Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 09:37 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times

Advertisements

How do people get spoilers????
Anyway I was on a site that has forums for other shows too and saw a Survivor Spoiler thread; decided to read it for the first time ever so not sure how accurate the information is. IF it is then I'm gonna say I'm only a little surprised at who they are saying won.
I say " a little" because honestly I don't think any of this bunch except for Keith and his son even know what game they are playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 12:22 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,576,783 times
I don't know how Survivor gets spoiled, but it does. Only thing I can think of is one of the crew spoils it because I think the contestants have contracts that say they can't spoil the season or they'll be fined huge amounts. I can see other shows like The Amazing Race or even Bachelor as they're out in public and with cell phones and social media, it's not hard. But Survivor is a "closed set" so to speak. I would also think that if it were a crew member, they'd be canned quickly unless they didn't get caught...

Old 11-24-2014, 09:43 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,192,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I don't know how Survivor gets spoiled, but it does. Only thing I can think of is one of the crew spoils it because I think the contestants have contracts that say they can't spoil the season or they'll be fined huge amounts. I can see other shows like The Amazing Race or even Bachelor as they're out in public and with cell phones and social media, it's not hard. But Survivor is a "closed set" so to speak. I would also think that if it were a crew member, they'd be canned quickly unless they didn't get caught...
If there are true leaks someone should get fired. I like a little suspense here.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:59 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times
When was a spoiler ever correct though? I've never seen any that were true?

Regarding editing and things of that nature. People I know who don't like reality shows always use that as a criticism; that these shows are heavily edited and what we see isn't what is really happening. The producers want to make the contestants more interesting and events more exiting than they sometimes are.

I have seen interviews with contestants of reality shows who have been surprised when they watched the show afterwards. Or just laughed at the way they were presented. Still, I keep watching Survivor because it's fun. I watch a soap too, and I don't think that's real either.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:10 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,576,783 times
I remember going to Survivor Sucks back when the All-Stars final 3 were John, Dawn and I can't remember the 3rd, but someone on S.S. had spoiled it about 3 episodes in, and they were right. Lucky guess? Maybe, but they got every elimination starting with the first person until they predicted the final 3 and the correct order they ended up. I just went there today, and the site's very different and I couldn't find any spoilers. I also Googled "Spoilers Survivor Season #29" and I didn't find anything. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:15 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I remember going to Survivor Sucks back when the All-Stars final 3 were John, Dawn and I can't remember the 3rd, but someone on S.S. had spoiled it about 3 episodes in, and they were right. Lucky guess? Maybe, but they got every elimination starting with the first person until they predicted the final 3 and the correct order they ended up. I just went there today, and the site's very different and I couldn't find any spoilers. I also Googled "Spoilers Survivor Season #29" and I didn't find anything. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.
Step away from the google button do not search for Survivor spoilers if you do succumb there are support groups for you.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:52 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,192,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Step away from the google button do not search for Survivor spoilers if you do succumb there are support groups for you.
Why watch if you know what is going to happen??

Old 11-25-2014, 10:10 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,404,085 times
Spoiler: Josh breaks out of Ponderosa - re-enters game, holds Jeff hostage and wins game!

Old 11-25-2014, 11:33 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Why watch if you know what is going to happen??
Oh I don't watch or read spoilers I was responding to Marcy1210's need to look them up jokingly. I'm with you why watch if you know the outcome.

My DH use to tape ballgames while at work then watch them later even when he knew who won I didn't get that either.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:05 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
How do people get spoilers????
Anyway I was on a site that has forums for other shows too and saw a Survivor Spoiler thread; decided to read it for the first time ever so not sure how accurate the information is. IF it is then I'm gonna say I'm only a little surprised at who they are saying won.
I say " a little" because honestly I don't think any of this bunch except for Keith and his son even know what game they are playing.

just to clarify why I read them. I've seen but never before read any spoilers but this season is so annoying and maybe I thought a spoiler would liven up my motivation to give a darn what happens
Because I too have always thought before-why would I want to know!!??!!

With this season of players not playing (at least not like we are accustomed to) I thought-I care so little therefore let me read a spoiler.......................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV