Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 08:48 PM

958 posts, read 2,135,663 times

Advertisements

Jessica Sanchez was flat in parts of the song and got a standing O from the judges????! She's hype.

Deandre is Milli Vanilli incarnate... both of them sucked too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,880,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
Jessica Sanchez was flat in parts of the song and got a standing O from the judges????! She's hype.

Deandre is Milli Vanilli incarnate... both of them sucked too.
Jessica Sanchez was flat????? OMG. She was pure perfection imo.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 PM

958 posts, read 2,135,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Jessica Sanchez was flat????? OMG. She was pure perfection imo.
She sang good but that's as far as it goes. EVP and Hollie have better voices.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:47 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,394,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Haha! I guess you haven't heard much because you don't listen to country? That Scotty comment was hilarious! He is here finishing his last year of HS and playing varsity baseball. He will be touring soon and has had success since AI and does gigs and manages school work - we all think he's a pretty special young man and represents our area very well. Oh, and his single, "Clear as Day" went platinum.

Here's some of what's going on with him:
Scotty McCreery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scotty McCreery News
Amen - I love Scotty and hear him on the radio almost every day. Obviously, if country isn't your genre, you're going to think he's not around. But he isn't a crossover yet on any songs, so we are hearing a lot about him on country radio and tv. He's quite a gentleman and a gentle-man. He doesn't deserve the criticism. HE isn't the one who voted himself to the top. He just sang his little heart out. Not bad for someone who hasn't yet graduated from High School. IMO he made it easier for the judges to consider someone still in HS. They have a model for how that works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I agree, what Steven says is always in left field and your like huh.
Plus he a male Cougar so that makes it just as bad if he does speak.
I really wouldnt even call him judges but more like cheer leaders.
I always enjoy what Jimmy Iovine says he the true judge and does say what we hear.
I always thought of cougars as being in their 50's. Methinks Steven has passed that... he's no cougar! He's a SNOW LEOPARD!
And I like the guy... He cleaned up his act and he's adding a little spunk and humor to the show.

A guy like Jimmy was in this role on a CMT show called "Can you Duet" -- can't remember his name, but that guy was the real deal, too - the producer who was actually looking for new talent. So he was thinking about marketability for each of the duets that competed. I enjoyed that show and wish they'd bring it back. I think adding Jimmy into the mix has made this more of a legitimate show for finding new talent. Jimmy knows what sells and has an eye for musicians. I'm liking this format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I confess that my natural tendency is to think like Princess is - out of sight, out of mind - I figure they just go back to their old lives and move on. It used to be that if somebody was anybody that everybody knew about it. Fame is different now, though - it comes in so many different shapes, sizes and specialized segments. TFW brings up excellent points - just because I haven't followed these kids and their faces/names aren't plastered all over mainstream media, doesn't mean they aren't out there doing their thing, selling albums, and developing a fan base that will fill concert venues. Many of them don't go back to their old lives - they have the opportunity to pursue a career in music that they might not have had without Idol.
Agreed - the music market has become more segmented in some ways.There's so much talent out there, so many venues from regular radio and tv to satellite radio and even airplane radio. The producers of all these venues need talent. Someone can easily get into a niche and the rest of us don't hear from them.

I'm not racing home to watch idol every Wednesday... but, I looked at my posts on this from last year and I did the same thing. I don't care about it until they are down to the top 15 or so. Then it gets interesting. There's some great talent on this year. I love watching people reach for more than they think they have in them. It's inspirational to watch them grow and get better before our own eyes. And it's a heckuva lot better than silly reality shows with kardashians, bachelors and people living in caves. At least this show sends people on a lifetime career shift based on real talent.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:15 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,335,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
Deandre is Milli Vanilli incarnate...
That's exactly what I thought the first time I saw him!

Old 03-10-2012, 10:07 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,267,554 times
Here's an update on some former contestants. Haley Reinhart's debut album will be released in May. She'll appear on AI March 22nd. Check out Haley's performance of Wild Horses with Slash. Adam's album will be released on March 20th. Casey James new album will be released this month. Casey Abrams and Stefano Longano have been given contracts. I still love Paul MacDonald.

'American Idol' roundup: New music from Kris Allen, Jordin Sparks, Haley Reinhart, and more! | The Music Mix | EW.com

Old 03-10-2012, 11:31 AM

I loved me some Paul McDonald, especially that duet he did earlier on.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:47 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,584,449 times
Kris Allen is about to release a new album. Here is a behind scenes of him discussing the music on it.
He mentions each song by his perception are going to be different. I cant wait.

Kris Allen - Behind The Scenes at The Mint - YouTube

Old 03-10-2012, 09:45 PM

I wanted Danny Gokey to win that season, even though everyone loved the other one whose name escapes me. Kris quietly became a winner that season. Who would have known???

Old 03-12-2012, 01:48 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,616,434 times
I too wanted Danny to win. The name you're searching for is Adam Lambert.

I FF through everything except the performance and a few judges comments.

I don't have a favorite yet. But I will say this season seems to have the most talented (vocal wise) top 12 yet. I've been watching since day one, season one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV