Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 05:58 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I actually think they're setting the Tyrell's up. When the Tyrell forces attack the Sparrows, I fully expect Lannister forces to put down the attack and then we'll see Grandma Tyrell dead or in the dungeon along with her grandkids. The Tyrells (mostly in the form of Queen Margaery) are a bigger threat to Cersei and Jaime than the Sparrows. With the Tyrell's out of the picture the Lannisters regain their hold over Kings Landing. Then they'll deal with the Sparrows.
Not just the Tyrells themselves, either dead or maybe in the High Sparrow's grasp/prison, but the Tyrells' wealth will be in their hands...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 06:12 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Funny. I see what you did there.

Good catch.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:20 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
I think he is Rhaegar's son and it will be proven because he hen he doesn't burn or something like Dany. If he were Roberts son, how could it be proven? Bran will tell people he travelled back in time and saw it?!
Jon burned his hands in season 1 when he used fire to stop the Other from killing Lord Commander Mormont.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:25 AM

21,482 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I think book Jon has Stark gray eyes, like Ned, Lyanna and Arya.

GRRM has stated that one of Rhaegar's children - Rhaenys - had her mother's dark hair and eyes; so Targaryen genes are not always dominant.
Okay, that makes sense. I just kept thinking of that book Eddard Stark was reading in Season 1 that led him to the realization that Robert's "kids" were really Jamie's. And the flashback with Bran showed Lyanna having light hair.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:11 AM

677 posts, read 653,525 times
Quote:
I think he is Rhaegar's son and it will be proven because he hen he doesn't burn or something like Dany. If he were Roberts son, how could it be proven? Bran will tell people he travelled back in time and saw it?!
Bran's visions are just the way that the show is revealing the truth. You also have the girl with him, who is a northern noble, and her (still surviving) father, who was the only other survivor of the battle at the tower of joy and was a witness to everything and can verify it.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:34 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,285,009 times
Quote:
Jon has already been burned. And imperviousness to fire isn't a sign of all Targaeryans. Just Daenerys. Something happened between her and the dragons that has made her different than all other mortals. Remember her brother's golden crown?

As for how Jon will "prove" his lineage ... I don't know. But I don't know that it really matters in the end. If this story has proven anything, it is that the rulers are those willing and able to rule, not those who necessarily deserve it. Robert only had a distant claim to the throne. But he took it anyway. The Lannisters have no claim at all, yet they are still on the throne. When Dany comes across the ocean with three dragons and a horde, I suspect she'll marry whoever she wants to marry ... or not.

I'm convinced Dany will end the story on the Iron Throne. Whether or not anyone is by her side ... who knows? My best guess would be Jon Snow. But it's just as likely he'll die a noble death.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
I loved the "How YOU doin" moment between Brienne and that hunky wildling.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:59 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,825,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Jon has already been burned. And imperviousness to fire isn't a sign of all Targaeryans. Just Daenerys. Something happened between her and the dragons that has made her different than all other mortals. Remember her brother's golden crown?

As for how Jon will "prove" his lineage ... I don't know. But I don't know that it really matters in the end. If this story has proven anything, it is that the rulers are those willing and able to rule, not those who necessarily deserve it. Robert only had a distant claim to the throne. But he took it anyway. The Lannisters have no claim at all, yet they are still on the throne. When Dany comes across the ocean with three dragons and a horde, I suspect she'll marry whoever she wants to marry ... or not.

I'm convinced Dany will end the story on the Iron Throne. Whether or not anyone is by her side ... who knows? My best guess would be Jon Snow. But it's just as likely he'll die a noble death.
That's true. I actually think Jon will die in the end, but he will be key in helping Dany get the throne. And for reference, I do think that Dany will end up on the throne. TBH at this point she is the only one that I think wants it's most for the most noble people and has had most experience. Lannisters and Tyrells are in for themselves. The Starks just want to be left alone. I don't think Jon Snow would want to be king anyway. I also think Tyrion will become the hand of the queen.

I just hope the Starks and Tyrells don't lose too much during this. The rest I could care less, except for Tyrion.

Also, which of the major houses are dead now?
-Martells
-Baratheons (technically Tommen is not Baratheon)
-Tullys? Is Edmure still alive?

Houses I want to see gone for good:
-Boltons
-Freys
-Arryn

Old 05-17-2016, 11:20 AM

8,420 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
[i]mperviousness to fire isn't a sign of all Targaeryans. Just Daenerys. Something happened between her and the dragons that has made her different than all other mortals.
I believe Daenerys always had the ability to tolerate intense heat. The first scene in which she appears, Daenerys is in a bath. Her maidservant comments on how the water is too hot and that she is surprised that Daenerys can withstand it. Daenerys replies that, to her, the water seems somewhat tepid.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:36 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,285,009 times
Quote:
That's true. I actually think Jon will die in the end, but he will be key in helping Dany get the throne. And for reference, I do think that Dany will end up on the throne. TBH at this point she is the only one that I think wants it's most for the most noble people and has had most experience. Lannisters and Tyrells are in for themselves. The Starks just want to be left alone. I don't think Jon Snow would want to be king anyway. I also think Tyrion will become the hand of the queen.
My prediction:

Dany will sit the Iron Throne. Either Jon Snow will be her king, or he'll be dead.

Bran Stark will be Warden of the North. Or a new King Beyond the Wall with the Others defeated.

Tyrion will be the Hand of the Queen.

Brienne will be head of the Queensguard.

Arya will be who Tyrion sends to take care of business when anyone gets out of line.

The rest ... I have no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV