Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 09:01 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,547,897 times

Advertisements

I agree with those of you saying how much better Skylar looked-man they put her in some of the most unflattering things before, it was ridiculous.

Philip is reminding me of Joe Cocker, all hunched and growling, and I don't really get why the judges are loving him so much. He's good, cute and quirky, but the way they praise him seems over the top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,613,683 times
I liked Colton & Skylar's duet the best. The individual performances weren't as great as the week before. I love 80's music but I didn't care for any of those songs performed.

Colton sounded kind of nasaly (is that a word?) when he sang.

Joshua's performance was really good until he started screaming. It was too over the top for me. I don't like his style of singing, but he is very talented.

Still don't care for DeAndre or Phil. Again, both talented, I just don't care for their singing.

I want to see Colton, Skylar and Jessica in the finals. But this is another season where I don't really care who wins.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,756,557 times
DeAndre and Joshua irritated me last night and gave me a headache. I really would like to see them leave. Hollie is struggling, but sounded good at the end. She might go to the Stools O' Shame and possibly going bye bye. gobucks 86 would be able to marry her then. hahaha.

Jessica has been growing on me for the past few weeks since Hollie is going the wrong direction and about to get hit by a semi truck. My future wife Skylar did very good that night. She mixed it up and was able to pull off that ballad she sang.

I never cared about P2 and Colton. I liked Colton during the Billy Joel week, but he's slipping off since. Elise never did anything for me either and I don't care about her anyway. The duets sucked.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:07 AM

Hollie has a great voice, and it was great in the ending. I hoped Hollie would improve because she has the potential to, but she messed up in the beginning. gobucks 86 would be able to marry Hollie sooner.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,539,677 times
Listed from best to worse:

Phillip
Elise
Jessica
Colton
Joshua
Hollie
Skyler
Deandre

Winners of the night:
Top Three
Phillip
Elise
Jessica

Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Listed from best to worse:

Phillip
Elise
Jessica
Colton
Joshua
Hollie
Skyler
Deandre

Winners of the night:
Top Three
Phillip
Elise
Jessica
How in the wide wide world of sports can you stand to listen to Joshua? Both DeAndre and Joshua gave me a headache and I was tempted to destroy my T.V.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:27 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,826,961 times
Based on what I've read, I know that I won't get a lot of agreement with this opinion, but I actually liked ALL of the duets last night and thought the pairings were perfect. Jessica and Joshua's was superb -- really pro quality. Liked their styling too. Joshua looked GREAT in that light suit vs. the wild, distracting jacket he wore during his solo performance. Thought Deandre and Elise were both way better in their duets than in their solo performances.

Skylar looked beautiful, and I was impressed with her solo performance. I thought she held back nicely in the beginning and sang with a lot of emotion. I also like how she decided to change things up and show America a different side than we've seen previously. I wish that Phillip now would do that. Even though he's different, he keeps showing us the same different week after week, if you know what I'm saying. I want him to put down the guitar and maybe sing a non-growling ballad or something.

Joshua doesn't give me a headache. I never get tired of him and am blown away every week with his professionalism at such a young age. Jessica too, though, her song choice last night wasn't my fave.

I really like Elise's voice, but sometimes it seems like she's singing too low. I like her best, I think, when she rocks out or gets real bluesy like that "New York State of Mind" song she did.

My top three of the night were Joshua, Phillip and Skylar. Poor Holly can't seem to let herself go, no matter what type of song she sings. I think she'll be leaving and available for marriage real soon.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:32 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,621,319 times
I am so tired of DeAndre and his hair. He flops it around thinking it's giving him more votes everytime he does it. And I can't stand J-Lo's glow everytime she "critiques" him. "Baby you know I love you" J-Lo seems like a good person, but she needs to stop judging with her hormones.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
My top three of the night were Joshua, Phillip and Skylar. Poor Holly can't seem to let herself go, no matter what type of song she sings. I think she'll be leaving and available for marriage real soon.
Either Hollie needs to stop overthinking and let go or seek a vocal coach.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Does anyone still remember Brielle from this season?

I originally intended to marry her but her mom creeped me out. hahaha. Now, I'm going for Skylar.

Brielle and Reed would be a better choice for the wild card but those dopey judges rejected them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV