Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 10:06 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,535,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
For some reason, I could see them bringing back - Phillip and Matt.....
Ok, I give. What was so interesting about Phillip? He was only entertaining because everyone else was weak lame or indifferent.

Matt, well he was interesting until he found God there on RI. From there he went down hill quickly.

Nope - you won't soon see either of these guys on any island and are soon to be forgotten.

I wouldn't mind seeing Shane Powers (if we really do have to have a repeat) in the game again but for the life of me can't really find a suitable foe.

What I really don't want to see is anyone a third time.

Guess we can put her to bed, for now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 10:27 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,129,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I'd watch it with the mute button on and with my eyes closed.
and the TV off

Old 05-23-2011, 11:26 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,466,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
and the TV off
Cannot rep. 5 stars, would cackle again.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:51 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,237,650 times
I could see Andrea coming back for sure or Ashley....not sure for males....hmmm

Old 05-23-2011, 03:08 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,681,817 times
Maybe Stephanie will come back since it's likely Russ will be back....she wanted nothing more in the world than to play with him, only for him to put a can of you-know-what on her like Rob did the others...but she still thinks she can outplay and outlast him while riding his coattails. Maybe she'll get her chance.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,685,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I neither love nor hate Cirie. I had to LOL at all the things she hated in the begining of her 1st season. That "I hate leaves!" was priceless. LOL, she hated.....the whole of outdoors!!! Didn't she win one of her seasons?

I also don't think they should have millionaires as contestants. I really liked Jimmy Johnson but still felt he should not have been competing for the money. That wife of some football player. Football players make more money than they should. of course on the other hand, if you need the money, you aren't going to take 3 months off of your job to go play Survivor, are you? I think the first season or two we had "real" people but when those "real" people began losing their jobs because of playing the game, it became a not too good idea to sign up. That's too bad too.
Just because someone played football 20 years ago, shouldn't rule them out as a player.

Even now, most players don't make millions and after taxes, agents and other expenses, you'd be surprised how little they actually put in their pocket. The average NFL player survives around 3 years.

There is a great book by Stephen Fatsis called "A few seconds of panic" that extensively details player finances and it is quite enlightening.

Currently around 60% of NFL players go bankrupt or near bankrupt within 5 years of leaving the game.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:19 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,685,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
not a Cirie fan either. I swear she is one of THE laziest players I've seen.
Cirie is about as useless as they come, I can't understand any plaudits for her.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:42 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,382,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I also don't think they should have millionaires as contestants. I really liked Jimmy Johnson but still felt he should not have been competing for the money. That wife of some football player. Football players make more money than they should. of course on the other hand, if you need the money, you aren't going to take 3 months off of your job to go play Survivor, are you? I think the first season or two we had "real" people but when those "real" people began losing their jobs because of playing the game, it became a not too good idea to sign up. That's too bad too.
And I don't think the producers should pay any attention at all to how much money a potential contestant has. How does that matter? They should just pick the best possible candidates that will make the very best show! Interesting people and good competitors are what's important - not someone's bank balance - so why rule anyone out?

Old 05-25-2011, 07:24 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,237,650 times
Survivor has been lacking in exciting contestansts for awhile now! Pearl Islands or Palau seems like the last seasons that had exciting contestants!

Old 05-25-2011, 07:29 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,467,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
and the TV off
Yeah, that too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV