Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 01:11 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,730,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
I don't know if people know this nationally, but there was a case of an ordinary student being secretly filmed in his shared dorm by his roommate having sex. You get stuck with any rando who may invite a parade of people in, leave the door open while they go off, brings drugs in and even stash them where you can be accused, or your roommate may have mental health issues. Dorms roommates are not checked for ANYTHING other than their ability to pay tuition and are a stupid risk in this day and age. She'll be a million times better off in her own place she can control.
Exactly. When you enter into a dorm situation, you have no idea who or what you're getting stuck with.

I remember the case of the young man whose scummy dorm room-mate filmed him and his boyfriend kissing and then posted it on the internet. The young man hadn't "come out" yet and this devastated him and he committed suicide by jumping off the GW Bridge (I believe that's the bridge; it doesn't really matter what bridge)

Not to mention theft which is rampant in college dorms and, like you said, some room mate who will bring in drugs and stash them under your bed or behind your dresser or desk where, if found, you would be charged with possession.

I would never put my daughter in a dorm situation. Thankfully, I'm not going to have to.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:23 PM

Someone else mentioned that Gigi will be "alienated" by her peers for not living in a dorm. What?!?!? Not everyone lives in the dorms. What about people who live close to the college? They certainly don't live in the dorms. What about people who are working a full-time job when they go to college? Most of them aren't going to be living in a dorm.

Just because someone doesn't want to live in the dorms doesn't mean they're not going to have friends or be "alienated" by their peers at their school. That is a ridiculous notion.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:28 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,239,928 times
Wow, shocked at all the posts about Gigi and her and Yolanda's choice of digs. If you were in her position, what would you choose? I think she chose what is right for her, and I'd do the same if I could for my daughter. This world is too full of wackos, and she'll be safer, imo. I give her kudos for going at all, when she's already able to rake in big bucks with her career. She's a smart and well grounded young lady. For having been raised rich, I see no snobbery or entitlement. Her 3 parents did good.

Lisa: I swear I heard her say she saw the mags, then said she didn't. This is a molehill made into a mountain either way. I like Lisa, but do believe she used Brandi as her bulldog/instigator. Brandi almost swooned around her and it would be easy to get her to do her bidding. Brandi feels used and is hurt. I think she also regrets things she did or said for Lisa. Anyway you look at it, Lisa was dead wrong for throwing Schena <sp> in her face. THAT was done to get us to watch her other show, period. No true friend is going to have that skank around, when she has tons of other servers. No friend is going to push you to talk to the woman who had an affair with your hubby.

Lisa threw those two together for HER show, and didn't care how much it hurt Brandi. Give me one good reason for them to have a talk. And what happened? Schena bragged about places he took her and things he bought her. No ex-wife should have to go through that with the mistress. I'd never do that to a friend, never! And yes, Kim's ex is hot!

Old 03-05-2014, 02:39 PM

Did anyone catch Brandi talking about Cedric? She said to someone "look at what she did to Cedric. She wanted him gone and now no one sees him anymore. He might not be in the country anymore" or something like that. Well, first, Lisa and Ken paid for Cedric's visa to bring him here, purportedly to work for them. If you are bringing someone here on a visa and you are listed as that person's employer, you have to notify Immigration if that person is no longer working for you. If his visa expired, he would have to leave the country. I don't think he'd be able to renew a work visa if he's not working (and he didn't have a regular job, remember? He was trying to be an actor/model.)

Old 03-05-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Amisi... I'll have to tell my bestie that until we share a closet sized room, we cant truly be good friends.

LOL!!!!! Absolutely!! If you guys can't share a teeny living space, there's no way you can truly be friends.... you may even be alienated from the rest of your group as well as from one another!!! Come on! Get those bunk beds up and put all your belongings in Rubbermaid boxes!!!! Oh, and be sure to get a "shower caddy" to carry back and forth to the bathroom!

Old 03-05-2014, 03:25 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Did anyone catch Brandi talking about Cedric? She said to someone "look at what she did to Cedric. She wanted him gone and now no one sees him anymore. He might not be in the country anymore" or something like that. Well, first, Lisa and Ken paid for Cedric's visa to bring him here, purportedly to work for them. If you are bringing someone here on a visa and you are listed as that person's employer, you have to notify Immigration if that person is no longer working for you. If his visa expired, he would have to leave the country. I don't think he'd be able to renew a work visa if he's not working (and he didn't have a regular job, remember? He was trying to be an actor/model.)
The fact is, Brandi has low self-esteem and Lisa preys on people with low self-esteem. She finds people who are emotionally vulnerable in some way and swoops in for the kill. All Lisa wants is to control - she doesn't actually CARE about anyone else's well-being.

Lisa doesn't befriend healthy, stable people, because that type of person has boundaries that they won't let her cross.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:41 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
The fact is, Brandi has low self-esteem and Lisa preys on people with low self-esteem. She finds people who are emotionally vulnerable in some way and swoops in for the kill. All Lisa wants is to control - she doesn't actually CARE about anyone else's well-being.

Lisa doesn't befriend healthy, stable people, because that type of person has boundaries that they won't let her cross.

Lisa and Ken seem to have a large group of friends so I doubt she only preys on imbeciles like Brandi.

Lisa seems,to me, like a very nice and caring person. So much so that she (Lisa) gets taken advantage of.
Brandi is the user and seems to purposely befriend the wealthy; much like Cedric does.
Also Brandi is a grown woman and as such she is responsible for what she says, no matter who put ideas in her head.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:43 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Well, I may be a minority in my opinions about how this played out w/ Lisa in Puerto Rico. But, I thought bringing this up among a group was tacky....And I do think they ganged up on Lisa.

This seems to be the norm on the show..No one ever goes to the person they have an issue with and just sits down and talk...they act like teenagers. But, I guess it improves the drama and ratings.

And, I adore Yolanda...but she was out of line...This was not her business. I didn't like the way she talked to Ken at all.

Also...I don't think Lisa is that bad...I still remember all the mean things Kyle and Kim pull...And, if not for Lisa...I don't think Brandi would even be in the positive position she is on the show. I just think it all went down wrong.

And....Brandi certainly shot herself in the foot...Lisa was her friend....Other than Yolanda, the others have never been.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:20 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Lisa and Ken seem to have a large group of friends so I doubt she only preys on imbeciles like Brandi.

Lisa seems,to me, like a very nice and caring person. So much so that she (Lisa) gets taken advantage of.
Brandi is the user and seems to purposely befriend the wealthy; much like Cedric does.
Also Brandi is a grown woman and as such she is responsible for what she says, no matter who put ideas in her head.
Lisa likes to think of herself as a nice and caring person, which is why she plays the victim so well. Notice that she'll do something sneaky, strategic and heinous, and then turn around and act like she's being attacked when others call her out on her BS.

An authentic, nice, caring person is someone who makes themselves vulnerable to others, and does so without a hidden agenda or motive. With Lisa, all I see is hidden agenda. She just wants to be on top, and being surrounded by vulnerable, even honest people enables her to do that because they will give her the benefit of the doubt and let her win.

I think that Lisa is a really insecure person who controls others to make herself feel secure. But she's never learned to actually be real and relate to others in an honest, mutual way. All she knows is games.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:33 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
new school's housing looks pretty nice … funny how some view dorm life as a glorified prison:

Student Housing and Residence Life | The New School in New York City

It does look like their libraries aren't open terribly late, but in the Village. Plus, do you really think Gigi will be gracing a library???? …

New School Libraries & Archives :: Hours & Locations

And I agree regarding Lisa … she tends to find broken people and try to fix them only to be burned (Cedric and now Brandi).

Last edited by domergurl; 03-06-2014 at 06:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV