Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 02:40 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,213,195 times

Advertisements

Public indecency is quite adequate if it was intentionaly rude (like defecating on a police car). Why elevate things to the worst possible level? People in Europe can't believe some of our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,982,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Public indecency is quite adequate if it was intentionaly rude (like defecating on a police car). Why elevate things to the worst possible level? People in Europe can't believe some of our laws.
Many of us watch reality shows. There was one episode of Amazing Race that took place in Austria in a public library in daylight. One of the contestants, in a hurry, unzipped and peed against the outside library wall.

Yes, I am sure that, as you say, 'People in Europe can't believe some of our laws', but those laws must be written because people in this country don't know how to behave.

He's lucky that he wasn't arrested.

How come it's men who cannot wait for a restroom? How many women do you see relieving themselves in public?

Last edited by goldengrain; 03-27-2013 at 09:44 AM..

Old 03-27-2013, 09:33 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,098,022 times
Bleeding ridiculous, glad I don't live in the 'land of the free.'

Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Many of us watch reality shows. There was one episode of Amazing Race that took place in Austria in a public library in daylight. One of the contestants, in a hurry, unzipped and peed against the outside library wall.

Yes, I am sure that, as you say, 'People in Europe can't believe some of our laws', but those laws must be written because people in this country don't know how to behave.

Hes lucky that he wasn't arrested.

How come it's men who cannot wait for a restroom? How many women do you see relieving themselves in public?
One of the advantages of being a man. Although if she really has to a woman would probably rather do that than pee her pants. If you've ever gone on a long drive in the country or somewhere remote, where the nearest public toilet may be many miles away, are you just gonna hold it?

Old 03-27-2013, 09:45 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,248,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj2007 View Post
That is not dumb. It is very disgusting and extremely improper. Go find the nearest bathroom for gods sake! At least there is something being done about it now.
Says the person from NYC.

Come visit Wyoming some time. We have 100 mile stretches of road with no restrooms. Sometimes we're lucky enough to find a tree or bush, sometimes not. That's not at all uncommon in the west.

My job takes me on the road constantly. November-December last year I was suffering from kidney stones and, for 3 weeks, stints. When the urge would hit me I could only hold off the inevitable for a few minutes. Given the choice to pee down the leg of my pants while seated in my vehicle or stop, get out and unzip, I chose the latter. To me the former would have been more disgusting.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
One of the advantages of being a man. Although if she really has to a woman would probably rather do that than pee her pants. If you've ever gone on a long drive in the country or somewhere remote, where the nearest public toilet may be many miles away, are you just gonna hold it?
Oh, you're perfectly correct, and if you are doing it discretely I will bet most police would just roll on by.

I am a city person, though. Most of my adult experience has been in the city. I used to work in NYC, commuting from New Jersey. I cannot tell you, in the summer, of the stench of those side streets around Forty Second Street in the mornings. Absolutely repulsive.

Every morning commuters got off their buses to face that. It made you sick to your stomach. All because some low life winos could not contain themselves.

New laws were made or the old ones were enforced, because that's not happening any longer. It was a constant source of embarrassment that tourists would be welcomed into the city by the stench of last night's urine.

The 'land of the free' did not mean pissing on streets. What a lame comment. Yuish!

Last edited by goldengrain; 03-27-2013 at 10:02 AM..

Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Oh, you're perfectly correct, and if you are doing it discretely I will bet most police would just roll on by.

I am a city person, though. Most of my adult experience has been in the city. I used to work in NYC, commuting from New Jersey. I cannot tell you, in the summer, of the stench of those side streets around Forty Second Street in the mornings. Absolutely repulsive.

Every morning commuters got off their buses to face that. It made you sick to your stomach. All because some low life winos could not contain themselves.

New laws were made or the old ones were enforced, because that's not happening any longer. It was a constant source of embarrassment that tourists would be welcomed into the city by the stench of last night's urine.

The 'land of the free' did not mean pissing on streets. What a lame comment. Yuish!
Yes no one likes the smell of urine in public places in the city. Speaking of public restrooms, however, it's not always that easy to find one. I remember when I was in NY before a broadway play and the only available public toilet was in McDonald's, where I had to wait like half an hour just to use it. Many restaurants.etc won't just let you use their toilet.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:35 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,830,155 times
It is not an offence if you pee hands free...if you are holding you penis or writing nasty words in the snow then it is deemed that something sexual...and offensive...especially if you are spotted by a literary professor who is a big stickler on spelling and grammar..but seriously...this law is a confusion...a bodily function such as urinating is not a sexual function. I guess some prudes back in the day equated peeing as being in the same league as the guy flashing in his trench coat...some how a law was established...probably by someone who just hated men in general or were overly attracted to them and were closet cases - go figure.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:15 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,634,278 times
I have actually heard of this happening to someone several years ago and I think it was after a college party or something similar. The person was urinating behind some bushes, I night I think, and was seen by someone accidentally (not like they intended to be seen). And they were classified as a sex offender, as if they intentionally "flashed" someone. I think this is extreme overkill myself.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I have actually heard of this happening to someone several years ago and I think it was after a college party or something similar. The person was urinating behind some bushes, I night I think, and was seen by someone accidentally (not like they intended to be seen). And they were classified as a sex offender, as if they intentionally "flashed" someone. I think this is extreme overkill myself.
Maybe the peeing guy turned around so the person could get a good look and since the peeing stopped, the person had no other thought but that the guy was a perve. Most perves do use peeing as an excuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime