Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 10:14 PM

288 posts, read 168,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
The intense, and in my opinion, excessive, media coverage of this case has ensured that even if Casey walked free on every charge, her life will never again be normal.

She will be haunted by this for the rest of her life, as will her family.

Although I am a true crime aficianado and have followed the case from the beginning, I do think this case has brought a lot of somewhat unbalanced folks out of the woodwork. Like the ones who were shouting crap at the Anthonys in front of their home. I think some people feel very empowered by the ability to sit in judgement of someone like Casey Anthony.

Because of the crazies like this, she will never live this down, in or out of prison.

Some might consider that justice.
I agree, and add that it will take years and years for members of her family to ever have a normal life again, if that's even possible. I can't imagine that this whole thing will not completely destroy the family.

Family members of defendants in high profile cases like this one are treated horribly by the public. Usually they are forced to move away because they are always being attacked verbally by people in the community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't think Casey needs to worry about where she will live, or how to support herself...for the rest of her life.

People hold Mothers to a very high standard of care, nothing is more heinous than a Mother who kills her own child. The standard is not just "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Casey is going down.
What are you saying here? Are you suggesting that someone in the general public would hurt her in some way if she were acquitted?

Old 07-04-2011, 04:59 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
What are you saying here? Are you suggesting that someone in the general public would hurt her in some way if she were acquitted?
I think he is stating that she will go down since a person like this is self destructive!

Look at the woman who accused the Duke Lacrosse players and is now in prison.

Look at the hick up girl who is now in jail.

Look at OJ Simpson.

Look at many others who are liars and believe nothing can stop them.

Look at Lindsey Lohan, just waiting for the next arrest.

Nobody need to do anything just wait for the next incident...hopefully nobody else is dead by that time.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:49 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
There are so many other charges on Casey, with bad checks, lying to police, theft, the murder charge is just the beginning. Casey is not going any where for a long time.

And I believe the prosecuters will find plenty of other charges to keep Casey incarcerated for a long time.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:08 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
I'll say it. Yea, I think it is likely that someone in the general public would hurt her.

Remember the mobs that lined up outside of the Anthony's home?

Old 07-04-2011, 12:19 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I'll say it. Yea, I think it is likely that someone in the general public would hurt her.

Apparently someone tried to physically attack one of Casey's attorneys while he was out to dinner with his wife, at some point during the trial.

I think there are plenty of nutjobs out there would go as far as trying to attack her if she walked free.

Like I posted elsewhere, in my opinion, there are many people who feel empowered in their ability to sit in judgment and hatred of Casey Anthony. Feelings and thoughts of judgment and contempt can be very stimulating
and addictive. Some of these individuals are also mentally imbalanced- I am thinking of the ones who were outside of the Anthony home shouting and throwing things at them.

I mean, what would motivate you to actually drive to someone's home and act like that in public?

Old 07-04-2011, 12:42 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Creepy.

Look at the publicity for Jack Ruby, and that was pre-HLN and Nancy Grace.

It would not surprise me if someone unbalanced would find this a justified act. But OJ was not assaulted, but he was well liked, and many men sympathized with his situation.

Casey could write a book...be on every show in the US, even Oprah.
But, as I said, she will be incarcerated, regardless of the outcome of this trial. And there is still the civil trial by Zenaida. The felony theft, stealing from elderly is a felony in Florida, she stole money from her Grandfather's account.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

No, I don't know about mobs outside the home. But I don't live near Orlando, so I only saw national news reports prior to in-session and HLN covering everything.

This is one of the reasons I think it is so irresponsible for these TV people to keep hammering over and over and over about what a bad person they think Casey is......the bias is just overwhelming. They could at least TRY to take a balanced view. Maybe "mobs" or crazy individuals cannot get to Casey, but they can get to the other family members. Now Cindy there is the potential for Cindy to become a target of unstable folks. I wonder if people ever think that the most important goal of the TV people is RATINGS. They've whipped people up in almost a frenzy of hatred toward this woman, and they are profiting from it!

Old 07-04-2011, 12:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Creepy.

Look at the publicity for Jack Ruby, and that was pre-HLN and Nancy Grace.

It would not surprise me if someone unbalanced would find this a justified act. But OJ was not assaulted, but he was well liked, and many men sympathized with his situation.

Casey could write a book...be on every show in the US, even Oprah.
But, as I said, she will be incarcerated, regardless of the outcome of this trial. And there is still the civil trial by Zenaida. The felony theft, stealing from elderly is a felony in Florida, she stole money from her Grandfather's account.
Also.... OJ was a big, strong man, capable of slaughtering two adults in one fell swoop......not easy pickings like tiny, little Casey.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:48 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
Traffic to be limited in the Anthony neighborhood upon verdict

Casey Anthony verdict neighborhood: Traffic limited in Casey Anthony neighborhood after verdict - OrlandoSentinel.com

quote: "The precautionary steps stem from concerns voiced by residents who want to avoid a repeat of the days when outsiders camped outside the Anthony home, terrorized Casey Anthony's parents and drove through the neighborhood for a glimpse of the accused child killer's home."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime