get angry and lose our cool. But you have to think is this worth it? If I act in the moment what are the long term consequences?

Someone attacks your kid, hits your car in a parking lot, breaks into your house, you take action.

Someone is annoying you by texting in a movie theater that is mostly empty, you change your seat.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:04 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That's some price to pay. Possible loss of freedom, and depleting everything you worked hard for and possibly leaving your wife destitute.

Over this nonsense? Really stupid.

At that moment. Well see rational people think first before they let their temper get the best of them.

We all can get angry and lose our cool. But you have to think is this worth it? If I act in the moment what are the long term consequences?

Someone attacks your kid, hits your car in a parking lot, breaks into your house, you take action.

Someone is annoying you by texting in a movie theater that is mostly empty, you change your seat.
Agree 100%...I think Reeves was used to being a guy that people complied with...he had a higher degree of sensitivity to not being obeyed...oh that and he had a gun in his pocket...

Old 01-06-2016, 04:07 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Reeves never 'lost his cool" in the subject situation. The only person who "lost their cool" was Oulson.
He launched attack on what he construed was just some old man. He was sadly mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay