Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 12:36 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times

Advertisements

TY, yes I re-watched some and she feared before falling into an entirely different time and place instead of home. I guess the first time was easy for her to go as she could hear Frank.

But this time they did it oddly imo. Jamie had to stop her. She was going to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 05:37 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
skins_fan It was painful watching all those disgusting people spew their "accusations of witchcraft" against Claire and Geillis. Not to mention the angry mob that was out for blood from the start. Yuck.
I felt the same way, made me both sad and angry.....at the thought that people were so primitive in their way of thinking.

Can you imagine?

My son told me when he got off the plane in Afghanistan, it was like walking back into the Bible, so primitive in their culture....

we can be thankful, we know what we know and have what we have.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
No, she did not.
She stayed up there to think and choose.

Besides, going thru the Stones hurts.
It does?????? how so?

Old 04-21-2015, 07:04 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
TY, yes I re-watched some and she feared before falling into an entirely different time and place instead of home. I guess the first time was easy for her to go as she could hear Frank.

But this time they did it oddly imo. Jamie had to stop her. She was going to go.
I suppose it's not a spoiler to say that Jamie stopped her in the books because he saw her begin to fade out like she was disappearing into the stones. He did not hear the stones, but he saw her changing before his eyes and it scared him. For all his talk of believing whatever she told him, he was still skeptical about her story until that moment. Who would just automatically believe someone saying they came from the future? Most people would think the person was crazy. Easier to believe in witches.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:12 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It does?????? how so?

I will put it in spoiler quotes, but it's not that bad of a spoiler. I am sure all of this will be discussed in future episodes, so feel free to wait and not read the spoiler if you don't like to. I tried not to give much away beyond the bare minimum.

Spoiler
It's not easy to go through the stones. Remember, Claire woke up from being unconscious before encountering Black Jack Randall. It's a time crack only certain people can slip through, but it's like all times are happening at once and many people don't make it to the right time or die in the process, particularly the ones who slip through accidentally.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:14 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It does?????? how so?
I believe it gets more physically painful each time one goes through. In the first season, Claire describes it as similar to the way it felt to be in a car wreck. Some don't make it through alive.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:41 AM

605 posts, read 1,259,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
So two years ago or so I saw commercials on a Starz channel about this series coming. Back the. It really looked like some Nicholas Sparks/Harlequin bodice ripper show. The more I hear about online about it now the better it sounds though. Can anyone shed light on this?
This series, indeed, DOES have a life of its own! It spans years, wars, and has quite the following! the books are written in such a way that such incredible detail regarding smells, sight, hearing are crystal clear! It's hard to explain! I have listened (I have a horrible long work commute) to every single one including the new Written in My Own's Hearts Blood twice and i never get sick of them! I have been saying for over 15 years that this would make the most incredible TV series!! I hope it continues to thrive!!The history aspect of this also is very accurate. I knew nothing of the battle of Collodon(?) - the exhile of the remaining clans throughout Europe and the new colonies, etc. I recently bought property outside of New Bern in NC and it's amazing how much is correct about that area (future books will show)

Old 04-21-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I believe it gets more physically painful each time one goes through. In the first season, Claire describes it as similar to the way it felt to be in a car wreck. Some don't make it through alive.
yes, I remember the car wreck, but don't remember her saying that some don't make it through alive...

see, that is why I have to watch things over and over again.....

thank you

OMG, I just had a thought? I'm thinking of Jamie????? Don't want to say anything....

Old 04-21-2015, 10:12 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,437,282 times
A tweet from Ron Moore, explaining part of the Stone scene...

Q Curious why Claire didn’t start to “go” and Jamie pull her back. Emphasis on his faith? No need to see?
A I didn’t want to see her “fade” or go transparent. Felt like the show would be “scifi” and take you out of the story.

From what I've read around the web, a LOT of fans don't agree with him! (Myself included )

Can see all the tweets here:
Outlander: Ron Moore Tweet Catch-Up, Episode 11

Old 04-21-2015, 10:27 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
A tweet from Ron Moore, explaining part of the Stone scene...

Q Curious why Claire didn’t start to “go” and Jamie pull her back. Emphasis on his faith? No need to see?
A I didn’t want to see her “fade” or go transparent. Felt like the show would be “scifi” and take you out of the story.

From what I've read around the web, a LOT of fans don't agree with him! (Myself included )

Can see all the tweets here:
Outlander: Ron Moore Tweet Catch-Up, Episode 11
I am with you - I don't want a lot of that for the reasons he said. But this is all about her falling through the stones so that wouldn't have been too much at all. In fact it would have let us viewers understand what happened like the book readers could.

If anyone wants to give me a spoiler on why Claire chose to stay, that would be neat :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV