Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 10:32 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,140,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I did enjoy when Jeff Probst issued the command, "Grab your balls." If only Jonny Fairplay were on this season, you know what would have happened.
LOL! I heard him say that, but I didn't pick up on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 12:40 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,038,773 times
Did I miss the how they voted during the end credits? For some reason, it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that Matt voted for Steve.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:49 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,362,042 times
I missed the end credits too.
I think Matt is just an idiot now for going back to the tribe that voted him out. I used to like Rob, but now i hate him again. I do hope this is his last Survivor. Enough already! He is an arrogant jerk. Or maybe the producers just let us see his bad side on purpose. Yeah, that's it.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:59 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,844,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Did I miss the how they voted during the end credits? For some reason, it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that Matt voted for Steve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I missed the end credits too.
I think Matt is just an idiot now for going back to the tribe that voted him out. I used to like Rob, but now i hate him again. I do hope this is his last Survivor. Enough already! He is an arrogant jerk. Or maybe the producers just let us see his bad side on purpose. Yeah, that's it.
I watched the entire thing and I didn't see it show who voed for who. I think Matt voted Steve as well.

I'm with you right now Pink--not loving Rob.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:56 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,400,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I guess the audience was not shown what lead up to half the newly merged tribe to vote for Grant. That's kind of a gyp as far as I'm concerned.
They showed the guys of Zapatera decide that since they weren't sure who has an immunity idol, rather than hit the obvious target - Rob - they'd go for his right-hand-man, Grant.

So all of Zapatera voted for Grant. All of Ometepe, except for Matt, voted for Matt. And Matt was the one vote for Steve - he was under the impression that Steve was still the target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
don't feel sorry for Matt. He betrayed his alliance by blabbing to Rob about what they had intended to do. I don't blame Andrea for getting upset with him. What a rotten thing to do. Mr. Christian was a Judas.

Rob is not a priest. Matt had no business making a confession to him.
A Judas? You do realize that Matt was originally on the same tribe as Rob? And while he got offers from the other side, he never made any promises to Zapatera - he said he'd think about it, but he didn't make a firm deal.

Matt started on Ometepe, and in the end decided to stick with Ometepe - so he didn't betray anyone. He stayed loyal. Who knows what he'll do if he gets to come back again though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I used to like Rob, but now i hate him again. I do hope this is his last Survivor. Enough already! He is an arrogant jerk. Or maybe the producers just let us see his bad side on purpose. Yeah, that's it.
The more I see of Rob, the more I like him! But then I love clever people!

If what we saw tonight it the producers letting us "see his bad side" then I'm on board for more, more, more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
And what was with Ralph using his hidden immunity idol on Mike, when Mike wasn't even a target??
They could sense that the other side was targeting Mike - and they were right - Rob was ready to send Mike home, until... Matt started acting flakey. If Matt had played his cards just a bit more skillfully, he'd still be in the game, and Rob and the others would have been voting for Mike. And guess what? If that had happened, and then Ralph played the idol, it would have been Grant who was sent to Redemption Isle!

So bottom line, Grant should be very grateful that Matt went!

Old 04-07-2011, 06:50 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,559,136 times
Matt was just an idiot. He belongs on RI and I don't see him dominating now that he'll have to face some better competitors. His telling Rob of his idea to bind-side him was the most incredibly stupid thing he could ever have done. Good thing he has God on his side because there isn't anyone else.

It was obvious that Matt voted Steve. He wouldn't have been included in the instruction of voting for himself. Sure didn't need the credits to figure that one out. His odds of becoming Mayor of Ponderosa are quite high.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:51 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,452,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I think it's pretty obvious who voted for who. It was strictly along tribe lines with the exception of Matt who at this point has no tribe alliance.

One of his mistakes is his open God references. It just turns off many people.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:04 AM

44,711 posts, read 61,926,396 times
My thoughts....

Matt is becomming his own worse enemy. Yes, enough with the religious stuff.

Ralph and the HII, "stupid is as stupid does"...Forrest Gump

Survivor producers need to go back to the premise of the original shows, this season is all screwed up. They focus too much on one or two players and not what is really going on between episodes.

There was no credit rolls here, the show went straight to commercials.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:37 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,914,238 times
I find it hard to imagine God being concerned with the outcome of a reality show. He is just too open, honesty is great but he said too much to Rob, it's a game.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:44 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,464,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
And what was with Ralph using his hidden immunity idol on Mike, when Mike wasn't even a target??
The other tribe had no clue that they would vote out Matt. Thus, their guess was on Mike, who looked most superior in the challenges so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours
It seemed a bit fishy that Matt cut his foot and then the challenge happened to put pressure on the exact part of his injured foot.
The "cut" was on the interior of his foot. In other words, the pressure was not on it since the exterior of the foot on was on the pegs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram
Survivor producers need to go back to the premise of the original shows, this season is all screwed up. They focus too much on one or two players and not what is really going on between episodes.
They have always focused on big personalities throughout all the seasons. If they didn't, you would just see Female A & B just tanning talking girl stuff or the Matt/Andrea lost love story. All 4 of them haven't played an ounce of this game so far. That is half the old Ometepe tribe.

Though, I think they need to go back to starving the contestants like years past and stop them from having all these tools, hairbrushes (WTF), and food challenges each week. Survivor has turned from surviving to now just uncomfortable camping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV