Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 07:48 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times

Advertisements

I don't find they talk too fast...it probably is a New York thing...I can't believe all the skinny girl merchandise on display at Betheny's house... I guess you can never be too rich or too skinny...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 04:31 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,423,398 times
I am a born and bred NY-er and while we do at times talk fast, walk fast, etc at least compared to the rest of the country, Bethenny and Ramona are way too fast for my ears and eyes. I think they are both hyper ladies in everything they do. (and about as contrived as one could be.)
I get drained particularly listening to /watching Bethenny. I mean she is bright and witty but too much.
And yes, who is this Dorinda lady?
such a strange mix.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:59 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
I realized when watching last night that the "Real Housewives of NY" are comprised of mostly single ladies!!! They need to change the title or cast housewives.

And terrible editing. They had Dorinda going to lunch with her boyfriend in last night's episode. Those were the clothes she was wearing before they went to The Hampton's and was dropping off her dry cleaning!!

Old 04-23-2015, 10:22 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,502,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I am a born and bred NY-er and while we do at times talk fast, walk fast, etc at least compared to the rest of the country, Bethenny and Ramona are way too fast for my ears and eyes. I think they are both hyper ladies in everything they do. (and about as contrived as one could be.)
I get drained particularly listening to /watching Bethenny. I mean she is bright and witty but too much.
And yes, who is this Dorinda lady?
such a strange mix.
It makes me crazy listening to them. It's as if they are speaking so quickly in order to trip each other up. My southern ears cannot take it, and I lived in Boston for many years so did become used to a quicker pace. With Bethenny, especially, it's like every thought in her ADHD head comes tripping out on her tongue the second she thinks it, and the subject changes from sentence to sentence.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:13 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
Bethanny last night cracked me up with Heather's comments. I think Bethanny was way to harsh, however I completely agree with her. She doesn't even know Kristen!! These women need to grow up. You aren't a teenager that wasn't invited.

Dorinda with her boyfriend, just wow. The B really came out!! She completely tried to humiliate him. I don't know why he puts up with her bull****. And I don't know why Dorinda lets her daughter dictate her love life!

Old 04-29-2015, 11:08 AM

2,023 posts, read 3,240,723 times
I read this comment on another site:

Bethenny knows Kristen as a bravo cast mate. Kristen had all those boxes of Eboost on her fridge which is Josh's company that sells vitamin packets. Guess who else is selling vitamin packets--Skinny Girl. Bethenny is going to cut Kirsten's screen time to cut out a competitor. It's not shady as much as cutthroat. Bethenny's also at odds with Heather. Heather owns a very successful shape wear company. Bethenny just launched Skinnygirl Lingerie in addition to having some failed shape wear of her own. It's battle of the housewife products!

Any thoughts?

The way that Dorinda spoke to her boyfriend was uncalled for. If I was in his shoes, I would have left her right then and there. Then again, he seemed to be more interested in the food than anything else!

Old 04-29-2015, 11:08 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
It makes me crazy listening to them. It's as if they are speaking so quickly in order to trip each other up. My southern ears cannot take it, and I lived in Boston for many years so did become used to a quicker pace. With Bethenny, especially, it's like every thought in her ADHD head comes tripping out on her tongue the second she thinks it, and the subject changes from sentence to sentence.

OMG--I know-right??!!! I wish the behind the scenes crew could slow down the audio because these women are not gonna slow down their talking due to being so afraid someone else might say something more interesting than the thoughts swirling around in their heads that they think are so important that they must, just really must get those thoughts verbalized with the quickness and never mind that the subject matter changes mid sentence because that just gives that person a jump ahead in the ongoing,makes no sense conversation that no one can follow and who the hell cares anyway???????

Old 04-29-2015, 11:13 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
I read this comment on another site:

Bethenny knows Kristen as a bravo cast mate. Kristen had all those boxes of Eboost on her fridge which is Josh's company that sells vitamin packets. Guess who else is selling vitamin packets--Skinny Girl. Bethenny is going to cut Kirsten's screen time to cut out a competitor. It's not shady as much as cutthroat. Bethenny's also at odds with Heather. Heather owns a very successful shape wear company. Bethenny just launched Skinnygirl Lingerie in addition to having some failed shape wear of her own. It's battle of the housewife products!

Any thoughts?

The way that Dorinda spoke to her boyfriend was uncalled for. If I was in his shoes, I would have left her right then and there. Then again, he seemed to be more interested in the food than anything else!

Bethenny has sold her soul to the devil. She is just evil and bitter. In her side interview she looks like a deranged, crazy old lady.

I think Dorinda's boyfriend is a cheat and a liar and she knows that and is making him pay for being a douche bag by hitting below the belt every chance she gets. I find him repulsive.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:33 PM

7,370 posts, read 5,484,723 times
I don't think Bethenny should have invited Kristen to her party either. She doesn't even know her. But Bethenny really is being a mean girl this season. She's must be very unhappy in her life to talk so bitter and unfeeling like when she started talking about Carole and Dorinda's deceased husbands and wanting to rephrase the phrase "late husband'. Shut up Bethenny!

I am all for older women being cougar's and dating younger men but I really think these young guys are only with Carole, Lu, and Sonja for TV time.

What's up with Dorinda's daughter? I love my daughter too but I would not let my ADULT daughter dictate who my boyfriend can be. This girl needs to shut up, get a job and get her eyebrows waxed.

I don't know if John is a cheat or liar but If I were him I would have walked out of the restraunt after the way Dorinda cursed him out. She really is a B.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:47 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
I didn't care for Bethany when she was couch suffering and ungrateful....I care even less for her now that she is rich....By the by....I thought that having sod "Skinny Girl" was what made her rich?? Did I misunderstand?

At that brunch, I would have been embarrassed to be so brazenly hawking my products.....No class imo

I wonder how many ppl besides myself think that Bethany is doing this show only for the publicity?

Both Carole and Sonia are embarrassing...with their behavior and comments anytime their is a young man in their presence....so desperate. Sad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV