Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt30 View Post
There was some evidence presented during trial that there was decomp in the back yard. There was also testimony about the ground being too hard to dig through.

Also, it was never established that Casey threw the body in the woods. That would be pure speculation. Even if she did, it doesn't rule out accident.

The fact that you acknowledge someone could plausibility want to hide their child's death suggests doubt.
Okay, child's remains "decomposed" in yard. Too hard to dig grave there. If accident, why take the remains anywhere? Why not call the authorities--"An accident just happened with the child here in the yard." Why relocate the body elsewhere? Why? What motivation to hide the body? Why? No, even without any evidence of her throwing body in woods, case ( would be a slam dunk then). You do not need to see an obvious activity to come to a logical conclusion if you can think things through.
We stilll have behavior, too, of not reporting child, even if accident, missing. What reasonable parent would not report child missing? What would their motive be in not doing so? Do jurors not look at behaviors and activities of a defendant when a crime has been committed? Alone, no, but with other evidence, you can piece together a criminal activity has occurred here.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:36 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
There was no concrete proof that she drove around with her child in the trunk. It is speculation, not FACT. No matter how many times people keep saying it, it doesn't make it FACT until there is evidence. It is speculation.

As I said before, "It smells like..." is NOT fact, it is an opinion. The "scientific" evidence presented is new science, it is not backed by anything or anybody, it was not worth the time to even present it...too many variables leaving doubt.

In other words, there was NO proof that Casey drove around with her daughter's dead body in the trunk of the car NOR was there any evidence that Casey dumped her dead child in the woods, "like garbage". You are speculating.
So was the Scott Peterson jury when they speculated that he dumped Lacy's body in San Fran Bay. NO one saw him dump the body (like no one saw Casey), NO one saw him with the body in his Jeep (like Casey and the Sunfire) on the way to the bay, but still he was convicted and sits on death row. And there was no smell of decomp in the car like Casey.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:36 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
The jury was stupid. Juror number one didn't even know how to respond when asked if her verdict was verified and true.
That is not true, I heard that exchange and she did not hear what was asked, not "didn't even know how to respond".

Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I'll make you a deal. You stop blaming the justice system and calling the jury "morons" because they didn't go against their legal duty to settle your emotional vendetta, and I'll stop reminding you why your side lost.

Deal?
As I mentioned in a previous post, juror number one didn't even know how to respond when asked if her verdict was verified and true. They didn't take notes. They didn't ask to see any evidence. The alternate juror states they all believed George Anthony was involved. This would mean the jail conversation where George was trying to get information out of Casey and was trying to convince her to talk to an FBI agent, was all an act? He should win an Oscar. And they actually believe "River Cruz" when she said he told her it was an accident, even though when during cross examination she read her interview with police she told them "He said he BELIEVED it was an accident." Not to mention, George Anthony used to be a homicide investigator, and he would be careless enough to put a dead body in his trunk, drive it only 15 houses away, and then toss it in the woods? Now I'm hearing that they sympathized with Jose Baez and Casey Anthony? Analyzing the lack of evidence is one thing, but sympathizing with two of the most unlikable people I've ever seen on national TV?

As I've said before, based on the prosecution not being able to establish a direct link between Casey and the death of Caylee, I can understand how the verdict was not guilty (even though I don't agree with it). But based on other factors I'm hearing about the jury, they were certainly morons.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
So was the Scott Peterson jury when they speculated that he dumped Lacy's body in San Fran Bay. NO one saw him dump the body (like no one saw Casey), NO one saw him with the body in his Jeep (like Casey and the Sunfire) on the way to the bay, but still he was convicted and sits on death row. And there was no smell of decomp in the car like Casey.
I did not pay much attention to the SP trial so I cannot comment on this.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
That is not true, I heard that exchange and she did not hear what was asked, not "didn't even know how to respond".
People all the way in the back of the courtroom heard what the clerk asked. The juror heard too but she said "Pardon?" because she didn't understand what she was being asked. When the clerk repeated it she said "Not guilty", when that wasn't the question that was asked. That's why the clerk had to ask her a third time and she finally said "Yes." Go watch it again before posting.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 PM

I have a serious question here and I hope people are honest with their answers:

How many of you have served on a jury for a serious felony case?

I would ask what it was about but I'm afraid it would go too off topic so let's just stick with serious cases such as rape, murder, armed robbery..things like that.

I'll start: I have been on a jury twice. One was a misdemeanor, one was a serious felony charge.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:44 PM

288 posts, read 168,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
There is a juror now asking for large sums of money for interviews. For shame.
Yes I told my husband they were holding out for dateline .
Do you have a link for that information?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
It's very possible that this entire experience of being charged with this serious crimes, being in jail for three years, going through that enormously stressful trial, CHANGED HER LIFE. Don't underestimate the impact of meeting all the people on her legal team and working with them. Maybe for the first time she has seen other possibilities for her life through observing the responsible people on her legal team. She seemed to very close to those people throughout the trial. I personallly think that this trial and this experience scared Casey to death. That is enough to motivate major changes in how a person lives their life. Being charged with murder, in a death penalty case, is VERY SCARY.
There is a lot of talk about where Casey will go when she is released from jail since her parents don't want to take her in and all of her friends have turned their backs on her. Since you have so much confidence in her innocence and faith in her future, maybe you should let her stay with you? Do you have any young kids? She could babysit them for you in exchange for free rent?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:46 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Great point--the jurors looked at all the evidence. How many murderers are convicted by someone seeing them commit the crime or dumping the body? Some, but probably not the majority. People have to be able to think things through, looking at all of the evidence and seeing a "picture" of what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime