Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 11:38 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times

Advertisements

Two things I think need to happen in Survivor.

1) no returns. Mamma C should not have been able to get her money back.
2) stealing someone's advantage should be a vote off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 12:19 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Two things I think need to happen in Survivor.

1) no returns. Mamma C should not have been able to get her money back.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Jeff ever officially ruled on whether he was going to accept the return. And with Mike correctly knowing that his alliance is flipping on him, I don't mind that he tried to pull that "dirty move".

Old 04-23-2015, 01:00 PM

5,520 posts, read 7,116,718 times
Mike messed up his game twice last night, 1st during the auction and 2nd when the group was ready to sit an enjoy their letters, he decides then to out Rodney as a flipper, causing all the drama.

Tyler will figure out that Mike has an idol also.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:56 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,802,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think Jeff ever officially ruled on whether he was going to accept the return. And with Mike correctly knowing that his alliance is flipping on him, I don't mind that he tried to pull that "dirty move".

I thought Caroline's decision should have been denied.

I too think Mike pulled--ok, almost pulled off a great plan. I would have kept ALL my money to buy the advantage and screw whoever didn't like it. Players have to walk on egg shells as it is. Prime example was Will sharing his goodies. (I won't even go into my rant over his behavior afterwards) I will say his intentions should not have been voiced in the way it was.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:30 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Well, that was ugly tonight. Was Will said was inexcusable. Very christian of him.

I agree with some of you others - this is the very first season of Survivor in which I dislike ALL of the remaining competitors. I don't want any of them to win.

I don't even want to watch the rest of the season. (But I will, though.) And that really is a first.

Yuck.
Sadly, it seems like everybody has decided that keeping the idiots is the way to win at the end. They think they'll have a chance, since they know "they're" the only likable one. Which means all the crazies end up at the end.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:36 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,611,912 times
I forgot that Mike has an idol - yay!

I don't like Carolyn because she looks like a rat and because of the dismissive way she speaks to others.
I don't like Tyler because he's a sneaky little tattle tale.
I don't like Rodney because - well who DOES like Rodney? His head looks too small to contain any brains.
I don't like Dan because he is a rude, misogynistic dirt bag, and yucky too.
I don't like Sierra because she hasn't done anything at all.
I don't like Will because of his evil nasty explosion. You just KNOW he'll cry about it during the aftershow.
They really haven't shown us Shirrin being anything but mildly irritating. I'm rooting for her now.
And Mike seems like a pretty good guy who just isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:21 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,266,014 times
Regarding the vote. Apparently it was well known that the group of 6 were splitting their vote between Sherin and Jenn. Jenn went with the others' plan and voted for Caroyln, but Sherin wisely voted for Jenn. It was going to be one of them that went home, so Sherin wanted to make sure it was Jenn. Mike played along. He'd bonded with Sherin before Jenn and was protecting her over Jenn. Seems odd that they would vote against their alliance, but between the two inevitable outcomes, Sherin and Mike wanted to make sure Jenn got the boot.

We saw Mike and Jenn questioning whether Will had stashed away more food before Sherin got involved. It was a little odd that Will singled out Sherin. And his tirade was only about 1% about food before he started getting personal.

Surprised that Dan flipped on Mike. I thought they were tight. Not surprised at Sierra, though. She seemed to be sticking with him just to go with the flow until she had another alternative. I'm wondering if there's some deal with Tyler and Carolyn that moves Sierra and Dan higher than # 5 and # 6 in the group of 6. I think Sierra has done well considering she doesn't seem to have any close friends.

Dan's advantage didn't say that he had to present it at Tribal Council, like an immunity idol, just that he needed to say he was using it. It would have made sense for him to have burned it so no one else could find out. People have searched other Survivors' belongings before for idols and clues. They can't steal an idol, but they can discover it. Others have known this and have burned clues.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:51 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
People have searched other Survivors' belongings before for idols and clues. They can't steal an idol, but they can discover it. Others have known this and have burned clues.
I don't understand why you would not be able to steal an idol? Is this a fact or an assumption? Has it ever happened before? I know people have found the papers stating this is a HII in people's belongings, but not the actual idols I don't believe. It's not like Jeff would know who found the HII. For all he would know the person claiming they had the idol stolen from them could be lying.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:04 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I don't understand why you would not be able to steal an idol? Is this a fact or an assumption? Has it ever happened before? I know people have found the papers stating this is a HII in people's belongings, but not the actual idols I don't believe. It's not like Jeff would know who found the HII. For all he would know the person claiming they had the idol stolen from them could be lying.
Oh I'm sure Jeff knows EVERYTHING that goes on in camp!! Ever hear of "dailies"? I'm sure he watches the days filming every night.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:27 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,464,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Regarding the vote. Apparently it was well known that the group of 6 were splitting their vote between Sherin and Jenn. Jenn went with the others' plan and voted for Caroyln, but Sherin wisely voted for Jenn. It was going to be one of them that went home, so Sherin wanted to make sure it was Jenn. Mike played along. He'd bonded with Sherin before Jenn and was protecting her over Jenn. Seems odd that they would vote against their alliance, but between the two inevitable outcomes, Sherin and Mike wanted to make sure Jenn got the boot.

We saw Mike and Jenn questioning whether Will had stashed away more food before Sherin got involved. It was a little odd that Will singled out Sherin. And his tirade was only about 1% about food before he started getting personal.

Surprised that Dan flipped on Mike. I thought they were tight. Not surprised at Sierra, though. She seemed to be sticking with him just to go with the flow until she had another alternative. I'm wondering if there's some deal with Tyler and Carolyn that moves Sierra and Dan higher than # 5 and # 6 in the group of 6. I think Sierra has done well considering she doesn't seem to have any close friends.

Dan's advantage didn't say that he had to present it at Tribal Council, like an immunity idol, just that he needed to say he was using it. It would have made sense for him to have burned it so no one else could find out. People have searched other Survivors' belongings before for idols and clues. They can't steal an idol, but they can discover it. Others have known this and have burned clues.
Jenn wanted to go and Shirin didn't so that was well played. I guess we saw Mike and Jenn discussing whether or not Will had hidden more food but Will only saw Shirin speaking when he approached them. I don't know why that set him off though. If I were in his shoes, I think I would have just laughed at them; maybe told them I had a big turkey dinner with all the trimmings hidden in the jungle somewhere and they were welcome to go look for it.

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought Mike had to present his advantage at TC when Jeff said "I'll go tally the votes etc."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV