Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,395 times

Advertisements

I went to Saigon Corner at Oakfield Drive with my colleagues and we experienced very bad attitude and services. It turns out that many colleauges from other teams experienced the same thing. I think how they behave is very unprofessional, although food is good, we will not go there again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 02:39 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadagirl74 View Post
Frenchy's Rockaway Grill on Clearwater Beach. Love it!!!
I DID have a very tasty chicken sandwich from there last week!

Old 06-30-2009, 02:44 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
Love the Gator bites at Skippers Smokehouse in North Tampa...

Here is some of my list of good eats in Tampa..
SANDWICHS- Lenny's Subs, Wrights Deli, Pane Rustica, Castelinno and Pizzo, Schillers German Deli, Roberts Meats, Publix

MEXICAN - Miguels, Algustos, Taquiera Q, Chiuauas, Red Mesa

ITALIAN - Laughing Cat, Bellas, Bernini's, Cellini's

STEAKS- Bern's, Charleys, Flemings, Malio's

BBQ- Kojaks, Jimbos

SUSHI - Yokos, SOHO, Samarai Blue,

WATERFRONT - Sea Critters, Salt Rock Grille, Island Way Grille, Oystercatchers

MEDITERRANEAN - Ganghis Kahn, Byblos, Acropolis

CUBAN/SPANISH - Arcos Iris, Columbia, La Teresita

PIZZA - Cappy's, Eddie & Sam's

THAI - Royal Palace, Thai Corner

SEAFOOD - Oystercatchers, Mangroves, Bonefish Grille, Collonade, Crab Shack
I'll second those, and add Kelly's and Cafe Al Fresco in Dunedin, Clearwater Bagels (not exactly a restaurant, but a great spot to buy take-out bagels), Lenny's (also in Clearwater, and a great classic "diner" experience), Keegan's in IRB, The King and I (Thai) in downtown St. Pete, and the Chattaway (burgers) in South St Pete.
The only thing I can think of to add in Tampa is breakfast at Mimi's on Dale Mabry. Mmm, pain perdu!

Old 06-30-2009, 02:50 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadagirl74 View Post
Frenchy's Rockaway Grill on Clearwater Beach. Love it!!!

I liked Frenchy's a lot better before I got some bad calamari there last week. NOT an experience you want to repeat, ever.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:40 AM

877 posts, read 1,913,528 times
Square One Burgers Restaurant | Best Hamburgers in Tampa Bay, Florida

We looooooooove Square One Burgers. If you like hamburgers its a great place to check out.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:44 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
Fav isTommy Bahama Cafe (unfortunately only in Sarasota and Orlando)

La Creperie in Ybor(LOVE the crepes there!)

Acropolis (greek in ybor) or every greek restaurant in Tarpon Springs (the bakeries are great!!)

Berns Steakhouse

Laughing Cat (great italian), Giordana's (casual Italian)

Roy's and Gallery Eclectic Bistro (near Intl. Mall)

BJ's (pretty good for chain/mall at Citrus Park)

Cilantro (great Indian)

Trang Vietnamese (one of my fav Vietnamese restaurants ever

Old 07-14-2009, 01:44 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,334,489 times
any n.y. style thin crust pizza in the temple terrace area? the bay area? bought two pies since i moved here and threw them both out after just a taste. and what's with all that cheese they throw on it, as if the dough isn't already too chewy. must have good pizza. will drive for pizza.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:50 PM

393 posts, read 1,498,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
any n.y. style thin crust pizza in the temple terrace area? the bay area? bought two pies since i moved here and threw them both out after just a taste. and what's with all that cheese they throw on it, as if the dough isn't already too chewy. must have good pizza. will drive for pizza.
Not familiar w/ Temple Terrace but check out Cesare's pizza on S. Dale Mabry. The owners used to have a place in NYC.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:49 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,380,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
Im from Long Island, and the BEST BY Style ive come across so far is Cappy's on Bay to Bay Blvd in South Tampa and on Florida Ave in Seminole Heights, Cesare's on Dale Mabry in South Tampa, Eddie and Sam's and NYPD Pizza both downtown Tampa, and East Coast Pizza in Apollo Beach(soon to open in downtown Tampa).

Old 07-14-2009, 08:55 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,334,489 times
the best pizza is the one you grew up with. i've been searching for a slice of guido's ever since. thank you both para & tampaguy. gonna look up addresses and keep them handy in the glove box. probably will try cappy's in seminole heights first and then cesare on my next trip to whole foods on dale mabry. if anyone knows of any others? just let me know. think i'll make a little pizza map for the car. (hey, ya have to know what's important in life....good pizza.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay