Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 04:03 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltaway View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this whole thing was fake. Jessica has never been in the bottom at all and all of a sudden she has the lowest number of votes??????????? yeah right. Jessica has the 2nd most likes of the contestants on facebook 4 times as much as hollie and elise, which means more people voting. The whole thing with jermaine was totally fake as if they didnt know he had warrants out for his arrest.
I agree it was fake...but (and I realize I'm about to receive a lot of flak about this) also as fake as Jessica herself. Her interactions (when she's not speaking) and facial expressions with everyone on that show are quite telling.

JMHO, but if the results weren't contrived, then I'm not the only one who sees this. Technically, she does well. Technically, her performance was excellent. Her personality, I'm sorry to say, is a huge turn-off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 04:07 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Me, too. I've started to use the mute button when she comments. We wonder if that was her dancing in some of the long shots in the video. My husband had remarked it looked like she needed assistance from the male dancers in her Kohl ad.
BTW - It was funny when Steven commented that he was there for most of eighties. I love his self deprecating humor.
Although Steven Tyler seems lost in space most of the time, I too love his sense of humor. He shows a true appreciation for music and talent although WHY he is so "smitten" with Elise on this year's show is beyond me. She is ok but a far cry from the other girl singers on there, expecially 16 year old Jessica who I think is going to be a huge success some day. JayLo bugs the crap out of my husband too, he is amazed at how HUGE her rear end looks on TV. I don't get why she was voted the most beautiful woman in the world now???

Do love watching Idol this year, lots of talent. Did anyone see the dramatic "Save" on last Thursday's show?

Old 04-14-2012, 05:37 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
I don't watch this show as I think it's nonsense, but I was too lazy to get off the couch and go to another room while my wife watched it the other night.

When they got to the last 10 minutes or so, I heard Tyler announce that nobody was going home since they were going to use the "save" that night.

But then the show continued the hype of someone being voted off and we saw the judges rushing the stage like they were actually surprising us by saving the girl.

It didn't make sense. I think Tyler let the cat out of the bag.

It definitely reaffirmed my thought that this show is a big steaming pile of crap and a rock & roll hero of my youth has turned into a sissy sellout.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:57 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I don't watch this show as I think it's nonsense, but I was too lazy to get off the couch and go to another room while my wife watched it the other night.

When they got to the last 10 minutes or so, I heard Tyler announce that nobody was going home since they were going to use the "save" that night.

But then the show continued the hype of someone being voted off and we saw the judges rushing the stage like they were actually surprising us by saving the girl.

It definitely reaffirmed my thought that this show is a big steaming pile of crap and a rock & roll hero of my youth has turned into a sissy sellout.
Yeah, it's hard for me to watch Tyler selling himself out on this show as well. Why didn't he just agree to be a mentor and let Barry Manilow be a judge? Can you imagine Bob Seger doing a gig like that? Never in a million years would he. I've lost a lot of respect for Tyler.

I hope they clean house next season. The ratings have suffered from Jaylo's antics. They need to dump her and Tyler. I'm not that crazy about Jackson, but he deserves to stay I think. Offer the world to Simon to come back and then try to get someone interesting as a 3rd judge. Like I said, a retired record producer I think would be great.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:02 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
I'd like to see Steven stay as a judge for the auditions and then have someone else judging once they get to the final 24 or whatever it is.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I'd like to see Steven stay as a judge for the auditions and then have someone else judging once they get to the final 24 or whatever it is.
Great idea. Why not have different judges for each round of auditions?

Old 04-14-2012, 08:12 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Great idea. Why not have different judges for each round of auditions?
That could work, too. I think it's good to have at least one judge who is there throughout - besides that, it could be even better to mix it up some. I always like Steven best during the auditions when he seems a little freer but still often gives constructive, insightful criticism. Once America is voting he tends to zone out and go mostly blah for me. JLo - meh - they've gotta have a crazy broad on the panel so it might as well be her.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:01 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post

Despite Steven's heavy drug use he has always been and remains smart. He is not a sellout to his band which is the important thing, because he could have went and played professionally and written with Zeppelin and he couldn't do it. He took Idol and got an uprise in sales for Aerosmith and made his boys more money. He has always been made to look like the difficult one but it's actually more Perry that's the tantrum thrower. Maybe Steve should have kept Dufay and Crespo in the 80's -they were actually really good guitar players.

Joe is moving permanately to L.A as I type, and Idol is experience under Stevens belt to move on to other things - I predict come up with his own projects in tv land to take him into his old age.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:39 AM

340 posts, read 1,445,980 times
Why did they bother to ask the judges who was most likely to be voted off and their response was just everybody vote for their favorite. Then Randy says common people get it right - vote for the best singer. Obviously the judges have established their favorite. It's called Amercan Idol not "Steloandys Idol" That move to save was pathetic. I hope Jessica realizes she's not by any means a favorite.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:43 AM

958 posts, read 2,133,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Thanks, I was just curious. I think my favorites are Colton and P2, but in my opinion Jessica blows them all out of the water. She's not my style, but I think she has "it", as in Mariah, Christina A, etc. I guess we all hear different things. I think Skylar is a sweetie and seems so likeable, but I cannot stand her voice. On the other hand, I loved Scotty McCreery's voice so it can't be that I am anti- country.

It will be fun to see what happens. I have a feeling Colton is going to win.
I believe you could be right with Colton winning.
Colton is the Christain Rock/Rock singer
P2 is the soulful blues guy
Joshua is this R&B/Mowtown throw back
Jessica is the typical flavor of the month pop singer
Skylar is this modern "Little Miss Dynamite" type Country powerhouse
And Hollie has so much potential but it seems something holds her back and I hate that for her.

With the judges rushing on stage I can't help but think AI has jumped the shark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV