Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 11:03 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times

Advertisements

There must have been a lot of editing done. There wasn't a hint that she was going to get a unanimous vote. Lots of conversation at camp that made it look like it could go another direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 11:08 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,597,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Why do these people get so dehydrated? Anyone who has watched the show should know better.
Ya that goes for a lot of things on this show - it's puzzling sometimes that such hard core fans can forget everything they ever learned from watching season after season of this stuff. So many things seem like a total surprise to some of these contestants. You'd also think some of the caretaker/mom style players would be looking out for that kind of thing (dehydration) but most everyone just looks after themselves.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:58 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,237,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There must have been a lot of editing done. There wasn't a hint that she was going to get a unanimous vote. Lots of conversation at camp that made it look like it could go another direction.
It sure didn't help Dawson's case by her taunting Player Jeff about baseball. As Host Jeff was snuffing out her torch, Dawson had the strangest look of anticipation on her face. I thought she was going to expose Player Jeff's baseball secret instead of planting one on Host Jeff...lol.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I deleted the episode, so didn't see the dramatic exit, anyone care to post what was said???

not what she said--what she DID!!! She,very eerily walked over to Jeff Probst,grabbed and hugged him. It was just weird......as in dodododododododododododo

Old 10-18-2012, 01:13 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
I thought it was a bit much for Jeff to keep calling out Katie as the weak link during the challenge
But thought it was very appropriate that he mentioned at least a couple times that Abi has sat out so many challenges.
Denise is 41 (looks older to me), Jeff is 44 and lisa W. is 49 and they play as hard as some much younger players.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:27 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I thought it was a bit much for Jeff to keep calling out Katie as the weak link during the challenge
But thought it was very appropriate that he mentioned at least a couple times that Abi has sat out so many challenges.
Denise is 41 (looks older to me), Jeff is 44 and lisa W. is 49 and they play as hard as some much younger players.
Whoa! I thought Denise was at least 51, probably 61!!!!! Holy cow! She must be from a state that has lots of sunshine and loves to be out in it.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:29 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,222,724 times
The Malcolm episode or what?

Awhile back in an interview when Malcolm was discussing Russell he was saying that he taught them alot that he learned from previous experience like keeping a fire going in the rain.

So here is Malcolm making fire after their tribal switch in his new tribe.

But at the other tribe they are freezing in the rain. Not only that but no one seemed to be REALLY trying to get Dana warm. No front to back snuggling etc. Had Dana been able to get warm, she wouldn't have felt so bad and maybe would have been able to turn it around. Although throwing up and who knows what other fluid loss makes it hard to rehydrate I didnt see anyone sitting next to her with a cup of water.

Did Penner not learn how to keep a fire going in the rain like Russell? Or didn't they have flint like the other tribe? I'm just not sure they were doing their utmost to get Dana well, and while a sick person isn't much in challenges, it sure helps with the numbers. Heck, they could have voted her out and still been up one.

Other than that I thought this episode was a little boring. They sure seem to have dropped Skulpin onto the editing floor. Winner's edit would be Malcolm, Denise, Penner, maybe Kent although Malcolm and Denise are of course going to get a lot of screen time this episode because of being the last 2 of their tribe.................

Old 10-18-2012, 03:30 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,597,475 times
Quote:
Whoa! I thought Denise was at least 51, probably 61!!!!! Holy cow! She must be from a state that has lots of sunshine and loves to be out in it.
Denise the sex therapist from the team of two that just merged? I would have bet on her being in her 50s also. Agreed she must have spent a lot of time in the sun - maybe also a smoker and just bad genes.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:30 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,222,724 times
Quote:
Skinny people do tend to look older and since she was small to begin with I think the weight she has lost is making her look old. Wait till the last show at the end when they are all plumped back up, I bet she looks good.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:39 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,548,159 times
It would be hard to watch yourself looking like such cr*p on this show when you get back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV