Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:09 AM

16 posts, read 57,394 times

Advertisements

Michelle Faedos on 15th and Lake ave,... best Cuban sandwich ever, not to mention all the other great Items they have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 07:41 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,334,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parasol View Post
Not familiar w/ Temple Terrace but check out Cesare's pizza on S. Dale Mabry. The owners used to have a place in NYC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
Im from Long Island, and the BEST BY Style ive come across so far is Cappy's on Bay to Bay Blvd in South Tampa and on Florida Ave in Seminole Heights, Cesare's on Dale Mabry in South Tampa, Eddie and Sam's and NYPD Pizza both downtown Tampa, and East Coast Pizza in Apollo Beach(soon to open in downtown Tampa).
just posting thanx for pizza suggestions. just back from cappy's on florida. very nice. pizza done just right, not too much cheese, dough not too chewy, a nice crunch on the bottom, sauce has good flavor (slightly salty but not terribly so), overall about the best i've had in florida, coming close to the very best i found in south florida but that one's since closed shop anyway. i also had cappy's greek salad. crisp and fresh, good color, tasty dressing and even a scoop of potato salad ta'boot.

will try the other suggestions as i get to them. but as cappy's is closest to my new home, well, it's good to have a home away from home. thank you.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:30 PM

79 posts, read 557,871 times
best Pizza and pizza place food I had is in the New Tampa area at a place called Biaggio's
guys are from New Jersey so you know their pizza is good.
the Sicilian loaded is great !

BIAGIO'S PIZZA N PASTA - 813-973-4343, Tampa, FL

Old 07-26-2009, 06:26 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,380,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
i also had cappy's greek salad. crisp and fresh, good color, tasty dressing and even a scoop of potato salad ta'boot.
The scoop of potato salad is a tampa bay thing by the way..it started in greek restuarant in Tarpon Springs many years ago, and now seems they all do it around here.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:45 AM

1,500 posts, read 3,334,489 times
ah, good to know. happens i've always enjoyed a good potato salad.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:43 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Thanks TPAguy.. I didn't know that either.. I guess that is why the potato salad is mising in other cities. That is the best part of it IMHO.

BTW.. publix has a decent pre made greek salad with potato salad.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:14 AM
MT8

60 posts, read 189,068 times
I enjoy Marchello's at the corner of Dale Mabry Hwy and Van Dyke Rd. They really know how to make a Greek salad and any dish with eggplant is divine!

The pizza is great, too. NYC style.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:00 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
The scoop of potato salad is a tampa bay thing by the way..it started in greek restuarant in Tarpon Springs many years ago, and now seems they all do it around here.
Thats funny....we have wondered why we have never had it that way before anywhere else (including Greece). Personally I wish they wouldn't do it, its a great way to 'fatten' a salad, but I eat it anyway

Old 07-29-2009, 04:33 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,380,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
Thats funny....we have wondered why we have never had it that way before anywhere else (including Greece). Personally I wish they wouldn't do it, its a great way to 'fatten' a salad, but I eat it anyway
You can always order 'without' potato salad. Personally I love it, My Uncle hates it..

Old 08-07-2009, 02:49 PM

4 posts, read 9,432 times
For seafood, Mitchell's Fish Market in West Shore--I LOVE this place. All their food is fresh--huge oyster selection, and they'll basically do anything you ask them to regarding how you want your fish--the chef made our table a sushi platter once that was amazing--all we did was ask. They make all their drinks from scratch--the mojitos are awesome!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay