Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 10:11 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,385,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
You know, Special Agent Phillip has grown on me. I'm a little shocked to be writing this, but I really admire him in a crazy way. How freeing it must be to be in his mental state where you TRULY believe your own stories about yourself, where you are never done giving yourself a pat on the back or being awed at your own brilliance. And the best is: Not caring how other people perceive you. I mean seriously, I'm really a bit jealous of it. How many times have I said something and immediately thought, "Oh Dear God - did I just say that out-loud?!" or done or said something that you fret about for awhile. Not Phillip. He just is. I really kind of like that. To be kind of out there and NOT KNOW you are out there.

As for the butch fire lady, do you know what she makes me think of? A middle-age Cabbage Patch doll. Do any of you remember those from the late 80's or 90's? It's the eyes that are really close together and all the other exaggerated features she has. If that tribe loses again the obvious choice would be Sarita, but I agree with some of you above - Dave the attorney committed a no-no when he didn't vote with the tribe at this TC.
I cannot stand to look at that weird woman. She is so strange looking. Her eyes are freaky, and I hope someone knocks that smirk off her face. That's a good one- "A middle age Cabbage Patch doll" haahaaaaa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 10:57 PM

28,138 posts, read 30,066,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
hehehehehe..........hope she doesn't beat Matt on the next challenge
I am really starting to like Matt. Normally, it kind of rubs me the wrong way when someone makes a big deal out of saying they're a Christian (to me it implies that everybody who doesn't specifically mention their religion somehow isn't a Christian), so my first impression of him was kind of borderline negative. But the more I see of him, the more I think he's a genuinely decent guy who got dealt a crappy hand and is making the best of it. I hope he sends Stephanie on her way and however many other people he needs to, too, and ends up going all the way to the end.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I would love to have a camera looking on Phillip's ex-coworkers! They are probably rolling their eyes and talking about what a nut he was before he got fired.
Absolutely! Can you even imagine having someone like him as a co-worker!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
You know, Special Agent Phillip has grown on me.
Oh, puh-lease say you didn't mean that!

Quote:
As for the butch fire lady, do you know what she makes me think of? A middle-age Cabbage Patch doll. Do any of you remember those from the late 80's or 90's? It's the eyes that are really close together and all the other exaggerated features she has.
Yes, she's definitely quite odd looking, but at least she's not a nutjob like Phillip.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:03 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,823,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I am really starting to like Matt. Normally, it kind of rubs me the wrong way when someone makes a big deal out of saying they're a Christian (to me it implies that everybody who doesn't specifically mention their religion somehow isn't a Christian), so my first impression of him was kind of borderline negative. But the more I see of him, the more I think he's a genuinely decent guy who got dealt a crappy hand and is making the best of it. I hope he sends Stephanie on her way and however many other people he needs to, too, and ends up going all the way to the end.
I liked Matt from the get-go and Rob only got rid of him because he was jealous of this young buck. Matt got a raw deal and has endured in spite of that. I hope he emerges the Sole Survivor and gets all the money. And I do mean even the Fan Favorite.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:42 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,821,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Ah, what would we do without egotists like Phillip in the game? It makes the show a show.
If I were stuck in his tribe, I'd want him gone,
but as a viewer, I hope he's around for a while.
Very funny guy.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:57 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,028,508 times
I wonder, if at some point, they stop sending people to watch the RI duels. Then, when the RI survivor returns, it would be a total surprise.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,823,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I wonder, if at some point, they stop sending people to watch the RI duels. Then, when the RI survivor returns, it would be a total surprise.

excellent question...............it should be a surprise. Don't cha think?

Old 03-25-2011, 07:25 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,244,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian88 View Post
I haven't watched Survivor since Season 5 but I'm really glad I decided to watch this season. Phillip the Phormer Phederal Agent cracks me up like there's no tomorrow. In addition to being hilarious to watch, I agree with cokatie in that I respect his ability to just be himself without caring what other people think. It takes a brave man to wear fuchsia grandpa panties on national television.

I am so glad Stephanie was voted out instead of Sarita, she is just too annoying to watch. I was a little surprised that they didn't vote her out last week. Matt had better beat her in the Redemption Island dual. She is cocky enough as a loser, I shudder to think how cocky she'd be as a winner.
LOL, my grandpa wore boxer shorts not briefs! Ewwww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
Phillip is replete with awesomeness. I want him to win. And with his 4 years, 11 months and 13 days of service to this country - how could he possibly lose???
I immediatly asked my hubby if he knew, to THE DAY, how long he was in the Army....nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I enjoy delusional, Philip. He is the most interesting person on Survivor this season. I am a big Boston Rob fan, but I like him for different reasons. He's cute, confident, smart and seems to play a great social game. Philip is just an interesting nut
Just like 3 years ago, the jerk contestant is starting to "get to me". Not like Russell did but for entertainment value. Stealth Man is fun to watch now. I feel so sorry for his co-contestants but happy for us viewers now that Russell is gone. Makes me look forward to a new week. Now Jax, be gentle when you jump on me.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:13 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,547,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Did y'all hear his little honey turn on him in her cameo because he was nice to another girl besides her?
She's all of 18 years old. I don't expect a very mature reaction there.

In the words of Dand Carvey as the Church Lady, "Isn't that Special?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV