Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 03:13 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times

Advertisements

I think people are reading way too much into this Jessica save thing.

An honest observer will admit that the girl has an incredible voice, awesome stage presence and just gobs and gobs of talent. The fact that the judges wouldn't want to see her leave before Hollie is a no-brainer. Hollie has a beautiful voice, but much like Pia, she's almost dead inside when she sings, try as she might.

I don't think that means they necessarily want her to win. But be real - we'd have all saved her last night, too. C'mon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 03:19 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I really don't understand all the extreme emotions expressed on this thread. After all it's just a TV show we are talking about here. It's supposed to be about entertainment. for those who are not entertained I sugest to them, don't watch the show. Pretty simple really. I can't be negative about any of these contestents. They all work their butts off week after week for a long time running. They all seem like really nice young folks and I can only wish the very best for them all. From this point going forward, they all have a tough row to hoe. I don't think being a celeb is in any way an easy life and as history clearly shows us it destroys many bright young stars. I just hope the very best for them all and I thank them for entertaining me for a few hours of my week.
I can't really criticize any of the contestants but I sure can the judges. I've been watching the show since season #1. If I want to say that these judges suck I will. They are ruining a show I used to like a lot. I have always avoided anything Jaylo touches like the plague, then the clowns went and made her a judge on one of my favorite shows

So please don't tell me to not watch, even though I'll probably take that advice if these same three judges return next year. I kind of doubt they will since the ratings on the show have taken a giant nosedive this year and this is Fox's crown jewel. Big Bang Theory took #1 over AI all season long.

Last edited by PullMyFinger; 04-13-2012 at 03:27 PM..

Old 04-13-2012, 03:19 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

An honest observer will admit that the girl has an incredible voice, awesome stage presence and just gobs and gobs of talent. The fact that the judges wouldn't want to see her leave before Hollie is a no-brainer. Hollie has a beautiful voice, but much like Pia, she's almost dead inside when she sings, try as she might.

I don't think that means they necessarily want her to win. But be real - we'd have all saved her last night, too. C'mon!
Right. The judges had to use the save either this week or next week. Holly may have done well this week, but overall she is the weakest link. Also, the save had to be unanimous. There might have been some disagreement over some of the other contestants.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:20 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Everyone is blaming the judges for running up on the stage. They have producers, directors, etc. telling them how things will go down. The powers that be decide who gets saved and they tell the judges. The judges are figure heads. Think of it like England. Queen Elizabeth is the face, but the Prime Minister is the one really in charge. Hate the judges if you will, but most of your wrath should be directed at the people who run that show. I also think that the producers tell the judges who to pimp or not pimp each week.
I can blame them for being annoying though, even if they are doing as told.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:04 PM

102 posts, read 296,946 times
Am I the only one who thinks this whole thing was fake. Jessica has never been in the bottom at all and all of a sudden she has the lowest number of votes??????????? yeah right. Jessica has the 2nd most likes of the contestants on facebook 4 times as much as hollie and elise, which means more people voting. The whole thing with jermaine was totally fake as if they didnt know he had warrants out for his arrest.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:07 PM

102 posts, read 296,946 times
The jugdes fake reactions to jessica with the lowest number of votes was worst than J.lo's singing.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:18 PM

958 posts, read 2,133,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

She needs voice lessons so that when she hits those big notes she's hits them in the middle and not flat or sharp. In that she is not consistant and should not be propped up by the judges.

There is nothing about her performances that shows me she is what the judges say. My honest observation.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:22 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
She needs voice lessons so that when she hits those big notes she's hits them in the middle and not flat or sharp. In that she is not consistant and should not be propped up by the judges.

There is nothing about her performances that shows me she is what the judges say. My honest observation.
Do you honestly think that Hollie, Skylar and Elise have more talent and range than Jessica?

Old 04-13-2012, 04:33 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,386,447 times
IF the judges knew ahead of time (as per the article I posted) then they may have talked about how to react to it. They may have also talked with the Producers about how to react. Giving the benefit of the doubt -- It MAY BE that her fans got comfortable and didn't vote. And it MAY BE that she really was in the bottom three.

I think what we are all reacting to is how contrived and fake the "save" event was -- and it could have been planned by the three judges and Nigel just hours before the show.

I don't think many people believe she shouldn't have been saved. It's not the "what" - it's the "how" of the save. It looks to me like something JLo would have cooked up and talked the guys into. Steven didn't look like he was on board for the run up to Jess. Randy is - well just Randy. I think he's got a lifelong issue of not feeling like he belongs, so he tries really really hard to belong. I'm not all that crazy about how he expresses himself, but I have a soft spot for him because of that.

And I keep putting myself in Jessica's shoes. I would be unnerved by the unexpected rush towards me and the grabbing of the mike from my hands. That would shake me up more than being in the bottom! How you say this? That was WACK, DUDE!

Oh - I just got it - THAT's where Penny on Big Bang Theory came up with wackadoodle: Wack DUDE! ... OK that one was just for me.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:33 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post

Really? Jimmy and the others must be tone deaf then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV