Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2010, 06:40 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times

Advertisements

I lived in Orlando for 17 years b/4 moving out to Spring Hill about 6 years ago. It's just one big bedroom community with a whole lot of retail going on. Crime is atypical for a place of its size.
Big crimes are shoplifting, credit card fraud, burglary is up I'd say, small drug arrests, pot mostly.
Overall its a pretty quiet place. You can check out tons of info on the area by Goggling
Hernando County, Fl and specifically Spring Hill.

That way you can get an insight to what has and what is happening in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 07:42 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremytodd View Post
My family and I are planning a move from Kentucky to Spring Hill. Is this a bad decision to make? Should we consider a different area of the state?
What was the draw to Spring Hill?

Old 12-27-2010, 08:31 PM

4 posts, read 7,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I lived in Orlando for 17 years b/4 moving out to Spring Hill about 6 years ago. It's just one big bedroom community with a whole lot of retail going on. Crime is atypical for a place of its size.
Big crimes are shoplifting, credit card fraud, burglary is up I'd say, small drug arrests, pot mostly.
Overall its a pretty quiet place. You can check out tons of info on the area by Goggling
Hernando County, Fl and specifically Spring Hill.

That way you can get an insight to what has and what is happening in the area.
Haha. I'm lame. I hadn't even thought about googling. Pshht. You really just described the town we live in now, but a little less intense. For a small town, we've had quite a bit of crime.

Thanks so much for your help. I'll get to googlin'!

Old 12-27-2010, 08:37 PM

4 posts, read 7,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
What was the draw to Spring Hill?
I think it's because we have family there, so it was one of the first areas that came to my fathers mind. That, and it's close enough to some of our favorite spots but still doesn't feel like a HUGE city. At least, that's what I've been able to gather from my father.

I originally suggested Auburndale/Bartow, but I thing we decided against Polk county as a whole.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:27 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,522,520 times
Quote:
I think it's because we have family there, so it was one of the first areas that came to my fathers mind. That, and it's close enough to some of our favorite spots but still doesn't feel like a HUGE city. At least, that's what I've been able to gather from my father.

I originally suggested Auburndale/Bartow, but I thing we decided against Polk county as a whole.
I'm not sure Polk and Hernando are much different really.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:58 AM

You are lucky. 20+ years ago when we relocated to FL there wasn't an Internet. CompuServe had a text based bulletin board system which was a great help in contacting the "locals" for info and it was very helpful. Today though the information you can gather on a place is amazing!. Ever statistic, every detail.

Spring Hill is no different than suburbia in most places in the U.S.

It's seen a lot of growth over the past 10 years.

Quote:
Haha. I'm lame. I hadn't even thought about googling. Pshht. You really just described the town we live in now, but a little less intense. For a small town, we've had quite a bit of crime.

Thanks so much for your help. I'll get to googlin'!

Old 12-28-2010, 08:11 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
Quote:

At least you have family here. They can probablly give you some "real" info about the area. Opinions on this forum seem to go from one end to the other. It all boils down to, is what you'll be getting here worth what you'll be leaving behind. Family knows more about that than anyone else. Good Luck

Old 12-28-2010, 02:23 PM

Ken is right. There are several "negative Nelllie's" here who will tell you since we don't have a book store it is a dump among other incorrect information. Google will tell you a whole lot more than you need to know, but it's all there.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:45 AM

34 posts, read 80,706 times
Hi yes Spring Hill could use a book store, I agree, but I would like to share with you that Spring Hill is one of the best areas I have ever lived in. I lived there for 2 years and never saw any horrible crime, I moved to Syracuse New York because it paid more money, however, the crime here even in the suburbs is crazy, the schools are horrible and the cost of living is crazy high. I am moving back to Spring Hill in June, and feel blessed that I am getting a second chance to move there.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:54 AM

Got an Email from a friend in Washingtonville, NY yesterday. Short but sweet...

"The weather sucks, taxes are worse".

There are actually a couple of book stores around. Not B&N or Waldenbooks, but a couple of small independent shops. There is one on Spring Hill Drive and another on Cortez not far from Sears.

Good luck on your re-re-location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethelhasa View Post
Hi yes Spring Hill could use a book store, I agree, but I would like to share with you that Spring Hill is one of the best areas I have ever lived in. I lived there for 2 years and never saw any horrible crime, I moved to Syracuse New York because it paid more money, however, the crime here even in the suburbs is crazy, the schools are horrible and the cost of living is crazy high. I am moving back to Spring Hill in June, and feel blessed that I am getting a second chance to move there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay