Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 04:26 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I know the answers to your questions, since I've read the books. If you really want to know, ask me to send you a personal message. Otherwise, I'll just grin evilly and keep quiet. Though I will mention that in the book, Claire does not go hopping through the stones five minutes after hearing that Jamie survived. Bree and Roger did more research about Jamie's post-Culloden existence first; there were lots of flashbacks to Jamie's post-Culloden life; and Claire had to settle her affairs in Boston.
LOL...well then, evilly grin....and please take a lock, because I don't want to know, but (laughing) thanks for offering....I am tempted.

Gosh, I thought the next series would be the 3 of them jumping thru the stones....
what affairs in Boston? Geeze Louise, who cares, she just found out Jamie is still alive, "Go Girl!" LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 07:20 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Gosh, I thought the next series would be the 3 of them jumping thru the stones....
what affairs in Boston? Geeze Louise, who cares, she just found out Jamie is still alive, "Go Girl!" LOL
I agree! I hope they don't bore us with mundane details. Let's see the reunion!

Old 07-19-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
I agree! I hope they don't bore us with mundane details. Let's see the reunion!
yes, indeed.....

but, maybe just maybe there is much more to her affairs in Boston, that will meld with the story...
(I'm impatient)

Old 07-19-2016, 11:53 AM

794 posts, read 1,325,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, indeed.....

but, maybe just maybe there is much more to her affairs in Boston, that will meld with the story...
(I'm impatient)
Well, for one she has a job in Boston as a respected Dr/Surgeon. Presumably, they know she is off on holiday to Scotland with her daughter so people/authorities may wonder what happened to her if she doesn't come back as expected. She is being responsible. :-)

Based on the books, I don't think we'll have to worry about them drawing it out too much...maybe an episode or two, depending on how much backstory they share up front about Jamie's life during those 20 years.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:59 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
I'm thinking both Roger and Bri go with Claire. I mean, who could resist doing that?
If they heard the buzzing, then yeah!

Old 07-19-2016, 02:02 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_widget View Post
Well, for one she has a job in Boston as a respected Dr/Surgeon. Presumably, they know she is off on holiday to Scotland with her daughter so people/authorities may wonder what happened to her if she doesn't come back as expected. She is being responsible. :-)

Based on the books, I don't think we'll have to worry about them drawing it out too much...maybe an episode or two, depending on how much backstory they share up front about Jamie's life during those 20 years.
I would imagine she isn't planning on ever coming back, so she would need to wrap things up. I would want to go and live the rest of my life with Jamie.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:59 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,606,242 times
Exactly. Claire also wants to leave Brianna, who has yet to finish college; in good shape financially. Claire can't just fly home to Boston, snap her fingers, and magically tie up all the loose ends in her life and leave in a week. I assume that the show will accomplish that with Claire's voiceover and perhaps a voiceover with her friend Dr. Joe...

Old 07-20-2016, 01:37 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Ok here's my question... If Geillis jumped through and the Claire jumped in after her wouldn't she arrive pre Jamie timeframe? Because Geillis had been there awhile.

Great finale. It's killing me to wait for Season 3. May have to read the books now!

Old 07-20-2016, 01:56 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Ok here's my question... If Geillis jumped through and the Claire jumped in after her wouldn't she arrive pre Jamie timeframe? Because Geillis had been there awhile.

Great finale. It's killing me to wait for Season 3. May have to read the books now!
No, two people can leave at the same time and arrive at different times in the past.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
Exactly. Claire also wants to leave Brianna, who has yet to finish college; in good shape financially. Claire can't just fly home to Boston, snap her fingers, and magically tie up all the loose ends in her life and leave in a week. I assume that the show will accomplish that with Claire's voiceover and perhaps a voiceover with her friend Dr. Joe...
Dr. Joe? Wait, did I miss something? who is Dr. Joe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV