Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 07:28 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
He doesn't benefit from the interviews and he didn't walk free. We're never going to hear how she did it anyway. She's not going to tell the truth. So why watch? We've all heard her lies before.

I think people try to understand killers like Charles Manson because they are hoping to find some way to protect themselves. To recognize the madness before it strikes. There's also no harm done in watching those interviews. In the case of Casey Anthony, she walked free and we'd be rewarding her to watch her interviews. If she had been convicted and later did interviews on how she killed her daughter, I'm sure she'd have an audience but she doesn't deserve to profit from killing her daughter.
That wasn't my point. My point was that even 30, 40 years after a high profile crime people are still interested in hearing the person talk.

People watch because of morbid curiosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 08:57 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Eh, I wouldn't count on time diminishing the curiosity around Casey. People still watch interviews of Charles Manson when they come on TV every few years.
I've never watched Charles Manson. He will die in prison for the crimes he committed.

I don't care about Casey Anthony or any of the Anthonys but I have followed Caylee Anthony's death for three years. We were in Florida when the news broke there before it became a worldwide obsession. Our son and his family live in Florida. I don't feel Caylee received justice. This baby was just tossed like a piece of trash on Suburban Dr. This isn't right and now every one involved just goes on their merry way.

The same with Susan Smith. She will be eligible for parole in 2024 at the age of 53 years old. Her sons Alex and Michael never had a chance at life. She said a black man stole her car and kidnapped her sons. We spent many days looking for that Mazda cruising shopping centers, grocery store parking lots, country roads determined to find those little boys. But they were at the bottom of John D. Long lake.

Susan Smith only held out nine days before confessing ... Casey Anthony never ever reported Caylee missing.

No I will not watch a TV interview, if she ever gets one. No I won't buy a book. watch a Lifetime movie or buy Hustler ragazine. I won't watch George and Cindy or support them in any money making endeavors.

I do read the Orlando Sentinel and several other newspapers in Florida.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:33 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,800,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
No shizzle! Reality has hit - no one wants to touch your skanky murderous client with a 10 foot pole lest they bear the wrath of the outraged public. So since no offers are coming in (unless you count Hustler) lets put some spin on this and hope time dims the public's memory. Baez - I for one will NEVER relent on my position on CMA.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:50 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
No shizzle! Reality has hit - no one wants to touch your skanky murderous client with a 10 foot pole lest they bear the wrath of the outraged public. So since no offers are coming in (unless you count Hustler) lets put some spin on this and hope time dims the public's memory. Baez - I for one will NEVER relent on my position on CMA.
She was examined while in jail and again during the trial by shrinks.

I just wonder how long this money train will last. Who will be paying for the professional treatment for mental health issues? Is she now on Welfare, Food Stamps and Medicaid she was declared indigent in 2010. Baez certainly can't be footing the bill his home was in foreclosure during the trial.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:55 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
That wasn't my point. My point was that even 30, 40 years after a high profile crime people are still interested in hearing the person talk.

People watch because of morbid curiosity.
Yes, to understand the psychology. Casey Anthony never has told the truth. You can't compare the cases. While people might be interested in a psychological disclosure, as long as she doesn't make a dime off of it, I can't see them being interested in what a known liar has to say. It's just lies.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
She was examined while in jail and again during the trial by shrinks.

I just wonder how long this money train will last. Who will be paying for the professional treatment for mental health issues? Is she now on Welfare, Food Stamps and Medicaid she was declared indigent in 2010. Baez certainly can't be footing the bill his home was in foreclosure during the trial.
I'm kind of baffled about her, suddenly, needing help when she didn't need it in prison. Especially the part about dealing with the loss of her daughter. Why now? Why didn't she have to deal with the loss of her daugther before she went to prison and while she was in prison? It's just smoke screens. NOW she's the grieving mother???? Talk about being a day late and a dollar short.

This is just an attempt to position her to find pity in the general population which will open the door for interviews later. Don't buy into it.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
That's EXACTLY what they are doing. Buying time and hoping to sell interviews later. The money train isn't paying off right now. Maybe AFTER she goes through therapy and has a story to tell about her recovery they'll have something to sell. DON'T BUY IT. It's just spin doctoring!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 12:05 PM

Getting examined is not the same as getting treated.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Yes, to understand the psychology. Casey Anthony never has told the truth. You can't compare the cases. While people might be interested in a psychological disclosure, as long as she doesn't make a dime off of it, I can't see them being interested in what a known liar has to say. It's just lies.
Yes, I can compare the cases because it all boils down to one thing: the general public being nosey about a sensational case.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
Quote:
Yes, I can compare the cases because it all boils down to one thing: the general public being nosey about a sensational case.
It is interesting to hear a murderer explain how he got that way. To reveal what goes on inside of his head. I am very curious about that but Casey Anthony will never tell that part because she has to portray herself as innocent. It will not be worth the time we would waste to even watch.
I will definitely not waste my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime