Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 11:41 AM

3,985 posts, read 5,017,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I wasn't surprised at all at the outcome of yesterday's vote. I figured they would turn against Jeremy and they did. He was a strong player and a threat. He was alone. Missy even said something about being willing to take him out in passing so she must have thought he was someone to be reckoned with even though she was allegedly allied with him. Or at least I thought she was.

If the rest were smart, and I don't think they are, they would break up Missy and Baylor and Jaclyn and Jon. The power couples need to be separated. I like Natalie. Can't stand Keith and Wes. I dislike Alex. I think he is a real smart a$$ especially towards women.

From the looks of the previews for next week, it appears the power couple of J&J are no more as far as their power goes.

I don't blame Jon for listening to his wife when she talked about how the men in their alliance wouldn't talk to her when he was out of the picture. That's not an alliance when your so-called allies won't communicate with you. Especially when they talk down to you as Alex did to Jaclyn when Jon was on Exile Island. To me that meant that Alex couldn't be trusted. I wonder if he is going to show how he is playing the game because now he just seems to be riding along.
FYI...not married. But here's my thing with those two...Jac could say that the sky was brown and John would believe it. He believes everything she says and does whatever she wants. Her feelings were hurt because other boys didn't pay attention to her like her own boyfriend does. They don't cater to her and they don't treat her like a special flower. That's why she's butt hurt. It seems so obvious to me.

She made NO effort to speak with them either, which just cements my theory that she thinks she reigns supreme. Cannot wait to see her go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 01:06 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,192,148 times
It was quite a blindside. But we have to remember we see only what Production wants us to see. Pretty cold after he gave up his reward but no one asked him to or gave any promises.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:08 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
FYI...not married. But here's my thing with those two...Jac could say that the sky was brown and John would believe it. He believes everything she says and does whatever she wants. Her feelings were hurt because other boys didn't pay attention to her like her own boyfriend does. They don't cater to her and they don't treat her like a special flower. That's why she's butt hurt. It seems so obvious to me.

She made NO effort to speak with them either, which just cements my theory that she thinks she reigns supreme. Cannot wait to see her go.
I don't think she will.....

In a season where none of the players seem to know what they are doing, and there is no clear strategy, John, Jac, Missy, and Baylor have been the only consistent alliance, even if that was just by coincidence and not planned.....

Mark my words, those four are headed to the end together unless the others learn how to play the game, and quickly.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:32 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post

Oh, I thought they were married.

Alec was also mean to Julie, true she may have been another Princess but even after the others appeared to be finished letting her have it about taking the granola he wouldn't let it go and continued to make snarky comments. I just get the impression he disrespects women period.

I don't think Jaclyn wanted the boys to cater to her. She appeared to want to talk to them like any other member of their alliance. But the minute she opened her mouth to speak they ignored her and then they got rude. That isn't asking to be treated like a special flower. To me she was just asking to be treated like a member of the team but they were only willing to speak with Jon.

What I saw in that episode is that she had just approached them to try and strategize as anyone in an alliance would and Alec led the pack being snarky. The others followed suit. If it had been two guys named Jack and Jon and the others treated Jack that way, I bet Jack would have told Jon the heck with them. But then again, Jack being male, they probably wouldn't.

But of course, all this is just perspective. We see just what the camera briefly shows us and then interpret what we perceive. Only those who were there really can say what it all comes down to.

In any case, J and J are not at all my favorites. I don't like Keith because I think he gets to high horsey sometimes and Wes just follows along. Missy and Baylor are the real queen bees. There is always backstabbing in Survivor but Missy has this sense of entitlement that she and Baylor seem to feel they are above everyone else and can do no wrong so turning on their allies is just fine in their strategy.

Reed is okay. I don't mind him. I think, though, that Natalie is playing a good game and I like her.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:48 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
From what I saw, Jaclyn tried to talk to the males about strategy and Alex did, indeed, ignore her, then got mouthy and disrespectful. The rest of the pack then joined in. Dogs.

Like I said before the episode even aired, going into another's bag should be a game ending breach. I dislike Reed very much now.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:12 PM

5,520 posts, read 7,115,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
going into another's bag should be a game ending breach.

Wasn't Jerry from Outback the first to do that when she stumbled on the beef-jerky in that kids bag?

Old 11-20-2014, 02:16 PM

They need to liven up this show.

I suggest having Julie Chen as a co-host and she can come in and tell them to expect the unexpected and then throw Russell Hantz, Boston Rob, Johnny Fairplay, Naoinka, Rachel Riley and Evil Dick into the game to compete with these boring tribe mates...

Old 11-20-2014, 02:30 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,238,514 times
I'm thinking the Foot Challenge last night was an idea taken from CBS's The Amazing Race where we've seen Bethany, the one-armed surfer, do some amazing tasks using her feet.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I'm thinking the Foot Challenge last night was an idea taken from CBS's The Amazing Race where we've seen Bethany, the one-armed surfer, do some amazing tasks using her feet.
I was thinking of her last night while watching, thinking to myself how she would win that competition in a flash!

Old 11-20-2014, 02:59 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
From what I saw, Jaclyn tried to talk to the males about strategy and Alex did, indeed, ignore her, then got mouthy and disrespectful. The rest of the pack then joined in. Dogs.

Like I said before the episode even aired, going into another's bag should be a game ending breach. I dislike Reed very much now.
Yeah, good point about Reed. No amount of desperation should excuse that. I think it will backfire on him though, who is going to trust a sneaky person and one who isn't bright enough to cover the fact he did that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV