Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 11:43 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I have a question, regarding giving out the roses & the large amount of women. How does the Bachelor or Bachelorette remember the name of the people they're giving the rose out to? How can you possibly remember everyone's name & also align it w/their face? There's no way I could memorize all of that. I'm thinking that each rose has the person's name one it somewhere, maybe a small piece of tape on the stem? Lol, it's just something that I've wondered about ever since I started watching this. Of course in the later episodes when he's getting to know them & they've been whittled down, obviously he knows who he's talking about.
I have seen a small piece of white paper on each rose with a name in the early rounds. The Bachelor/Bachelorette picks up the rose, looks at the name, and calls it out. They try and hide it with their hand after they read it. It is a tiny piece of paper. I am sure they are all coached to not show the paper.

That is why he freaked out about Tara the Drunk. He knew her name was on the rose, and then he was not sure he wanted to keep her on the show. I felt like Chris H. was pushing him to keep her on. We know the crazies help the ratings.

I like the Fertility nurse, lives in the Mid-west, can handle the weather. But her voice was really strange, especially in the beginning. Almost like a Disney cartoon.

Everyone that lives in L.A., San Diego, Orange County...forget about it. They won't last one winter.

My sister lives about 15 miles from Prince Farming, in the same county in Iowa. Tomorrow is going to be Minus 20 degrees!!! Those of us from Southern CA think 40 degrees is freezing. My sister did adjust but it took her ten years and she is a very rare soul. And she basically hates it there but is stuck due to family circumstances.

I also like the gal that lost her husband, she seemed very real, from Texas. Most of them seemed like total Bimbos and I don't see them living in rural Iowa. I have been there. Nail Salon, nope! Hair Salon, nope! Nearest big City is Minneapolis four hour drive from where Chris S. lives.

I was surprised he kept so many of the bimbos and let some of the nicer women leave. I liked the red head with the pig nose. He is a Hog Farmer and I thought that was genius!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 11:52 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
...I like the Fertility nurse, lives in the Mid-west, can handle the weather. But her voice was really strange, especially in the beginning. Almost like a Disney cartoon....

I was surprised he kept so many of the bimbos and let some of the nicer women leave. I liked the red head with the pig nose. He is a Hog Farmer and I thought that was genius!
Whitney was the nurse with the annoying voice. I couldn't stand her voice.

Thanks for explaining the pig-nosed bachelorette. I FF through her introduction.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:00 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
I have seen a small piece of white paper on each rose with a name in the early rounds. The Bachelor/Bachelorette picks up the rose, looks at the name, and calls it out. They try and hide it with their hand after they read it. It is a tiny piece of paper. I am sure they are all coached to not show the paper.

That is why he freaked out about Tara the Drunk. He knew her name was on the rose, and then he was not sure he wanted to keep her on the show. I felt like Chris H. was pushing him to keep her on. We know the crazies help the ratings.

I like the Fertility nurse, lives in the Mid-west, can handle the weather. But her voice was really strange, especially in the beginning. Almost like a Disney cartoon.

Everyone that lives in L.A., San Diego, Orange County...forget about it. They won't last one winter.

My sister lives about 15 miles from Prince Farming, in the same county in Iowa. Tomorrow is going to be Minus 20 degrees!!! Those of us from Southern CA think 40 degrees is freezing. My sister did adjust but it took her ten years and she is a very rare soul. And she basically hates it there but is stuck due to family circumstances.

I also like the gal that lost her husband, she seemed very real, from Texas. Most of them seemed like total Bimbos and I don't see them living in rural Iowa. I have been there. Nail Salon, nope! Hair Salon, nope! Nearest big City is Minneapolis four hour drive from where Chris S. lives.

Yes, Whitney from Chicago. Very annoying voice. I'm glad that blonde ballet dancer went home. The one who claims she still lives w/her mom & doesn't cook or clean. Give me a break. Not that I expect a barefoot & pregnant woman but c'mon, time to grow up & learn the basics, right? I would expect it of a man as well.

There were so many women that I don't remember a lot of them. Many of the brunettes look the same. Oh wait, who is the blonde w/the giant eyes? She creeps me out a little. I think the dancer Kaitlyn from Canada is funny in a bold inappropriate way, I can appreciate that. But, not sure she's very serious.

And how on EARTH can these chicks get so emotional the very first night when they probably didn't even talk to him at all or only for a few minutes? And then they sob like their life depended on it? Talk about unstable. Wait, what happened with that one that he dismissed & then she ended up coming back & asking to speak to him? Did I miss something?

Old 01-06-2015, 12:06 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,607,055 times
Quote:
Most of them seemed like total Bimbos and I don't see them living in rural Iowa. I have been there. Nail Salon, nope! Hair Salon, nope! Nearest big City is Minneapolis four hour drive from where Chris S. lives. I was surprised he kept so many of the bimbos and let some of the nicer women leave. I liked the red head with the pig nose. He is a Hog Farmer and I thought that was genius!
Not that this season needs to become an argument between those of us who live in the same region as Chris v urban/coastal people, but . . . flyover country does need to defend itself!

Nail Salon - YEP! Hair Salon - YEP! Even in small towns! I mean seriously - we who live here have hair and fingers!!!

(Although I must say, some of said salons do produce what I meanly call "Midwestern Hair", examples of which were seen in the styles on the ladies from his hometown who were in the audience.)

And Chris doesn't have sweet little pigs skipping around next to a barn, he has a hog confinement, and probably more than one. Look them up. They're very awful, and learning about them will turn you off eating pork for the rest of your life. They won't be filming any romantic scenes near a hog confinement.

I'm surprised that he kept the girl who was stupid about alfalfa. She won't make it much further.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

I'm surprised that he kept the girl who was stupid about alfalfa. She won't make it much further.
I was like, you don't know what alfalfa is? You've never heard of it? Wow.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:30 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
How about the other tipsy (not quite 'Tara' drunk.. ) girl who was all like "There's an onion in that tree!" lmao

Old 01-06-2015, 12:47 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Amanda had the big eyes. Her normal look was too intense to not be distracted when looking at her.

McKenzie or something like that was the girl who didn't know what alfalfa was. I was surprised he kept her too. But not as surprised as I was that he kept the onion/pomegranate chick. Last night on Jimmy Kimmel, Chris answered "yes" when Jimmy asked if she was crazy. I don't think anything she said made sense. And her gaze was a little off--like she was seeing something different from the rest of us.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:00 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I liked when she asked if it was organic, and Chris looked at her like she was crazy.

Quote:
examples of which were seen in the styles on the ladies from his hometown who were in the audience.
I didn't catch who those people were. Were they family? friends? Random people from his home town to show America the slim pickings Chris had to deal with back in Iowa?

Old 01-06-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
How about the other tipsy (not quite 'Tara' drunk.. ) girl who was all like "There's an onion in that tree!" lmao
Wait, wasn't that the same person? No no, she was a strange looking one as well. They're all blending into one in my head, too many.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I liked when she asked if it was organic, and Chris looked at her like she was crazy.

I didn't catch who those people were. Were they family? friends? Random people from his home town to show America the slim pickings Chris had to deal with back in Iowa?
Random people, one of them with the mom haircut went to school with him but he's a couple years older. Seeing her, I thought she was in her 40's. And I mean a person in their 40's who is a housewife & mother. I'm 43 & no way do I look that old & I don't know, matronly. What the heck do people do to themselves??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV