Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:04 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
For what it is worth, forcing Casey to stay in Orange County will probably just cost the taxpayers a lot more money......imagine all of the calls to LE she will have to make due to people harrassing and threatening her, money she can't be held liable for.

Not a good idea, IMO.
The fact that Orange county is probably the most uncomforatable place you could force her to live is some consolation. The judge is denying her the ability to slink off into anonymity. It's worth the price. It's the only punishment she'll ever be given for killing her daughter and throwing her out like trash.

I wonder if we'll ever know what really happened to little Caylee. Regardless, any possibilities paint her mother as a cold heartless killer who looks out only for herself. Any way you slice this, she didn't care one iota for that precious little girl. It's too bad no one loved Caylee. I hope she's in a better place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 02:41 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I wonder if we'll ever know what really happened to little Caylee. Regardless, any possibilities paint her mother as a cold heartless killer who looks out only for herself. Any way you slice this, she didn't care one iota for that precious little girl. It's too bad no one loved Caylee. I hope she's in a better place.
Its strange but when you see the photo's of that child and her room and her clothing and the back yard.....someone was spending money and time on that little girl. She seems to have been very well cared for. I imagine that Cindy did most of it.....but even Casey seemed to be invested in that child.....that is the biggest mystery......she had both grandparents wrapped around her little finger.....and her mother seemed to spend time at home with her too. I couldnt figure that part of the story out.....how this little princess.....could end up murdered and tossed out like trash. It didnt make sense to me.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The fact that Orange county is probably the most uncomforatable place you could force her to live is some consolation. The judge is denying her the ability to slink off into anonymity. It's worth the price. It's the only punishment she'll ever be given for killing her daughter and throwing her out like trash.

Would you feel that way if she lived in your neighborhood or in your apartment building?

Would you want your family, your children, subjected to living in that atmosphere for a year?

Would you want to be forced to keep your children locked in your home for a year because of the fear that they could get caught up in mob violence directed at Casey Anthony?

Like I said......forcing Casey Anthony to stay in Orange County is a stupid idea, and it the judge orders it, I hope Casey moves into his neighborhood.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Its strange but when you see the photo's of that child and her room and her clothing and the back yard.....someone was spending money and time on that little girl. She seems to have been very well cared for. I imagine that Cindy did most of it.....but even Casey seemed to be invested in that child.....that is the biggest mystery......she had both grandparents wrapped around her little finger.....and her mother seemed to spend time at home with her too. I couldnt figure that part of the story out.....how this little princess.....could end up murdered and tossed out like trash. It didnt make sense to me.
The only thing I can figure is Casey is a VERY GOOD LIAR and good at keeping up appearances. I think the loving mother was just an act. I wonder whether she killed her accidentally or deliberately.

I do think the grandparents loved the little girl. I think they didn't know how to deal with the monster they raised. Casey wouldn't get a job, go to school, or take responsibility.... I don't think they could have known that their efforts to kick her out so she'd become responsible for herself would result in their grand daughter dying.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Would you feel that way if she lived in your neighborhood or in your apartment building?

Would you want your family, your children, subjected to living in that atmosphere for a year?

Would you want to be forced to keep your children locked in your home for a year because of the fear that they could get caught up in mob violence directed at Casey Anthony?

Like I said......forcing Casey Anthony to stay in Orange County is a stupid idea, and it the judge orders it, I hope Casey moves into his neighborhood.
Yes I would. I think the last thing we should be concerned with is Casey Anthony's comfort level. No one is coming after me because she lives in my apartment complex. I don't think I'd want the apartment next door to her but I'm sure we can find a taker on that address....

I would rather she be forced to live in public and face the anger over what she is than allow her to go hide. At least it's something. And it's only one year. After that, she gets to go hide, pose for Hustler and live the good life. Her daughter will never live the good life.

I'd put up with a year of the mob scene becuase I'd know that, at least, for one year, she can't just walk away. Maybe people will have longer memories if she's kept in the public light. Maybe it won't be so easy for her to just walk off into the sunset.... I like to think that she'll get some punishment. Having to live in Orange county isn't much but it's something.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:32 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,475,771 times
Casey Anthony Ordered Back To Orlando In Check Fraud Case

Old 08-01-2011, 03:54 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Adding the law-enforcement cost estimates to the state money paid for the defense and the Clerk of Court's tally for the jury costs brings the Florida taxpayers money spent on the case to $822,821.48.

The prosecution has announced plans to try to have Casey Anthony pay for some of the investigative and prosecution costs by arguing the issue in court.

In addition Casey Anthony has a court appointed attorney, Charles Greene, (taxpayers expense again) for the Zenaida Gonzalez civil case.
He's not court appointed, taxpayers don't pay defense costs on civil cases. Not sure where you're getting your info, but it's wrong.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I agree but I think a person on probation can request to relocate to another area. Of course they would still have to report to a probation officer in a new location. Since Jose was her criminal attorney for the check fraud case he will probably attempt to have the probation waived. Her civil attorney, Greene is trying to get the Zenaida Gonzalez deposition changed from the October date.
The only time a request like this is approved is when the person on parole or probation has a job or immediate family (Parent, sibling, spouse) in the other area. They don't just make transfers for a someone's convenience.

There's someone living in the NE Orlando burbs who was convicted of manslaughter in another state, served prison time, and was released on parole. His parole was transferred to this area as he had a job waiting for him and the state of FL accepted responsibility for his parole.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I think Casey did something stupid that caused Caylee to die accidently. I believe Casey's actions did lead to the death of Caylee, but I don't believe she interntionally killed her.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I don't believe she is a threat to the public at large, although I wouldn't hire her as a babysitter because I think she is mentally ill and not able to make rational decisions.

Quote:
I live in a gated, guarded community. We have trespassers arrested--that would include the press. Just like the press couldn't get into Isleworth to hound Tiger and his ex-wife, they wouldn't get into my neighborhood either.

Quote:
See above. I think most of my neighbors would feel the same way. Not that we particularly want her in the neighborhood, but as long as she kept to herself, didn't have parties, etc. I wouldn't be part of a lynch mob. That wouldn't solve anything, it would only make it worse.

Quote:
I think it's a very fitting punishment. She will wish she was back in jail, she would ahve been safer there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime