Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times

Advertisements

Ashton, Haley and Karen were in the bottom three, with Ashton going home. The top five are going to be boys only club, I predict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 08:07 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,843 times
Great comments everybody! I'm still struggling with who is who, so I'll have to get some pics to go with names. But my cue is this -- if I mute the TV while they are singing, they need to go home. LOL

Yeah - they have to put in some that aren't faaaabulous so they have someone to send home. Funny thing is, if MoTown were still the juggernaut it used to be, they could take an Ashton and turn her into a star. She isn't great, but she sounds a little like some of the MoTown stars. It's just there are so many who are so much better. But I'm tellin' ya, her 15 minutes of fame will serve her well. Ashton will go home and be a star in her little fish pond just for her weeks on AI.

Also - Didn't you love having JLo's former honey in the show tonight? She was sending PDiddy some love while he was up there.

As for Scotty - I'm a huge country fan. I hear differences in his voice from other singers. He's close to Randy Travis's voice, and Randy has done some amazing things. (and made some amazing money.) My guess is the producers are rubbing their hands together with glee over this guy. If/when he gets voted off -- they'll start working with him right away. He'll have a contract before any of them. The Country Music crowd is very different from most other music types. They consider everyone "family" and they will embrace him and teach him a little humility (that dang smirk needs to go), and they'll definitely take him in no matter what happens. I'd bet we see him on the CMT and CMA awards this year.

I'd love to hear Scotty sing this with Carrie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvTwFl6OIAk

I love how Randy watches her like a proud papa. He just loves the way she takes his song to new levels.

Boy - watching the talent in Carrie really brings it home how some of these singers need to go. She has perfect pitch and she's so smooth and powerful. Love her.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:24 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
The Country Music crowd is very different from most other music types. They consider everyone "family" and they will embrace him and teach him a little humility (that dang smirk needs to go), and they'll definitely take him in no matter what happens. I'd bet we see him on the CMT and CMA awards this year.
Like I said before he is one of the youngest contestants on the stage and at 17 he is going to be somebody's meal ticket for a lot of years. I like you, have not a doubt that he walks off the Idol stage (whenever) and walks right into a contract.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
I'll agree with you about Scott McCreery, the country singer. He was the first selected into the final ten and he sat on that stage alone for a good while. I took that as intended by the show, that the guy really is in a league alone. I said then that the longer he sits there alone the more he's going to make when he hits Nashville.

The longer he's in the line up the higher he's going to bounce in the charts. He's got a special voice. He'll be singing Garth Brooks, Randy Travis, Johnny Cash and Christmas tunes to sell out crowds.

And in a few years, his voice will mature.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:27 PM

For all you Casey lovers, just a reminder of how that song is suppose to be sung. There is simply no comparison this side of a Karaoke bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wG6Cgmgn5U&feature=fvsr

Old 03-10-2011, 08:40 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
For all you Casey lovers, just a reminder of how that song is suppose to be sung. There is simply no comparison this side of a Karaoke bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wG6Cgmgn5U&feature=fvsr
Yah - that's a tough song to take on. Gotta give Casey some props though. Apparently he was really sick and in the hospital. He came to the show to do his thing, then was re-admitted. So considering that... the guy's got something.

I thought it was interesting that Adam wasn't in SHRIEK mode tonight. Maybe that's a good message for James. He needs to see that he can be a rocker and channel his softer side.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Yah - that's a tough song to take on. Gotta give Casey some props though. Apparently he was really sick and in the hospital. He came to the show to do his thing, then was re-admitted. So considering that... the guy's got something.
: smack:

Old 03-10-2011, 09:38 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
I didnt like the performances yesterday at all.

The judges appear to be afraid of telling the truth. No one stood out imo for being good-but everyone was off the mark.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:44 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
My guess was that Ashton would go home, but I still felt sorry for her and her family.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
I apologize for revisiting this BUT... Casey might have been sick, but how old is Casey 23? FLOCKING COCKER IS 66!

There some things in rock are sacred Janis Joplin, Tina Turner, Aretha, Hendrix, and Joe Cocker, just to name a few. IF you intend upon covering one of their signature pieces you DAMNED better come up with something that knocks it out the park.

I just not feeling this guy. AT ALL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV