Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2016, 12:20 PM

21,486 posts, read 10,598,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Be serious. She has to go back. What a boring show otherwise! I'm anxious to see how. I mean, they go to Boston!

Although she mentioned Boston to Jaime - that was interesting.

Maybe he comes to the future too to look for her. He knows how. We saw him Season 1 episode one.....before they even met which gives me a headache to think about.

Anyway there is no need to criticize my posts. I can think what I want and you can think what you want.

I might not have access to the show anymore anyway. Will probably read the book if that is the case.

Though I'd rather have stayed in LollyBrock I look forward to seeing what happens in France.
I read that they have a Starz app now. I don't know if it will be like an HBO to Go app, where you can watch shows without having cable, but you may want to check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 06:19 PM

37,126 posts, read 41,330,362 times
Default April 16, 1746

Battle of Culloden.

Urram do na mairbh.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:39 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,590,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I read that they have a Starz app now. I don't know if it will be like an HBO to Go app, where you can watch shows without having cable, but you may want to check it out.
I don't think they allow smart TVs to watch. Or my blu-ray player. I know Showtime doesn't, which is irritating.

Messes up my plans to watch Homeland and Shameless!

Old 04-16-2016, 11:42 PM

Blackjack is dead????????

Old 04-17-2016, 12:10 AM

37,126 posts, read 41,330,362 times
Quote:
Blackjack is dead????????
I assume you watched the entire second episode. Claire thought Randall was killed when they rescued Jamie. He wasn't.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I assume you watched the entire second episode. Claire thought Randall was killed when they rescued Jamie. He wasn't.
No, I hadn't gotten past the beginning at that point. I already watched season one again so I can't go back and see why they thought he was dead.

It makes more sense that he is not. Frank would not exist!

I didn't like this episode and I think Claire looked like a *****.

I would not wear such a dress in 2016!

Jaime looked HOT with his hair tied back, tho *swoon*

Thank God she didn't save the day *yet again* I thought she might solve the King's constipation.

It's unrealistic for her to always save the day. Her attitude annoys me - it didn't at first but it does now.

Jaime knows things too - things Claire cannot.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:45 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times
I can't believe my luck, but I got my husband hooked on Outlander. Best of all worlds really!

He can't STAND Claire, and rewatching the first season (a and b or whatever) from his perspective, I can see why. Also, he gets antsy during all the sex scenes - he thinks they go overboard on all that and frankly I agree - I could do with a bit more implied vs gritty reality. And it's not really reality for that matter - where's the under arm hair and body odor? Where are the tooth problems and morning breath and all that good stuff?

Another thing we agree on is that in spite of the passion between Jamie and Claire - it would suck to live in eighteenth century Scotland.

We're starting the second season tonight and really looking forward to it. I'm only about midway through the second book so this should be interesting.

In spite of the obvious issues (short cuts and diversions away from the excellent books due to the venue of a TV miniseries, too much emphasis on ever happening rapes and attempted rapes, and explicit yet unrealistic sex scenes that go on forever, for example) we are enjoying the series and both think it's very well done overall.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I can't believe my luck, but I got my husband hooked on Outlander. Best of all worlds really!

He can't STAND Claire, and rewatching the first season (a and b or whatever) from his perspective, I can see why. Also, he gets antsy during all the sex scenes - he thinks they go overboard on all that and frankly I agree - I could do with a bit more implied vs gritty reality. And it's not really reality for that matter - where's the under arm hair and body odor? Where are the tooth problems and morning breath and all that good stuff?

Another thing we agree on is that in spite of the passion between Jamie and Claire - it would suck to live in eighteenth century Scotland.

We're starting the second season tonight and really looking forward to it. I'm only about midway through the second book so this should be interesting.

In spite of the obvious issues (short cuts and diversions away from the excellent books due to the venue of a TV miniseries, too much emphasis on ever happening rapes and attempted rapes, and explicit yet unrealistic sex scenes that go on forever, for example) we are enjoying the series and both think it's very well done overall.
They go too far. I don't think HBO would show the stuff they do. Full frontal nudity? bleh. I didn't want to see BlackJacks limp penis AT ALL. bleh.

They do warn you though 'intense, prolonged nudity/sexual situations,,,,,,etc. and so forth'.

Claire has no tact. Sure, she was right about the ship and the smallpox, but why be a ***** about it? Why make enemies so carelessly when Jaime has a price on his head and they have all these other dealings? Sometimes I want her to just shut up. And go back in Jaime's head. I hear enough from her actually speaking!

Old 04-17-2016, 05:22 PM

28,958 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:
Be serious. She has to go back. What a boring show otherwise! I'm anxious to see how. I mean, they go to Boston!

Although she mentioned Boston to Jaime - that was interesting.

Maybe he comes to the future too to look for her. He knows how. We saw him Season 1 episode one.....before they even met which gives me a headache to think about.

Anyway there is no need to criticize my posts. I can think what I want and you can think what you want.

I might not have access to the show anymore anyway. Will probably read the book if that is the case.

Though I'd rather have stayed in LollyBrock I look forward to seeing what happens in France.
Yes, but wasn't that Jamie's Ghost? Remember, he turned around and went right thru Frank?

Old 04-17-2016, 05:35 PM

28,958 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Jamie calls Claire a pet name, sounds like, Sesna? Does anyone know what that means?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV