Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 05:24 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Not that this season needs to become an argument between those of us who live in the same region as Chris v urban/coastal people, but . . . flyover country does need to defend itself!

Nail Salon - YEP! Hair Salon - YEP! Even in small towns! I mean seriously - we who live here have hair and fingers!!!

(Although I must say, some of said salons do produce what I meanly call "Midwestern Hair", examples of which were seen in the styles on the ladies from his hometown who were in the audience.)

And Chris doesn't have sweet little pigs skipping around next to a barn, he has a hog confinement, and probably more than one. Look them up. They're very awful, and learning about them will turn you off eating pork for the rest of your life. They won't be filming any romantic scenes near a hog confinement.

I'm surprised that he kept the girl who was stupid about alfalfa. She won't make it much further.
I have been in the small towns near where Chris lives and there were no nail salons or hair salons. The town my sister lives in does not even have a restaurant. Of course they can drive to Oelwein or Decorah to find those places, restaurants etc. A 45-minute drive from his farm, so not that far, unless it is snowing. Cedar Rapids has just about everything and that would be a 90-minute drive.

I did not mean to put down Iowa, just pointing out that most Bimbo L.A. types won't adjust, and most native Californians never adjust to the weather, but they tolerate it like my sister does. That part of Iowa is full of cornfields and hog farms and boy do the hog farms stink. Of course farming is a noble profession but I am just saying that most of the women I saw last night won't adjust well. On the other hand the people in Iowa are kind, good values, but at least for my sister and brother-in-law from California they found in the Small towns, people don't like outsiders. They lived in Cedar Rapids before they moved to three different very small towns and learned to say they were from Cedar Rapids, not California, and then they were accepted. They have now been there for over 20 years and plan to stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 07:07 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,815,911 times
I thought Britt was just stunning and seemed very genuine, but we'll see. She isn't originally from LA and didn't move there to be a waitress, I'm sure.

Re the girl whose look was slightly off as if she was in her own little world and wearing a short silver dress and talking about onions and pomegranates, I thought she sort of resembled Trista, as in Trista and Ryan. Anyone else think so?

Old 01-06-2015, 07:59 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,380,459 times
I liked how the audience wasn't buying Chris' stupid "the most romantic Bachelor season ever" tripe. Even he seemed a little embarrassed to be saying it.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:14 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Time will tell...

Guess the only question is... Is there a Farmer's wife in the bunch?

Several of my cousins are farmers and there is always conversation about how difficult it is to find a good match... for a farming man or woman...

Have to say most of the people I know would last a month... let alone a week!

Old 01-06-2015, 09:11 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,237,506 times
Definitely liked Britt the best she was so adorable and genuine! No a fan of the Canadian girl she was definitely not representing very well lol she kinda looks like Miley Cyrus, anyone else think Britt kinda looks like Vanessa Lachey(minillo) lol?
cant believe the two crazy girls he picked but I guess he wants to give them chances
I have a feeling whoever he picks will have a hard time adjusting to farming life its very different from the city and they will probably have to drive far to get job outside of the farm, it seems no matter what happens itll be the girl making sacrifices not him

Old 01-06-2015, 09:59 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,937,875 times
I would not have wanted to be standing in front of Tara-the-Drunk-Girl through the Rose Ceremony. All that swaying and shuffling and sighing made me think she was about to barf. Awful...

Old 01-07-2015, 12:45 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,576,783 times
I also noticed Drunk Tara wasn't in any of the promos for the season, so I'm wondering if she gets canned next week. I liked Britt a lot.

I grew up outside of Chicago in the 50's and there were a lot of farms still around. It's a really different life and I don't know how the ladies will take to it. It's really hard work, the hours are long, and there's no stability from year to year. Hog prices go up or down, as do cattle prices; corn and soybeans can be affected by weather so easily, that some years you barely produce any to other years where it's a bumper year. You get government subsidies, but it's really hard to be a farmer in these times. I applaud Chris for carrying on from his family, but the lady he chooses is going to have to be one very special lady. Life in a small farming town, with Friday Night Lights, Sunday Church, County Fairs, 4-H, and everyone knowing your business is tough to get used to. I hope he finds a lasting love who will give up her life for him!

Old 01-07-2015, 09:40 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,602,397 times
The layers of the onion/pomegranate lady is named Ashley S.

I can somewhat see a resemblance of Trista.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:29 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
He should have sent home the drunk and also Whitney the fertility nurse with her annoying nasal voice. I can't believe he sent home other girls and kept those two. That girl with the googly eyes (the one who was trying to look into his eyes) needed to go too.

I like Britt but I doubt she's going to transition from California to Iowa very well.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:39 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,610,448 times
Can we each say who we think is going to be chosen? Because I love to bet without really betting, and I always make a pick at the beginning of each season of the B or the B-ette about who will be selected, based only on the introductions.

So, this season my bet is that he'll choose Kelsey. No, that's not based on any spoilers or clues (I don't look at those), just from watching the first episode.

Based only on the first episode, who do you guys think he will pick??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV