Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2012, 04:30 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I like Player Lisa too. She always has a smile on her face....even in the mud competition, lol.
She wasn't afraid of getting dirty either! The determined look on her face is what I like. She is really determined to play her best game no matter what. I think the team is really appreciating that. Remember in the beginning they didn't seem to like her and thought she was just going off by herself to look for the idol?

I think they have a higher opinion of her now. The problem now is, sometimes the very nice people get voted off because if they are too nice, everyone sees their niceness as a threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 10:02 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,485,615 times
Yes, in past seasons a team could not sit out the same person 2 times in a row, so I don't know what is happening there.

The challenges just seem the same year after year. You would think they could come up with something different.

I never thought about it before, but the person that said that Johnathan sounds like Alan Alda is right.

I also cannot believe that their aren't bananas, or cocnuts, mangoes, something. Yes, one season they had locals come teach the teams about wild edibles and how to find them.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:37 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,302 times
Jeff did explain the sitting out rules to a Dalton Ross question a few weeks back. The tribes are given the rules in detail before each challenge and early on when it was immunity/reward those rules were relaxed. Only when a recent challenge required a balanced attack was any rule of who and how many could be sat out (one male one female). With the merge on the horizon it won't matter anyways..

Old 10-26-2012, 08:52 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,934 times
I think the three tribe split is a bad idea. It makes the tribes too small too quickly, so the dynamic is changed. It's like being at the jury already when you have a ton of people left to go yet. I do like Lisa but they hardly show her. It's the Penner show and he's not all that interesting.

I've never seen such a bunch of quitters. Jeff should have made them sit there for hours rather than give them an out - though clearly he was trying to get the yawn-fest over with. Super lame. Anyhoo, it's a poor group if you ask me. Even that chick that left in essence quit. Granted it's not easy but come on, you know what you're signing up for at this point. Deal with it and give it your all.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:28 AM

146 posts, read 358,620 times
I like the three smaller tribes, makes it more intense right off the bat. When you have 8 (or whatever) people to pick from to vote out, who cares? When there's only two or three it's much better to watch.

I think I remember reading that they can't sit out two back-to-back challenges that air in the same episode. So you can sit out back to back if they air in different weeks.

Really surprised that Jeff K's and Lisa's former lives have not come up yet. Dawson was kind in not blowing up Jeff's spot as she was voted out...I probably would have brought it up on the day I thought I might be going just to save my own butt.

Looks like we could have a tribe mixup or beach swapping next week. I hope it's not the merge, too early yet.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:38 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
I'm thinking it will be the merge because both tribes were down to only a couple of days of rice. I could be wrong.

With 3 tribes the uncontrollable downward spiral happens to quickly, weakest team keeps losing so it is just picked off one by one. To predictable and boring I think.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:01 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,237,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post

I never thought about it before, but the person that said that Johnathan sounds like Alan Alda is right.

Player Johnathan Penner always reminds me of Al Bundy of Married with Children Show/Jay of Modern Family Show.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:33 PM

5,225 posts, read 6,150,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Was anyone else disappointed that they didn't completely mix the tribes and instead just split Malcolm and Denise up? I thought for sure they would completely mix them because otherwise, Malcolm and Denise could be an easy vote off right away.
As everyone has said....it is getting terribly boring and predictable.

When they split the two up (Malcolm and Denise) they should of had each of them in turn pick two members from their new tribe to switch out to the opposing team.

I think right about now if they want this reality show to roll a few more years they need to get a survey group together of serious Survivor watchers together to help with the show.

Bottom line these people on the show are nothing more than chess pieces that the director should be able to manipulate to make the show more entertaining and to change the obvious........most players now hang out and just wait for the challenges.

Maybe it was not to overly entertaining.....but when they had to work on building shelter it starting showing everyone's personality traits.

Remember the objections over the Rufus basement hut

Old 10-26-2012, 12:51 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,927 times
Penner sounds exactly like Alan Alda.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:06 PM

3,985 posts, read 5,016,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
Penner sounds exactly like Alan Alda.
It seems strange to me, too, that the other tribers haven't picked up on Jeff and Lisa's fame, but they only seem to think of Jonathan Penner and a "previous player"...not an actor in Hollywood. True that he's mostly a writer nowadays, but if you watch Down Periscope with Kelsey Grammer, you know Jonathan Penner (love that movie - silly and fun).

Anyway, he DOES sound like Alan Alda...don't know if I would've come up with that on my own. I like him and I'm thrilled they didn't blindside him. There will be time for that later!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV