Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 07:17 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
uh uh..........heck no because Mark Burnett has more money than I will ever see so no I'm not gonna reveal anything that might,in anyway, be part of what is covered in his waivers. All I'll say is the contestants get a boat load of vaccinations even before they are assured they have a spot on the show. The earlier ones eliminated (at least her neice's season) were put up in a very nice resort to wait out their time in hiding.
Oh I wouldn't want you to reveal those kinds of things either! I meant like what did she do preparing to go there besides the shots. Do they have a list of what types of bathing suits to bring like we've wondered for years? Do they still get to bring one personal item? Remember in the early seasons Colby brought a flag of Texas wasn't it? Somebody brought a troll doll stuff like that. Does she get to go to Survivor function now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,802,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Oh I wouldn't want you to reveal those kinds of things either! I meant like what did she do preparing to go there besides the shots. Do they have a list of what types of bathing suits to bring like we've wondered for years? Do they still get to bring one personal item? Remember in the early seasons Colby brought a flag of Texas wasn't it? Somebody brought a troll doll stuff like that. Does she get to go to Survivor function now?

I'll call Stef back or email and ask her those questions---just for you!!

Oh she did also say her neice is very tough and competetive and had worked on putting on pounds weeks before just in case she did get selected. I get the impression you're on stand by in case they call you and that you go THEN! You would think me being such a fan that I would have asked her more questions but I didn't!!! LOL....we were talking about other things.
Anyway she said -the obvious-that her neice had lost a lot of weight,said being there was the hardest thing she had ever done. She would never do it again and the food situation is awful.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I'll call Stef back or email and ask her those questions---just for you!!

Oh she did also say her neice is very tough and competetive and had worked on putting on pounds weeks before just in case she did get selected. I get the impression you're on stand by in case they call you and that you go THEN! You would think me being such a fan that I would have asked her more questions but I didn't!!! LOL....we were talking about other things.
Anyway she said -the obvious-that her neice had lost a lot of weight,said being there was the hardest thing she had ever done. She would never do it again and the food situation is awful.
Why thank you very much Pip! I do wonder about them getting ready then while out there what we don't see. If I were younger I really, really, really would have liked to go on Survivor. Both my kids would do a decent try on it now but they aren't as big of fans as ole mom.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:28 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,237,650 times
Ok was anyone else creeped out by Dawsons seductive look on Jeff at the end haha oh wow! classy

Poor Dana I felt so bad for her, not a good way to leave thats for sure

Old 10-20-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Why thank you very much Pip! I do wonder about them getting ready then while out there what we don't see. If I were younger I really, really, really would have liked to go on Survivor. Both my kids would do a decent try on it now but they aren't as big of fans as ole mom.

I wanna do Amazing Race but there are some things I just would not do!!! So no point in even trying out.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:11 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Awhile back I applied to Survivor and this is part of the process to go through to get on the show. There were too many things to sign that I didn't agree to so I took myself off the application list.

Auditioning process for Survivor:
CBS Survivor Auditions - Casting Process for Survivor

Once selected you go through a myraid of interviews, tons of paperwork/waivers, in esscence giving up your whole life for CBS. Background checks, medical records and checks, tax records, various waivers releasing CBS from lawsuits and any liabilities. You swear not to tell anything about the process, results etc. It's almost a nightmare the things you have to do and give up.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Awhile back I applied to Survivor and this is part of the process to go through to get on the show. There were too many things to sign that I didn't agree to so I took myself off the application list.

Once selected you go through a myraid of interviews, tons of paperwork/waivers, in esscence giving up your whole life for CBS. Background checks, medical records and checks, tax records, various waivers releasing CBS from lawsuits and any liabilities. You swear not to tell anything about the process, results etc. It's almost a nightmare the things you have to do and give up.

don't blame you for not continuing. No one needs that much background information on me for a tv show,

Old 10-21-2012, 02:22 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,464,536 times
Quote:

I can understand all those things except for tax records. Maybe that's because of Richard Hatch and the jail time he spent for not paying taxes on his winnings.

I guess they figure that if people are willing to go through all that red tape, they are really sincere about wanting to be on the show. I mean we are talking about a million dollars here folks. And if someone screws up, they can ruin an entire season not to mention the sponors advertisements and so forth. I can see the justification.

Now having said all that, would I do it if I were physically able? Heck no. Not in a millinon years. Not for a million bucks. But I can understand putting people through strict rules and that people are willing to go through those rules.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:

That is an awful lot to go through now I'm wondering how half the folks that have been on even passed! I have noticed through the years nobody wrote a book on their adventure whether good or bad.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:02 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,237,650 times
I wonder if you are allowed to write a book on your journey through a reality show like this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV