Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 11:56 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You can't see ME!
LOL. Love the photo! Pac is back and he's about to go on tour!!!

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)

Old 04-25-2012, 03:08 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
It is a poll that refutes the claim of "Houston's national reputation as a squalid hellhole"
Tom Wolfe said it better:

"July 4 was not the time of year for anyone to be introduced to Houston, Texas, although just what the right time would be was hard to say. For eight months Houston was an unbelievably torrid effluvial sump with a mass of mushy asphalt, known as Downtown, set in the middle. Then for two months, starting in November, the most amazing winds came sweeping down from Canada, as if down a pipe, and the humid torpor turned into a wet chill. The remaining two months were the moderate ones, although not exactly what you would call spring. The clouds closed in like a lid, and the oil refineries over by Galveston Bay saturated the air, the nose, the lungs, the heart, and the soul with the gassy smell of oil funk. There were bays, canals, lakes, lagoons, bayous everywhere, all of them so greasy and toxic that if you trailed your hand in the water off the back of your rowboat you would lose a knuckle. The fishermen used to like to tell the weekenders: "Don't smoke out there or you'll set the bay on fire." All the poisonous snakes known to North America were in residence there: rattlers, copperheads, cottonmouths, and corals"

Old 04-25-2012, 04:46 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
I'm sorry but.

Marching Storm>>>Ocean of Soul.

Again, I'm sorry.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:05 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,844,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Tom Wolfe said it better
Tom Wolfe said it 30+ years ago. And you've used it before... do you just keep this relic on your desktop to copy and paste when needed? LOL.

As usual, you are never able to speak of Houston in the present.

Last edited by AK123; 04-25-2012 at 05:18 PM..

Old 04-25-2012, 05:26 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I'm sorry but.

Marching Storm>>>Ocean of Soul.

Again, I'm sorry.
Overall....I think I do agree...T.S.U just had (or have) a solid Brass section......P.V did too tho....We went to P.V band camps every year in High school so I love P.V. just as much as T.S.U.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:09 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Tom Wolfe said it better:

"July 4 was not the time of year for anyone to be introduced to Houston, Texas, although just what the right time would be was hard to say. For eight months Houston was an unbelievably torrid effluvial sump with a mass of mushy asphalt, known as Downtown, set in the middle. Then for two months, starting in November, the most amazing winds came sweeping down from Canada, as if down a pipe, and the humid torpor turned into a wet chill. The remaining two months were the moderate ones, although not exactly what you would call spring. The clouds closed in like a lid, and the oil refineries over by Galveston Bay saturated the air, the nose, the lungs, the heart, and the soul with the gassy smell of oil funk. There were bays, canals, lakes, lagoons, bayous everywhere, all of them so greasy and toxic that if you trailed your hand in the water off the back of your rowboat you would lose a knuckle. The fishermen used to like to tell the weekenders: "Don't smoke out there or you'll set the bay on fire." All the poisonous snakes known to North America were in residence there: rattlers, copperheads, cottonmouths, and corals"
"When I'd finished, everybody said they wanted me for this movie. At first I thought they meant a nudie flick since an awful lot of nudies are made in Houston."

Shelley Duvall

"It really started cooking when I moved to Houston. I bought a house and got my own barbeque pit."

Earl Campbell

Old 04-25-2012, 09:07 PM

350 posts, read 867,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
"When I'd finished, everybody said they wanted me for this movie. At first I thought they meant a nudie flick since an awful lot of nudies are made in Houston."

Shelley Duvall

"It really started cooking when I moved to Houston. I bought a house and got my own barbeque pit."

Earl Campbell
Anyone else think it's hilarious that someone can search the internet and these are the two best quotes portraying Houston in a positive light?

Old 04-25-2012, 11:08 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Ocean of Soul >>>>>>>>>>> Marching Storm
Dont play! The Showband of the South.....Alabama A&M!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT3x View Post
Anyone else think it's hilarious that someone can search the internet and these are the two best quotes portraying Houston in a positive light?
Houston - "First Word Spoken From The Moon"

Old 04-25-2012, 11:44 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
LOL. Love the photo! Pac is back and he's about to go on tour!!!

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)
A hologram, 5 minute performance was better than damn near ALL new hip hop concerts today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas