Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2012, 06:21 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Dana Lambert: I think that they knew. I think that they were pretty surprised that that was the decision, because honestly, I passed out. [Jonathan Penner] pretty much saved my life on the way to one of the challenges. I literally passed out and almost fell out of the boat. So they knew exactly how bad I was and I think we were all pretty surprised that that was left up to me, but they also knew that -- I mean, I don't know, but I would say that they probably would've made the same decision -- maybe not.
I always thought they walked to the challenges I guess it never entered my mind they boat them around the islands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 06:15 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,149,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
The lady that went home sick really seemed to just give up. The medics said she was not bad enough to deem being sent off the island for medical reasons. She just seemed like she was done playing Survivor.
The medics said that it wasn't yet at the point of being life-threatening. And they'd check in 12 hours to see if her life was in threat then.

Call me nuts, but I'd quit before I reached that point, too.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:24 AM

40 posts, read 35,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
The medics said that it wasn't yet at the point of being life-threatening. And they'd check in 12 hours to see if her life was in threat then.

Call me nuts, but I'd quit before I reached that point, too.
I would have quit to. The medics can make mistakes and I only live once. No doctor really knows how you feel. She looked like she was in so much pain, rolling on the floor. If she was acting she deserves an Oscar but I highly doubt she was. I have been in her situation (throwing up, dehydrated, rolling on the floor, with blackouts) and at that moment your survival instinct is stronger than any logical thought. 4 days in the hospital? that is crazy. This show is gonna get sued somedy.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave Maria View Post
I would have quit to. The medics can make mistakes and I only live once. No doctor really knows how you feel. She looked like she was in so much pain, rolling on the floor. If she was acting she deserves an Oscar but I highly doubt she was. I have been in her situation (throwing up, dehydrated, rolling on the floor, with blackouts) and at that moment your survival instinct is stronger than any logical thought. 4 days in the hospital? that is crazy. This show is gonna get sued somedy.
When I had those symptoms, I was wheeled into the OR from the ER! It was appendicitis.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave Maria View Post
This show is gonna get sued somedy.
Why? Everybody knows what they are signing up for before they leave America and I am sure they sign waivers not to hold Survivor responsible for any accidents or illnesses too.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:48 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Why? Everybody knows what they are signing up for before they leave America and I am sure they sign waivers not to hold Survivor responsible for any accidents or illnesses too.

they sign a stack of waivers. I was just talking to a friend last week about this very thing. Her niece was on a couple seasons back and she was telling me a lot of the behind the scenes,getting ready to go on the show facts.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:25 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times
I agree with Dana for leaving. I don't like the way Jeff made her out to look like a quiter. At least I think he did. No one knows how much pain another person is feeling. And we really can't say for how long she was hurting. Under the circumstances on an island away from hospitals or good medical facilities and not knowing just what could be wrong, it's better to err on the side of caution than wait awhile to see what develops.

She could have had a ruptured appendix. It could have been indigestion. Who knows? Dying or taking the chance of being really ill isn't worth staying to compete for any amount of money. And there is always the chance she will get the opportunity to compete again like the three others did.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I agree with Dana for leaving. I don't like the way Jeff made her out to look like a quiter. At least I think he did. No one knows how much pain another person is feeling. And we really can't say for how long she was hurting. Under the circumstances on an island away from hospitals or good medical facilities and not knowing just what could be wrong, it's better to err on the side of caution than wait awhile to see what develops.

She could have had a ruptured appendix. It could have been indigestion. Who knows? Dying or taking the chance of being really ill isn't worth staying to compete for any amount of money. And there is always the chance she will get the opportunity to compete again like the three others did.

I like Probst ok but he comes off as a cocky SOB sometimes. He hasn't played the game so he has no idea;even though he thinks he does.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
they sign a stack of waivers. I was just talking to a friend last week about this very thing. Her niece was on a couple seasons back and she was telling me a lot of the behind the scenes,getting ready to go on the show facts.
And you're not going to share with your dear fellow Survivor fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I like Probst ok but he comes off as a cocky SOB sometimes. He hasn't played the game so he has no idea;even though he thinks he does.
Blaspheme I say! I do think Dimples should have competed one season just to see what they all go through. Make it so he couldn't win but stay in to feel the starvation & thirst, feel the body pains and the stress getting along with all the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

They would have air lifted her out if need be instead of taking her by boat I'm sure. You're correct we all do know our bodies better than anybody else. I'm not downing her because she left maybe she'll come back when Colton returns.

Spoiler
Ducking out of here before tami sees that last sentence.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
And you're not going to share with your dear fellow Survivor fans?

Blaspheme I say! I do think Dimples should have competed one season just to see what they all go through. Make it so he couldn't win but stay in to feel the starvation & thirst, feel the body pains and the stress getting along with all the others.

They would have air lifted her out if need be instead of taking her by boat I'm sure. You're correct we all do know our bodies better than anybody else. I'm not downing her because she left maybe she'll come back when Colton returns.

Spoiler
Ducking out of here before tami sees that last sentence.
uh uh..........heck no because Mark Burnett has more money than I will ever see so no I'm not gonna reveal anything that might,in anyway, be part of what is covered in his waivers. All I'll say is the contestants get a boat load of vaccinations even before they are assured they have a spot on the show. The earlier ones eliminated (at least her neice's season) were put up in a very nice resort to wait out their time in hiding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV