Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 PM

11 posts, read 51,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
Mutually exclusive= 1 cancels the other out. If you want a good paying job, dont move to Savannah. Its a great little town but not much work there
That's what I thought that you meant; just wanted to confirm. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 AM

Default re:

Well, if anyone knows of any jobs, please let me know (even if they pay well or not). I would sure appreciate it.

Thank you!

Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 PM

105 posts, read 521,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyChick1983 View Post
I am trying to move to the Savannah, TN area. Any ideas on how to find a job there? Anybody know someone that is hiring? Please email me and let me know!
Have you found anything yet? Still planning on moving to Savannah?

Old 05-15-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
Have you found anything yet? Still planning on moving to Savannah?
I'm still trying to find work there. There's been jobs opening up slowly, but nothing that's a fit just yet. I am still waiting it out and as soon as I find something, I plan to move. Thanks for following up!

Old 01-05-2009, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&D93 View Post
I have found some beautiful homes w/property in Savannah, TN. I don't anything about that area. I'm worried it's too country for us. Ihe home you can get for your dollar is amazing. Location-wise it would be great for us regarding family but it isn't very close to any major city (a concern).

I would love some input from someone that may know about it or even live there. Thanx.
Hi,will like you to check our site..tennesseeriverinvestors.com,We are located in hardin county/Savannah.if you have any quation give us a call at 731-689 2030 Alan Hall

Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 AM

46 posts, read 170,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&D93 View Post
I have found some beautiful homes w/property in Savannah, TN. I don't anything about that area. I'm worried it's too country for us. Ihe home you can get for your dollar is amazing. Location-wise it would be great for us regarding family but it isn't very close to any major city (a concern).

I would love some input from someone that may know about it or even live there. Thanx.
Savannah is not a bad area and better than most of the surrounding areas although you should be aware that meanfully paying jobs are VERY difficult if not nearly impossible to find. Pickwick seems to be where a LOT of folks are buying as it is probably the best and most civilized area in this region. As mentioned Meth, drugs, underage drinking, and minor children out past curfew are a problem.

The Hardin, Wayne, and Lawrence county area is an economically depressed area with Wayne county being the worst of the three. A big problem that contributes to the stubborn and entrenched problem of economic depression in this area is local government and police corruption, nepotism, and near hated of "outsiders", racism, and poor education. Just be mindful of what you may be committing yourself to.

I live in Wayne county and have seen more than a few Floridians and other new comers (again labeled "outsiders" by locals) move to this area and then a short time later sell out at a lose and leave because they were shocked and disappointed with the local culture which is HEAVILY steeped in drugs, alcohol, underage drinking, racism, nepotism, xemophobia, and flat out resentment of "outsiders moving here and buying up their land and homes".

On a positive note, this area is absolutely beautiful.......God's country. If you have a good retirement income or are independently wealthy and can find a large piece of land you can build a home and live in the middle of away from the inbred locals and are an independent and self sufficient short.......you may find you love it here. There are a few sane and neighborly folks who live here so come on in! Just be ready for the great metaphoric disappointment. This is NOT a good area to raise children, at least not without a LOT of parental involvment.

Also be mindful of the ratio of churches and real estate agents per person looking for your money. There are a LOT of places for sale at OUTRAGEOUSLY high prices that are NOT selling. Give it some time and you may be able to find a few bargains.

Good luck and go into this venture with your eye WIDE OPEN.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:47 PM
kbg

223 posts, read 345,804 times
Just steer clear of Wal-Mart on Friday & Saturday nights because if you've ever been then you know what I mean?

Old 01-08-2009, 05:02 AM

7 posts, read 19,323 times
i would not move there, nor raise children there. the drug culture is strong, health services lacking technology and stubborn to catch up with the rest of the country. everyone does know everyone and that's the gospel truth. watch out on wed. nights.... downtown traffic in their very small town is horrendous. why? that's when the local newspaper comes out and everyone wants to know the gossip. who visited who over the weekend......i am not kidding. the truely horrible thing is that's the only way headed out of town if you're headed west. they stand in line and stand still in the turning lanes and then the driving lanes. it's the darnedest thing i've ever seen. don't go there. oh yeah, the paper mill is nauseatingly strong and with the frequent winds, it carries over counties...that's no joke either.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 5,668 times
I am a marine mechanic moving to savannah area very soon I work for myself so work is harder to find than just getting a job I have close to 30 years in the marine field is this a good area to try and find marine work are there others in the area working on boats I don.t want to step on any toes but I do want to pay the bills any comments helpful

Old 07-09-2009, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,528 times
um savannah is ok for older people and people that like to fish but if your young and like to do a lot shoping or going to the mall or eating out dont go there trust me after one year u will be wishing you chould move by than your stuck and u cant move god bless thank u bye bye ps its a cool place if u like small towns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee