Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 06:21 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,817,574 times

Advertisements

And OMG if Phillip comes back I we have to somehow all get together and drag him away to the looney bin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 06:36 PM

48 posts, read 92,162 times
I am so happy Rob won. Overall he played it so good. The game was a little boring because everything was safe but he is my all time favorite Survivor cast member and I'm so glad he won.
Please read my blog post on it and let me know what you think

Randomness Is Key When Bored: Survivor! (http://deardiane0309.blogspot.com/2011/05/survivor.html#comments - broken link)

Old 05-16-2011, 06:41 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,572,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Well that's it for me. Since they are bringing back 1. Redemption Island 2. (probably) former players and 3. the dullest contestants around, the show no longer holds any interest for me.

One thing though, I wonder if Rob would have been successful in the Zapatera tribe. They seemed to be determined to vote out the "veteran" player early on. Or was it just that the Zapaterians couldn't stand Russell?

Would Rob have been able to manipulate the Zapaterians like he did the Ometepes?
of course he wouldn't have been, but that's why they put him with a bunch of youngsters and fawning girls. The whole season was stacked for him. Sickening.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:31 PM

7,406 posts, read 5,519,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
of course he wouldn't have been, but that's why they put him with a bunch of youngsters and fawning girls. The whole season was stacked for him. Sickening.
You're right. Him and Jeff Probst had a bromance going on. Jeff even had a picture of his BF Rob cashing his Survivor check on his Twitter page. EW!

Old 05-17-2011, 12:49 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,271,484 times
I think Russell learned a little lesson...social game play is vital to Survivor. I liked that he asked if Rob would shake his hand "now?". I also liked that David spoke to his fellow jury members and told them that Rob should win. Basically telling them not to vote for popularity the way jurors have taken to doing too many times now. The only thing I didn't like/understand was Rob's remark to the jury about wanting to win to provide a better life for his family. What, Amber's million wasn't enough? I doubt Rob is doing carpentery jobs down in Fkorida to support the family. That may be why he crapped out a couple times the last two seasons. I'm glad he won...finally. Stay home now, Rob. love ya.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:55 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,838,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I think Russell learned a little lesson...social game play is vital to Survivor. I liked that he asked if Rob would shake his hand "now?". I also liked that David spoke to his fellow jury members and told them that Rob should win. Basically telling them not to vote for popularity the way jurors have taken to doing too many times now. The only thing I didn't like/understand was Rob's remark to the jury about wanting to win to provide a better life for his family. What, Amber's million wasn't enough? I doubt Rob is doing carpentery jobs down in Fkorida to support the family. That may be why he crapped out a couple times the last two seasons. I'm glad he won...finally. Stay home now, Rob. love ya.

I too liked the stand David took at TC.
I bet Rob and Amber zipppppped through what was left of that Million after several state taxes were taken then the federal taxes. Hope they learned how far that money will go and make good use of it. Rob really needs a job,if he doesn't have one.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:13 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,271,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I too liked the stand David took at TC.
I bet Rob and Amber zipppppped through what was left of that Million after several state taxes were taken then the federal taxes. Hope they learned how far that money will go and make good use of it. Rob really needs a job,if he doesn't have one.

Apparently "reality star" is Rob's main vocation now, Pippy. I thought they might be out of money by now too. The people next door to me won $12 MILLION dollars in the lottery and went broke within 2 years. Lost everything! How stupid is that????

Old 05-17-2011, 02:14 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,463,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

One thing though, I wonder if Rob would have been successful in the Zapatera tribe. They seemed to be determined to vote out the "veteran" player early on. Or was it just that the Zapaterians couldn't stand Russell?

Would Rob have been able to manipulate the Zapaterians like he did the Ometepes?
I'm confident that Rob would have been able to, if not manipulate, at least charm, several of the Zapatera members; that's how good he's gotten at playing and reading this game. My bet is, just like he sought out Grant on Omotepe, that Steve would have been his first alliance. And it's easy to forget, because they got voted out so early, but Zapatera had a couple of young things for Rob to swoop on, too; Krista and Stephanie. They latched onto Russell early, which was their ultimate downfall, but part of that was that they took on many of Russell's game traits, so they weren't actually liked among the others, either. Rob would have had them behaving completely differently, with his quiet admonitions to do this, say that, pretend this, etc.

I suspect David would have found himself star-struck enough to be vulnerable to Rob's manipulation, and with Julie being such a "ball buster", my bet is she'd have been Rob's first target. Without Julie and Steve as a duo, it would have been harder for Zapatera to solidify an alliance bigger than the one that included Rob, in order to get him voted off. And with Rob as good as he was at camp, and way less irritating and annoying than Russell, I highly doubt Zapatera would have intentionally thrown a challenge, which means their momentum would have kept up and Rob wouldn't have been at risk as early as Russell was.

But we'll never know for sure, so speculating is somewhat useless. I just think Rob got good enough at the social game that he'd have had success no matter which tribe they put him on. He may not have won the whole shebang, but there almost certainly wouldn't have been an intentional loss just to get him out.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:50 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,261,355 times
Someone on another forum said they thought they saw Ashley in the preview for the next show. Ick. I didn't like her too much.
I am a Rob fan and wanted him to win but was convinced it could never happen.
Well it happened, not because they didn't align with BITTER Julie but because the should have voted him off earlier. I had no idea that Natalie and Ashley knew he had the idol.
Poor Phillip - I liked that Rob was very kind in his comments at the Reunion show - AFTER it would make any difference with votes or alliances. All those other people who continued to make fun of him (Ashley) are just classless *******. No call for that. I thought Phillip did look sort of down about it all.

And Julie on Natalie - Natalie is a very young 19 what does she expect from her? None of her business to judge her like that anyway.

David and his engagement Oh how awkward, That chick (a first vote out no less) was less than thrilled. Poor David. It does make me question even more his ability to read people and situations. I'm guessing his vote off position is about as far as he would ever get in the game regardless of his alleged smarts.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:27 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,534,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Someone on another forum said they thought they saw Ashley in the preview for the next show. Ick. I didn't like her too much.
I am a Rob fan and wanted him to win but was convinced it could never happen.
Well it happened, not because they didn't align with BITTER Julie but because the should have voted him off earlier. I had no idea that Natalie and Ashley knew he had the idol.
Poor Phillip - I liked that Rob was very kind in his comments at the Reunion show - AFTER it would make any difference with votes or alliances. All those other people who continued to make fun of him (Ashley) are just classless *******. No call for that. I thought Phillip did look sort of down about it all.

And Julie on Natalie - Natalie is a very young 19 what does she expect from her? None of her business to judge her like that anyway.

David and his engagement Oh how awkward, That chick (a first vote out no less) was less than thrilled. Poor David. It does make me question even more his ability to read people and situations. I'm guessing his vote off position is about as far as he would ever get in the game regardless of his alleged smarts.
I agree. I don't like it when the older people, especially the women, treat the younger contestants like kids. If they are old enough to play, they should be able to meet the social challenges as well as the physical ones.

I liked Julie but who was it who wound up lasting until the final three? Whatever Natalie did or didn't do, it got her pretty darn far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV