Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 08:04 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well I think any family would be nuts if they had to go through what THEY did.

People make a big to do about how disfunctional this family is, but what they fail to realize is that Casey is at the core of it and is what was causing it to begin with. Her actions aren't the product of her families disfunction as the defense would have you believe, no, rather the disfunction is a product of HER actions.
That very well can be. I have a step son who had this family dysfunctional for a long time. At one point in time, family insisted on taking him (thinking we were the problem). About a month later, they sent him back because they couldn't handle him either.

As messed up as this family appears, Casey may be the cause. People who are aroudn dysfunctional people all the time can appear dysfunctional themselves because normal responses don't work with the dysfunctional.

Good point.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:03 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:

People make a big to do about how disfunctional this family is, but what they fail to realize is that Casey is at the core of it and is what was causing it to begin with. Her actions aren't the product of her families disfunction as the defense would have you believe, no, rather the disfunction is a product of HER actions.
Yes Casey's is at the core of Caylee's murder ... but Casey's problems I still believe came from the matriarch of the family. I perceive George henpecked as far as Cindy is concerned. Yes he may have a temper when he is pressured. Cindy has bailed him out of so many financial fiascos. He was with the Ohio police dept. less than 10 years the longest he held a job.

To me Cindy wanted the perfect daughter, the perfect home, the perfect job, the perfect everything ... if it wasn't perfect she ignored it or lied in an attempt to make it perfect ... example ... Cindy is a nurse and her 19 yr old daughter was 7 months pregnant at family wedding ... it's water retention ... it's maybe a tumor ... she isn't exercising. Casey couldn't tell mom ... I haven't had a period in umpteen months. Casey quit school and couldn't sit down and talk with her mother ... hey mom I'm having a bad time at school.

We probably all have met or know parents like this. I had a neighbor with the perfect home, the perfect husband, the perfect son ... husband had numerous affairs ... son is now in the state prison serving 20 years for breaking and entering.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:30 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:

I don't think so. Family members and friends have all said how odd the family dynamics were way before Caylee was even conceived.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:58 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
BINGO! Their whole strategy was to vilify George and use him to take the heat off of Casey herself......and it worked.

George didn't watch Caylee so she drowned.

George molested Casey.

George had an affair....then lied about it.

George buried their dogs in plastic bags.

George owned a roll of duct tape.

George gets snarky when Baez deliberately provokes him.

I think the whole family was in on getting Casey off, George included.
They should all be up for the Acadamy Awards.
I bet they all sat in Baez's office and practiced their roles.
They played it just enough but not too much.
Also, just wondering, does anybody believe the stain was in the trunk when Lee owned the car?

Old 09-05-2011, 11:53 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I think the whole family was in on getting Casey off, George included.
They should all be up for the Acadamy Awards.
I bet they all sat in Baez's office and practiced their roles.
They played it just enough but not too much.
Also, just wondering, does anybody believe the stain was in the trunk when Lee owned the car?
No, I do not believe the stain was in the trunk of the car when Lee owned it.

I think some of the testimony would have been different if Casey hadn't been up for the death penalty. Specifically, I think George and Lee are really ticked at Casey for what she did and would have been OK with her getting jail time.....but not the death penalty. I think Cindy is the only one in that family that is glad Casey got away with it practically scott free.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
No, I do not believe the stain was in the trunk of the car when Lee owned it.

I think some of the testimony would have been different if Casey hadn't been up for the death penalty. Specifically, I think George and Lee are really ticked at Casey for what she did and would have been OK with her getting jail time.....but not the death penalty. I think Cindy is the only one in that family that is glad Casey got away with it practically scott free.[/
I agree

Old 09-07-2011, 05:28 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;20706660]
Quote:

Oh he lied huh? What proof do you have? It's all speculation, you dont know for a fact that he lied.

Oh my, some people will buy anything wont they?

You know what they say about suckers dont you? There's one born every minute. Hey Baez, how is Casey anyway? lol
Jeff Ashton speculation or Jose Baez defense?

Neither can be proven. The above makes you a hypocrite.

Have a nice evening.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:

Dysfunctional parenting styles
  • Perfectionist (fixating on order, prestige, power, and/or perfect appearances, while preventing their child from failing at anything)
  • "The deceivers" (well-regarded parents in the community, likely to be involved in some charitable/non-profit works, who abuse or mistreat one or more of their children)
  • "Public image manager" (sometimes related to above, children warned to not disclose what fights, abuse, or damage happens at home, or face severe punishment "Don't tell anyone what goes on in this family")
  • "Not your business" (children continuously told that a particular brother or sister who is often causing problems is none of their concern)
  • "The guard dog" (a parent who blindly attacks family members perceived as causing the slightest upset to their esteemed spouse, partner, or child)

Old 09-07-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
[
Jeff Ashton speculation or Jose Baez defense?

Neither can be proven. The above makes you a hypocrite.

Have a nice evening.
Virgode! You came back! I'm surprosed! Here I thought I hurt your feelings.

Anyway, to answer you, just because george was evasive doesn't automaticaly make him a liar.

As far as the prosecution and defense? They may be both circumstantial but the difference is that the prosecution presented a case that was believable, whereas the defense made up a lie that would explain away the known facts. You have to stretch your own reason and logic in order to believe it. As Ashton said, the defense has taken you down a rabbit hole where you have to believe so on and so forth.

You also have a good evening . P.S. I do wish you would stop messing up the quotes, I get tired of fixing the "originaly posted by" line. You dont have to wrap it in quote signs, thats already done once you push the quote button.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Dysfunctional parenting styles
  • Perfectionist (fixating on order, prestige, power, and/or perfect appearances, while preventing their child from failing at anything)
  • "The deceivers" (well-regarded parents in the community, likely to be involved in some charitable/non-profit works, who abuse or mistreat one or more of their children)
  • "Public image manager" (sometimes related to above, children warned to not disclose what fights, abuse, or damage happens at home, or face severe punishment "Don't tell anyone what goes on in this family")
  • "Not your business" (children continuously told that a particular brother or sister who is often causing problems is none of their concern)
  • "The guard dog" (a parent who blindly attacks family members perceived as causing the slightest upset to their esteemed spouse, partner, or child)
I'm not interested in your definitions virgode, I haven't the slightest clue as to what this even says. I stopped reading after the first line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime