Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 AM

7,383 posts, read 12,677,822 times

Advertisements

Ricon is still there, he was sitting in the background. And the Red Wedding...no spoilers, please!

The boy and girl are very important in the books, more so in vol.5, but who knows if their background will be explained in the TV show? We did hear that their father was Ned Stark's bannerman, so they're from a loyal family. In the books we hear they belong to a family/group of people in the north that's not very powerful, but have ancient ties to the land and the old weirwood religion.

I also read the books after watching Season 2! A "Come to GoT" moment! But I can't keep track of all the storylines, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 10:33 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,547,614 times
Ricon is kind of "out of sight" in the first five books also. Although with all the dangerous adventures of the other Stark children (and basturd) maybe he will be the last one standing (if and when more books are published).

Old 04-18-2013, 02:30 PM

45,426 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cislga View Post
If Robb is already married...what are they going to do with The Red Wedding?? Wasn't his marriage the reason they went to Frey's??

Also, the boy and girl who showed up to help Bran, will they go into where their from?? Where has Ricon gone? It seems he was just dropped?

I read the books after watching season 2. I know I have confused or forgotten some of the storyline.
The boy and girl with Bran were with him escaping from Winterfell in the books. Rickon goes away with the wilding woman to another sanctuary.

The Starks go to the Frey's for the marriage of Catelyn's brother to one of the Frey grandaughters.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:10 PM

541 posts, read 1,145,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The boy and girl with Bran were with him escaping from Winterfell in the books. Rickon goes away with the wilding woman to another sanctuary.

The Starks go to the Frey's for the marriage of Catelyn's brother to one of the Frey grandaughters.
OK, it's coming back now. What about the 2 boys that were at Winterfell, that were Frey's. Are they in TV series?

Old 04-18-2013, 04:01 PM

45,426 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cislga View Post
OK, it's coming back now. What about the 2 boys that were at Winterfell, that were Frey's. Are they in TV series?
I don't know, I think so at the end of last season. They'll likely pop back up with Ramsey (Snow) Bolton. He is too good of a character to be merged with someone else or eliminated from the narrative entirely.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:31 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,592,557 times
I've just started reading book 3 again so I can remember all that is going on. Not far into it yet, and able to skip a lot as I remember what is going on, but sure does help. Also reminds me of how much the TV show has to skip vs the books.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:05 PM

Remember that all the books have a cast of characters list in the back. They do contain some spoilers, so beware, but the lists in books #1 and 2 are good sources of who's who in Season 3 (except of course the TV version also creates new characters!)

Old 04-20-2013, 10:51 PM

I've been humming this song for days, so I did a search, and there it was, on YouTube! I thought I'd share it here. What a great and moving song...

"The Rains of Castamere" with lyrics:

Game of Thrones - The Rains of Castamere - Full version HD W/ LYRICS -

Old 04-21-2013, 10:15 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,560 times
Dragon Queen takes Slave King ! Checkmate

Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,736,593 times
Oooh.. I absolutely love Dany... she's the true queen, IMO, and even more deserving because everything she's accomplished so far, she did it through sheer grit and determination (and some slick thinking too!). Last night's episode proved that she could be really crafty when needed. I have high hopes for her...

I'm already tired of the Wildling storyline. Last night delivered one of the best lines: "You are a bastard, a daughter f**king wildling bastard!" then wham..! the killing started.

Poor Sensei.. she's so naive... she has no chance against Marjorie's or Little Finger's machinations for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV