Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2014, 08:26 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,502,256 times

Advertisements

[quote=Sawdustmaker;33532557]There's a screen saver option that floats random words across the screen. Kyle's a moron.

To be honest, there was no great "definition" of why a gold ring (as Brandi put it) would go with a blue necklace. Kyle should have given it to Carlton herself (could have sent it to her) to avoid the BS, or just held on to it, or tossed it. I could understand the confusion and why Lisa kept saying, "it's a peace offering". But Kyle, Brandi & Yo sure seem to have it out for Lisa right now. Because none of those 3 EVER "stir the pot".

But this is what the necklace looks like: Crowned Skull Necklace | Alene Too

Can't wait to see Kim overreact AGAIN next week.

Yo should have let Gigi have a piece of her own cake! She's 18. She's not going to pack on 5 pounds from one piece of cake. I wonder how much Gigi is going to love living in NYC away from her mother. She might be able to eat more than two almonds without Yo running after her with a bushel of lemons screaming, "Master cleanse! Master cleanse!"[/quote]

Oh gosh, that bothered me so much. I understand the issue having known people in the business, but Gigi is very young and has a young person's metabolism. I love Yo, but please Yo! Don't send her down that path!

Old 02-18-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Thanks for posting the picture of the necklace. Now I understand the whole 'crown doesn't go with a blue necklace' comments. To me $152.00 is a lot of money and then to give it to someone you don't like!

LMAO about the master cleanse. If I was Gigi I would be running around New York eating everything Mama Yo wouldn't let me eat. I wonder if she hates lemons now?
I can see her, the second she steps off the plane, buying a big old slice of NYC pizza and gobbling it down!

Old 02-19-2014, 07:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Aw! I was getting teary eyed during Gigi's going away party speeches. A child leaving home is always heartbreaking. But I thought it was funny when Gigi said I'm not dying, I'm just going away to college.

They are purposely nitpicking at little things about Lisa just to cause drama. I bet it's all scripted by Bravo.
I definitely got teary eyed over their speeches. My son just left for college last year and I thought I'd NEVER live through it. (I find one bounces back fairly quickly). Anyway, he said the same thing to me. "Mom, I'm not dying; I'm just going to college'.

Still, I found the whole thing quite touching and Gigi certainly did a good job. Yolo must have done something right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
There's a screen saver option that floats random words across the screen. Kyle's a moron.

To be honest, there was no great "definition" of why a gold ring (as Brandi put it) would go with a blue necklace. Kyle should have given it to Carlton herself (could have sent it to her) to avoid the BS, or just held on to it, or tossed it. I could understand the confusion and why Lisa kept saying, "it's a peace offering". But Kyle, Brandi & Yo sure seem to have it out for Lisa right now. Because none of those 3 EVER "stir the pot".

Yo should have let Gigi have a piece of her own cake! She's 18. She's not going to pack on 5 pounds from one piece of cake. I wonder how much Gigi is going to love living in NYC away from her mother. She might be able to eat more than two almonds without Yo running after her with a bushel of lemons screaming, "Master cleanse! Master cleanse!"
Ha-ha; that cracked me up. I agree 100%. I was shocked when Yo didn't want her to have a piece of her own graduation cake ~ at her own graduation party! THAT is over the top!

Yo certainly seems very, very disciplined when it comes to her own eating/starvation.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:49 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
There's a screen saver option that floats random words across the screen. Kyle's a moron.

Yo should have let Gigi have a piece of her own cake! She's 18. She's not going to pack on 5 pounds from one piece of cake. I wonder how much Gigi is going to love living in NYC away from her mother. She might be able to eat more than two almonds without Yo running after her with a bushel of lemons screaming, "Master cleanse! Master cleanse!"
The only one stirring the poo pot was Kyle. What was her point in giving the "crown" to Brandi to give to Carlton? Why was it so important that Carlton have it? Lisa was way off base inserting her nose into the entire affair. Lisa really needs to step back. Peace offering … ha.

And no kidding … let Gigi have some cake!!!

Old 02-19-2014, 12:46 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,944 times
YES, the Gigi's cake situation really, really affected me too!! Beautiful cake, BEAUTIFUL celebration (home, wonderful food, etc.) - but this "DO NOT EAT cake" that Yolanda is telling Gigi is going to have long-lasting repercussions on her daughter. Gigi seems very sweet, kind & gracious & did a beautiful thank you speech to her parents, even David. Wonderful young lady. Yolanda was truly a bit scary to me with the way that she gingerly cut a tiny piece of cake and gave herself a tiny piece and her daughter a tiny piece - it was truly like someone who has some sort of eating disorder. I agree, Gigi DOES have the metabolism of a teen-ager (as she is one), and eating a piece of cake, especially on HER special day, should be totally fine! To be truthful, my SIL, who is in her 50's has always eaten cake & other sweets (as she is a terrific baker), and she is slim. She remains slim because she exercises 5 times a week - several hours per day. I really think that a person can partake of an indulgence once in a while without this "fear" being planted in their head, especially someone as young and impressionable as Gigi.

Mohammad & Yolanda seem to be very good parents to their children - very nice to see.

David Foster - rubs me the wrong way....there is something about him that is off-putting. I am not saying that he is a bad person, but there is something about him that raises some red flags. I don't know.

Lisa - DOES indeed get involved in everything. As much as I despised Brandi last season because of the bombshell she dropped regarding Adrienne's kids, I am now seeing that perhaps that was all part of Lisa's plan to dispose of Adrienne. I give Lisa credit for her hard work (not taking that away from her), but I am agreeing with Brandi that Lisa most likely used her to do her dirty work for her. It is all making sense now, as Brandi has said. Lisa standing there telling Carlton to give back the ring, etc. was TOTALLY UNCALLED for as she had NOTHING to do with that whatsoever. She apparently thinks it is her job to tell people what to do whether they are her employees or her friends. Pretty unbelievable.

I actually enjoyed this past episode. I liked seeing Mohammad's AMAZING home!! WOW!! I really liked seeing the beautiful herb & vegetable gardens, enjoyed seeing him cook, preparing the chicken dish with fresh herbs. Nice reception for Gigi.

Sorry to hear of the passing of Joyce's father.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:42 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,090,460 times
Gigi was indeed a wonderful and gracious hostess Let her eat cake I too am wondering if Yolanda has an eating disorder and needs to be careful not instilling it in her daughter. It appears that all of Mohamed's staff are also a part of the family which is really nice to see.

All Kyle does is stir the pot. She screams about high school behavior and then she starts it all Brandi was stupid enough to be the messenger. And how many more times can she discuss the reconciliation with Lisa Freaking let it go

I can see where Lisa is in people's business but I just think that she calls it as she see's it. It didn't make any sense for Kyle to give a ring to Carlton either If it bothered Kyle so much, just donate the ring or give it to Brandi since she wanted it.

I am not a Wicca expert but I don't think that they believe in having negative energy bounce back at those that that wish harm on them at twice the ferocity. Like others have said, she should have no issues with Kyle then Maybe she needs to have a larger crystal in her bosom

Kim looks like she forgot to take her meds next week

Old 02-20-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Gigi was indeed a wonderful and gracious hostess Let her eat cake I too am wondering if Yolanda has an eating disorder and needs to be careful not instilling it in her daughter. It appears that all of Mohamed's staff are also a part of the family which is really nice to see.

All Kyle does is stir the pot. She screams about high school behavior and then she starts it all Brandi was stupid enough to be the messenger. And how many more times can she discuss the reconciliation with Lisa Freaking let it go

I can see where Lisa is in people's business but I just think that she calls it as she see's it. It didn't make any sense for Kyle to give a ring to Carlton either If it bothered Kyle so much, just donate the ring or give it to Brandi since she wanted it.

I am not a Wicca expert but I don't think that they believe in having negative energy bounce back at those that that wish harm on them at twice the ferocity. Like others have said, she should have no issues with Kyle then Maybe she needs to have a larger crystal in her bosom

Kim looks like she forgot to take her meds next week
I'm going to ask a couple of friends, because that didn't sound right to me either. Maybe the crystal keeps the negative energy away, but the bouncing back doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard. Having said that, in Yolonda's interviews, is she wearing an evil eye necklace? Check it out next time. I can't catch whether it is or not, but if it is then I have two possible answers, given that the interviews are done after the filming. 1. Carlton got to her and she's taken up some of her spirituality. 2. Things got so out of whack during filming she got scared!!

Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,522 times
Gigi made the Sports Illustrated Swim Suit Edition. She may end up more rich and famous than any of the housewives. She looks good in the photos and should be able to eat all the cake she wants. She is only 18 so hopefully this is not all too much, too soon for her.

Gigi Hadid in Sports Illustrated, Boyfriend Cody Simpson "So Proud" - Us Weekly

Old 02-24-2014, 09:02 PM

7,370 posts, read 5,484,723 times
I'm not a fan of Lisa's but tonight's epi was so juvenile. Four women and Mauritzio ganging up on one woman. I don't care what she did or didn't do, it should have been between Kyle and Lisa, not everyone else.

I had to agree with Lisa when she said she always defended Brandi, she did, and then Brandi turns on her.

I always say this but...all this could be scripted by Bravo.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:17 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,730,371 times
Tonight's episode was a disgrace. The way they all ganged up on Lisa and then Kim getting so rude and nasty with Ken! Kim ONLY picks on him because she knows he's too much of a gentleman to tell her off like she needs to be told off!!!

I am disappointed in Brandi.

I'm not surprised that Kyle just sat there, putting her hands over her eyes.

I loved the way Ken told Mauricio on the way out " you know.... YOU know...." Hmmm..... I wonder if Ken meant that Mauricio is cheating and he knows about it?

Lisa was very upset..... I don't think I've ever seen either of them smoke before!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV