Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:28 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times

Advertisements

When I first heard about the fainting goats I thought they were kidding, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 10:35 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
When I first heard about the fainting goats I thought they were kidding, too!
No, they're real. You can clap your hand real loud and all the goats will fall down.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:41 AM

61 posts, read 243,219 times
Think of all the possibilities for gene research! Kids, dogs, annoying people. The possibilities are endless!

Old 05-09-2007, 10:47 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighterdon View Post
Think of all the possibilities for gene research! Kids, dogs, annoying people. The possibilities are endless!
Mothers-in-law! Telemarketers! TV ministers! Ryan Seacrest! Rosie!

Old 05-09-2007, 11:46 AM

197 posts, read 1,065,587 times
Attorneys ! oopps

Old 05-09-2007, 12:25 PM

665 posts, read 1,926,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenandoah View Post
My ducks were the best thing for my garden. They'd spend part of the day roaming up and down the vegetable garden rows, picking the bugs off of the plants. Never bothered any of the plants, just ate the bugs.

Phyll, the dogs roaming in packs will chase after and attack the goats. A small donkey (which I plan on getting) will kick and bite back at the dogs. Donkey's also make a real good substitute 'watch dogs'.

blessings, Shen
Thanks so much for the info, its so funny to me to think I would be able to own animals like we said a a donkey no less!

Old 05-09-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
They're just practicing their Second Amendment Right. Plus, you just maybe thankful for those farmers and guns. And I'd also advise anyone who wants to live out in the country to go to the local gun club, learn gun safety, and get a gun. A gun is useful against varmints of any sort.

blessings, Shen (a firm Constitutionalist)
Ok, I am sorry, but I cant see myself shooting a gun!Scared to death of them.I also have NOTHING against hunting , but just for me, I cant kill anyrhing, I dont have it in me, now if my neighbors want to help me out and do it thats fine . I AM chicken **** as they say ...phyll

Old 05-09-2007, 05:22 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,804,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
Ok, I am sorry, but I cant see myself shooting a gun!Scared to death of them.
There's no problem to being afraid of guns - and the way to get over that fear, is to know them. Which is why I suggested taking a gun safety course at the local gun club. You may never own a gun, never hold one again in your life, but this way, you'll know about them, and not be afraid of them anymore. IMHO, everyone should take a gun safety course as part of their elementary school coursework.

blessings, Shen

Old 05-09-2007, 06:24 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
First day of school here for my daughter was gun safety presented by the local law enforcement. That was Kindergarten. They are always in the school teaching things. My daughter tells the cops that daddy doesn't always wear his seatbelt but that mommy does!

Old 05-10-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
There's no problem to being afraid of guns - and the way to get over that fear, is to know them. Which is why I suggested taking a gun safety course at the local gun club. You may never own a gun, never hold one again in your life, but this way, you'll know about them, and not be afraid of them anymore. IMHO, everyone should take a gun safety course as part of their elementary school coursework.

blessings, Shen
I think the fear is NEVER being around them, seeing what they can do,and the accidents that happen, Yes, I know that is why I should take a safety course , maybe when I eventually move to TN I may actually get guts and take a course, there is no such thing as wasted learning, whether I choose to ever use a gun or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee