Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:41 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times

Advertisements

I find myself guilty of window shade abuse. If I open my shade the movie watchers go postal!
I have never had a TV, so have no interest in movies, I do like to check out the view, especially flying over the Aleutian Islands, Arctic areas, Japan and Indonesia volcanoes.

My fellow passengers would like to give me a first hand view! So I comply and quietly sit with my hands folding in front of me, and in 'plane' view.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:21 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,350,742 times
This, works like a charm...

Add earplugs (she's also wearing them) & you're off to zzzzzzzzzzzz land. Then, no need to worry about rights, manners or anything else.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:13 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,881,321 times
But what about sitting upright

Old 06-04-2014, 06:20 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,796,780 times
Default Again....

Again:

The problem was not that he had his window shade up but that he opened and closed it about every fifteen minutes to look out at water for the four hours EVERYONE else's was closed.

I was not the only person who complained.

Everytime he opened his shade the people around him were woken and groaned in disgust.

The Flight Attendant told him to close it as a courtesy to the other passengers, he ignored her.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:41 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,350,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Again:

The problem was not that he had his window shade up but that he opened and closed it about every fifteen minutes to look out at water for the four hours EVERYONE else's was closed.

Everytime he opened his shade the people around him were woken and groaned in disgust.

The Flight Attendant told him to close it as a courtesy to the other passengers, he ignored her.
I read the posts, so I understood & again... with an eye mask & earplugs, you or others who had them, may not have been disturbed at all or at least not as often. Just be prepared for those who are less than considerate next time 'round. Hopefully, your Paris trip is in the forefront of your memory. It's a grand city.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:50 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,422,159 times
Pro Tip #1: book yourself the window seat next time so you get to be the Window Shade Czar.

Pro Tip #2: Learn how to take care of yourself when traveling, it means you don’t have to worry about what everyone else is doing. Pack an eye mask, some head phones, and a travel pillow and have yourself a nice long sleep.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:30 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Again:

Oh please be thankful you could afford a vacation to Paris.....a window shade up and down is not the end of the world. You could of been on an international flight with screaming kids....or your window guy could have been suffering from gastric distress...much worse scenarios

Old 06-04-2014, 07:32 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
You could of been on an international flight with screaming kids....or your window guy could have been suffering from gastric distress...much worse scenarios
He's saving those scenarios for future threads ... he can stretch one incident to half a dozen of 'em!

Old 06-04-2014, 07:37 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
But what about sitting upright
What about it? Many of us are able to do so as long as we have our neck pillow. If you can't, you have two choices. Stay awake or spend the coin on lay flat seats. Actually a third choice is to stay home, which is probably the best choice for a few people on this thread who don't seem to have anything but complaints about traveling.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:38 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
It's not exactly the same topic, but I have a question here : I acknowledge I have oversensitive eyes (I'm easily blinded by light, so much so that I only have thick lampshades at home), and I have tried to look longer than five minutes through a plane window while flying and I have been blinded by the light which is quite strong at 4000 or 5000 feet...I wonder how this guy manages to look without sunglasses through the airplane windows during the whole flight? he must have pretty good eyes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel