Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 10:06 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times

Advertisements

OK y'all have to quit picking on Keith he has a handicap and that would make y'all discriminating by targeting his spitting. He has a deformed big toe I think so leave him alone.

I'm taking out John who's with me? He needs to be the next to go he has an idol and needs blindsided then pick off Baylor, Missy, Jacquelyn, Alec and Nat in order. If Nat wins her annoying twin wins too. Final 3 Keith, Wes and Reed in that order for the win. What Reed did was low down but at least he made a big move it was really dumb of Keith to keep a paper trail. I'm really lukewarm on Wes being in the final 3 but rather see him than any of the others I listed to pick off first.

I was bummed Jeremy is out but not surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 12:32 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,576,783 times
I don't understand (and never do in any season) how the obvious to us viewers isn't obvious to the players. Don't they see how J & J are at camp? Or are their PDA's rare, yet editing makes it look like they're all over each other all the time? Are they more humble than their edits show? Maybe Missy and Baylor aren't as annoying as we're seeing. I figure if you're living with these people, and you end up generally liking them (many friendships continue after the show, sometimes for years), maybe they aren't as awful as we're led to believe. Maybe we're being manipulated by the editing to despise some players when they may actually be likable most of the time at camp.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:20 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,192,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I don't understand (and never do in any season) how the obvious to us viewers isn't obvious to the players. Don't they see how J & J are at camp? Or are their PDA's rare, yet editing makes it look like they're all over each other all the time? Are they more humble than their edits show? Maybe Missy and Baylor aren't as annoying as we're seeing. I figure if you're living with these people, and you end up generally liking them (many friendships continue after the show, sometimes for years), maybe they aren't as awful as we're led to believe. Maybe we're being manipulated by the editing to despise some players when they may actually be likable most of the time at camp.
I totally agree. We see what production wants us to see. Editing is a powerful tool.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Maybe we're being manipulated by the editing to despise some players when they may actually be likable most of the time at camp.
Well of course we are! It would be a dull show if they just filmed them all around the campfire swapping songs & life stories. On the other hand I think the back story of some of these players are very telling of their true characters. For instance Missy has been married 3 times said Baylor has lived through her bad choices of men outside those marriages. That tells me a) she isn't a strong independent woman that doesn't feel like she can live life without a man. b) she makes poor choices in life to attract losers and rinses & repeats with the next relationship c) she's unable to make good choices to enhance her life and so on.

So I'd be safe in my "observation" to say she isn't a strong minded woman capable of making her own right choices. Hence she thinks she is in control but honestly she is most probably following somebody else's suggestions & lead.

Alec is a womanizer or his brothers was too so he signed up to get with a hot chick on a free getaway island he will win a million bucks on. Then he doesn't have to work to sustain his life he will be the top dog at all the parties around. This is my mind's thinking how his mind's thinking oh & he'd be broke in 3 years and right back living at home with his folks.

Those are just 2 of my outside opinions of this season's players without any editing involved to manipulate my mind on how folks really are. Now having said that I'm sure there are many fine folks that play Survivor that get made out to be a villain or vise versa.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:17 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,404,085 times
If any of us had cameras filming us 10 hours a day, an edit can make us into heroes or idiots pretty easily. Actually sounds like a fun job, the editing not the filming!

Old 11-22-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
If any of us had cameras filming us 10 hours a day, an edit can make us into heroes or idiots pretty easily. Actually sounds like a fun job, the editing not the filming!
I wonder how some of the survivors feel when they see the tapes afterward???

Old 11-22-2014, 02:52 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
OK y'all have to quit picking on Keith he has a handicap and that would make y'all discriminating by targeting his spitting. He has a deformed big toe I think so leave him alone.

I'm taking out John who's with me? He needs to be the next to go he has an idol and needs blindsided then pick off Baylor, Missy, Jacquelyn, Alec and Nat in order. If Nat wins her annoying twin wins too. Final 3 Keith, Wes and Reed in that order for the win. What Reed did was low down but at least he made a big move it was really dumb of Keith to keep a paper trail. I'm really lukewarm on Wes being in the final 3 but rather see him than any of the others I listed to pick off first.

I was bummed Jeremy is out but not surprised.

great post and I like the way you think!! I'm with you on all of the above ^

Old 11-22-2014, 10:51 PM

Thanks Pip.

Just saw this video this is eewww to me because Alec is a, sorry everybody, pig how he talks about women. Plus they are out there starving & he is throwing food overboard???? If he didn't want it then leave it on the plate or was he doing that because somebody else wanted it?? I don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPw0PYjB9co

Old 11-22-2014, 11:59 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,576,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Well of course we are! It would be a dull show if they just filmed them all around the campfire swapping songs & life stories. On the other hand I think the back story of some of these players are very telling of their true characters. For instance Missy has been married 3 times said Baylor has lived through her bad choices of men outside those marriages. That tells me a) she isn't a strong independent woman that doesn't feel like she can live life without a man. b) she makes poor choices in life to attract losers and rinses & repeats with the next relationship c) she's unable to make good choices to enhance her life and so on.

So I'd be safe in my "observation" to say she isn't a strong minded woman capable of making her own right choices. Hence she thinks she is in control but honestly she is most probably following somebody else's suggestions & lead.

Alec is a womanizer or his brothers was too so he signed up to get with a hot chick on a free getaway island he will win a million bucks on. Then he doesn't have to work to sustain his life he will be the top dog at all the parties around. This is my mind's thinking how his mind's thinking oh & he'd be broke in 3 years and right back living at home with his folks.

Those are just 2 of my outside opinions of this season's players without any editing involved to manipulate my mind on how folks really are. Now having said that I'm sure there are many fine folks that play Survivor that get made out to be a villain or vise versa.
Then why do they keep Missy and Baylor around? Or J & J? There must be a reason that we're not seeing, because I think if I were Natalie or one of the other singles, I'd be wanting to break up the pairs ASAP!

Old 11-23-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Then why do they keep Missy and Baylor around? Or J & J? There must be a reason that we're not seeing, because I think if I were Natalie or one of the other singles, I'd be wanting to break up the pairs ASAP!
That would involve game play. This group just does not get that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV