Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 04:17 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
"but what if you don't have to be scratched, bitten, or get zombie fluid into your system in order to be a zombie? Is that where they may be leading us?"

I think many have alluded to that is what Dr. Jenner told Rick at the CDC before it blew up....EVERYONE is infected with the virus. Although I can't see how, lots of bodies don't turn into zombies. (i.e. the cars on the highway)
Basically, yes. In the books, everyone is infected, Rick right this minute is infected with the Zombie virus for example. In order for it to be activated, he needs to die...or be bitten. It's not really explained in the books either. Robert Kirkman is looking to create an on going series vs focusing on a virus and a cure. He also goes on to basically say ignore the highway scene.

FYI: the last episode of Season 2 will contain another flashback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 06:51 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,033,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

I think many have alluded to that is what Dr. Jenner told Rick at the CDC before it blew up....EVERYONE is infected with the virus. Although I can't see how, lots of bodies don't turn into zombies. (i.e. the cars on the highway)
That makes it easy to tie in Andrea's squawk because Jenner insisted on a blood sample from everyone as the price of admission to the CDC. Don't remember the exact words, but she said something about none of them having a fever - a symptom of zombiosis - but Jenner asked her to humor him. Those blood tests may have been the conclusion to his research showing that even those who showed no symptoms were still infected.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:52 PM

I think Carl is about to Tag his first Walker...maybe getting ready for Shane as well?

WD 2x11 Sneak Peek 4 - YouTube

Old 02-29-2012, 03:03 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
I think Carl is about to Tag his first Walker...maybe getting ready for Shane as well?

WD 2x11 Sneak Peek 4 - YouTube
He shouldn't be out there alone if he doesn't know how to handle himself properly in this situation. Call me Sarah Conner, but it just frustrates me to no end that he's not well versed in weapons, and walker killing by this point, considering the world they live in. I would never be as stupid, and naive' as Lori, my son would not be throwing rocks at a walker like a curious 4yr old at the zoo. Maybe Sophia would have survived if they had just had the sense to realize in that world 12yrs is basically adult, this idea that parents, or husbands can protect their families is absurd, all but the littlest children need the ability to protect themselves. EVERYONE who's old enough to have the coordination to work a weapon should know how to quickly take down a walker. Why don't they have more bows or spears, or even homemade weapons that can quietly puncture a walker brain? Making weapons would make a lot more sense than dusting collectables at the farmhouse as thought the world hasn't gone to ****.

I wanted to smack Beth the other day when she was whining that Rick would protect his family, and leave her and Maggie alone, helpless, unable to defend themselves, certain to die, as though there was nothing they could do about it. When are these people going to grow up, and get it together? Rick's not Jesus, he knows how to use a gun, and doesn't cower in fear, that's all, he's not that special. I find it hard to believe that girls who grew up on a farm don't already know how to shoot. I hope something knocks some sense into these people, neither Rick, nor Shane is going to be able to save them, they have to save themselves.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
He shouldn't be out there alone if he doesn't know how to handle himself properly in this situation. Call me Sarah Conner, but it just frustrates me to no end that he's not well versed in weapons, and walker killing by this point, considering the world they live in. I would never be as stupid, and naive' as Lori, my son would not be throwing rocks at a walker like a curious 4yr old at the zoo. Maybe Sophia would have survived if they had just had the sense to realize in that world 12yrs is basically adult, this idea that parents, or husbands can protect their families is absurd, all but the littlest children need the ability to protect themselves. EVERYONE who's old enough to have the coordination to work a weapon should know how to quickly take down a walker. Why don't they have more bows or spears, or even homemade weapons that can quietly puncture a walker brain? Making weapons would make a lot more sense than dusting collectables at the farmhouse as thought the world hasn't gone to ****.
Keep in mind, Rick and Shane actually worked with Carl teaching him how to shoot.

Well I have tried to prove this image false but been unable to do it. So I'll park it here and see what people thinks about it.

Last edited by SVTRay; 02-29-2012 at 10:38 PM..

Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Keep in mind, Rick and Shane actually worked with Carl teaching him how to shoot.

Well I have tried to prove this image false but been unable to do it. So I'll park it here and see what people thinks about it.
I know they had a couple lessons, but it should have been done much sooner with both Carl and Sophia, and Lori should have encouraged it, weapons should already be 100% natural to Carl by this point, I think he should at least be carrying a rifle while walking around alone, if that walker gets loose it will only be a coincedence that Carl happened to see that gun, truth is he should be so well versed in guns that he would be way over the childhood curiosity of finding a gun in a pack, he should already have his own weapons. Babying a 12yr old in that world is dangerous, and probably cost Sophia her life. In that world everyone should know how to use guns, and other weapons, rather than thinking Rick or Shane alone will magically be able to protect everyone.

If Rick and Shane truly care about these people, weapon training, and walker killing training should be a top priority. It's not the same world where the police can protect everyone. They all have to be able to protect themselves, and each other. I just don't get these people, when there are so few living against so many walkers, they need to be like an army in some ways, everyone able to defend against the monsters. I can't comprehend the obsession over choosing a leader, and thinking that that one person is going to save them in a world where one little bite is all it takes to destroy a person. It makes me think they are all seriously deluded.

Last edited by detshen; 02-29-2012 at 11:27 PM..

Old 03-01-2012, 07:10 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,491,104 times
If everybody's infected then those two dudes Rick shot in the bar are probably walkers by now. Well, except for the fat guy, Rick shot him in the head, but not the other guy.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I know they had a couple lessons, but it should have been done much sooner with both Carl and Sophia, and Lori should have encouraged it, weapons should already be 100% natural to Carl by this point, I think he should at least be carrying a rifle while walking around alone, if that walker gets loose it will only be a coincedence that Carl happened to see that gun, truth is he should be so well versed in guns that he would be way over the childhood curiosity of finding a gun in a pack, he should already have his own weapons. Babying a 12yr old in that world is dangerous, and probably cost Sophia her life. In that world everyone should know how to use guns, and other weapons, rather than thinking Rick or Shane alone will magically be able to protect everyone.

If Rick and Shane truly care about these people, weapon training, and walker killing training should be a top priority. It's not the same world where the police can protect everyone. They all have to be able to protect themselves, and each other. I just don't get these people, when there are so few living against so many walkers, they need to be like an army in some ways, everyone able to defend against the monsters. I can't comprehend the obsession over choosing a leader, and thinking that that one person is going to save them in a world where one little bite is all it takes to destroy a person. It makes me think they are all seriously deluded.
Rick and Shane has spent time training people how to shoot....remember all the complaints about them wasting ammo. I gues you can't make everyone happy

Anyhow, there is no substitute for experience. Rick and Shane started the ZA as former LEOs while the rest was teachers, Vetrenarians, pizza boys etc. So the only way to really prepare these people in my opinion is get them out in the streets killing Walkers...remember Shane working with Andrea checking out that neighborhood. Carl out in the woods face to face with a waler stuck in the mud is a perfect chance for him to start getting some experience.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:45 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,787 times
Quote:
Basically, yes. In the books, everyone is infected, Rick right this minute is infected with the Zombie virus for example. In order for it to be activated, he needs to die...or be bitten. It's not really explained in the books either. Robert Kirkman is looking to create an on going series vs focusing on a virus and a cure. He also goes on to basically say ignore the highway scene.

FYI: the last episode of Season 2 will contain another flashback!

Honestly, the dreaded "highway scene" is actually pretty easy to explain. These people were trapped in their cars when they died. Zombie them would probably be unable to figure out how to work a car door (especially if the lock were engaged), much less a seatbelt. During summer.....near Atlanta. They cooked in their cars and their brains pretty much boiled up. Cars get HOW hot when left in the sun? Way over a hundred degrees, right? That's how they died without a gunshot.

Easy if you're willing to suspend disbelief. In a show about a zombie apocalypse. Where no one has shot Lori for being annoying......

Old 03-01-2012, 12:55 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Honestly, the dreaded "highway scene" is actually pretty easy to explain. These people were trapped in their cars when they died. Zombie them would probably be unable to figure out how to work a car door (especially if the lock were engaged), much less a seatbelt. During summer.....near Atlanta. They cooked in their cars and their brains pretty much boiled up. Cars get HOW hot when left in the sun? Way over a hundred degrees, right? That's how they died without a gunshot.

Easy if you're willing to suspend disbelief. In a show about a zombie apocalypse. Where no one has shot Lori for being annoying......
I dont know about that. Episode 1 season 1. The black guys wife knew how to work the door knob after she was a walker.

Episode 2 season 1. When rick met glenn, the zombies were chasing them up a ladder so they obviously knew how to climb up ladders and work door knobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV