Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 09:51 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,247,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
didn't quite know where to post this and it is just horrible news

Survivor's Caleb Bankston Dead: Blood vs. Water Star Killed in Railway Accident : People.com

I am so shocked and saddened
Thanks for sharing Pip such a young life taken peace be with his family & Colton whom will be devastated beyond belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 02:15 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,606,546 times
I heard this on the news tonight, and I about fell to my knees. Such a warm, loving guy. I really liked him on Survivor, and liked him even more when I'd see him in interviews like ET or OMG Insider. What a gentle, sweet man. My heart goes out to his family and to Colton.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:08 PM

Ruh roh season 29 might be delayed

Quote:
“They seek the same health benefits, pensions, and basic protections that their counterparts elsewhere in the industry have long enjoyed. After 28 successful seasons and 16 Emmy nominations, that doesn’t seem too much to ask.”
'Survivor' editors go on strike, might delay premiere | Inside TV | EW.com

Old 08-13-2014, 09:40 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,243,495 times
ahh I didn't know about Caleb that's so sad! Hes my age, so young!
As far as the editor strike hopefully they get it sorted out I miss Survivor already!

Old 08-14-2014, 12:34 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,606,546 times
I wonder if they'll have a tribute to Caleb at the beginning or if they'll dedicate the season to him? As for the strike, I sure hope they can unionize like Burnett's other shows, or at least come to a bargaining agreement so the show can premiere on time.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:34 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,299,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I wonder if they'll have a tribute to Caleb at the beginning or if they'll dedicate the season to him? As for the strike, I sure hope they can unionize like Burnett's other shows, or at least come to a bargaining agreement so the show can premiere on time.
I can't imagine they aren't part of a union. Almost every single job in show business is a union, from actors and directors down to caterers and boom mic operators. But it sounds from this article like they aren't.

I hope they can get this settled quickly! I'm sure they want the finale before Christmas which I'm guessing only gives them a week of leeway. If it goes more than a week delayed and the finale is on Wednesday night again like last season, that would put it on Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve. I'm sure they wouldn't want it either of those nights.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:47 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,560,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Somehow I don't see the Network allowing revenue to slip away, they'll get it resolved in a timely manor... I hope.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:10 AM

810 posts, read 1,028,431 times
‘Survivor’ Editors Strike Over Contract Flap | Deadline

"EXCLUSIVE UPDATE, 10:03 PM: It’s not a tribal council but it is a move towards a vote. After less than 12 hours, the strike by Survivor editors and other postproduction staff is over. Mark Burnett’s Island Post Productions has agreed to union recognition for the two dozen or so postproduction staff who walked off the job today. Talks with the Motion Picture Editors Guild, IATSE Local 700 are now set for August 15. In the meantime, I’ve learned that the picket line that went up today has been suspended and the Guild has instructed crew members to report for work at the company’s Santa Monica HQ tomorrow. Which means, work will resume on the premiere episode for Season 29 of the veteran reality show, which is scheduled to debut with a 90-minute episode on September 24 – a date that I’m told will not suffer being met despite today’s walkout."

Old 08-14-2014, 07:15 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,299,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
‘Survivor’ Editors Strike Over Contract Flap | Deadline

"EXCLUSIVE UPDATE, 10:03 PM: It’s not a tribal council but it is a move towards a vote. After less than 12 hours, the strike by Survivor editors and other postproduction staff is over. Mark Burnett’s Island Post Productions has agreed to union recognition for the two dozen or so postproduction staff who walked off the job today. Talks with the Motion Picture Editors Guild, IATSE Local 700 are now set for August 15. In the meantime, I’ve learned that the picket line that went up today has been suspended and the Guild has instructed crew members to report for work at the company’s Santa Monica HQ tomorrow. Which means, work will resume on the premiere episode for Season 29 of the veteran reality show, which is scheduled to debut with a 90-minute episode on September 24 – a date that I’m told will not suffer being met despite today’s walkout."
That was quick. Thanks for finding that update! Also, I'm glad to see the premiere getting extended to 90 minutes. I think that is the perfect length for a premiere episode of this show.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I can see them dedicating a whole season to him but I can see them doing an in memory of at the beginning perhaps. They did that for Tina's son that had died and he wasn't even a contestant.

Union thing I'm shocked they didn't already have these benefits in today's day & age like ischyros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV