Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 06:57 AM

45,425 posts, read 60,608,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Totally satisfying ending! And now that we're moving toward Winterfell with Wildings, remember that Littlefinger is coming up north with the army from the Eyre, too.

(So did we learn last season that the creepy little Lord of the Eyre (not so little anymore) who likes to see people fly was actually not the son of Jon Arryn? I can't remember )

No, he is.

Ok now, things are moving along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 07:55 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,736,153 times
It looks like HBO is moving the pace really fast, judging from next week's snippet they showed of Sansa confronting Littlefinger about whether or not he knew of Ramsay Bolton's sadistic nature.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:25 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,934 times
Good one. The episodes are tightening up and more focused which is great. Sad about the wilding chick, I always liked her.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:29 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
Part of it is showing Bran's powers. But in the books his powers are much more than the visions. But it is hard to portray all that he is actually going through right now. So, the real answer to the question of why focussing on the visions of the past, is that since the show has missed much of the nuance and hints and facts dropped in the book, this is the plot device they are using to show the R+L=J truth, which will likely have very large reverberations throughout the rest of the storyline once it all comes out.
I feel like they've dropped quite a few hints already. They've been subtle hints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gROVtSB8PpU

Old 05-16-2016, 11:55 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
Another solid episode last night, with a great ending. I thought for sure that
Spoiler
Drogon would swoop in to save Danerys, but she did it herself!

I guess the show gave us a version of the
Spoiler
Pink Letter
from the books as well.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:10 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,607,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Now that is the way to end an Episode.

Khalesi has now added a huge cavalry division to her huge infantry division
plus three dragons. Lookout White Walkers and Lannisters.
I'm not sure there will be any Lannisters left for Daenerys to kill by the time she gets to King's Landing. A certain Greyjoy might be heading toward Mereen with a dragon-binding horn, if they follow the books on that sub-plot; which would slow down Daenerys' Westeros trajectory yet again (though also give her at least one ship if she can defeat him). I expect Tommen to be dead before the end of the season, possibly at least one of his parents as well (though they could be saving the deaths of Jaime and Cersei until next season), and probably Kevan as well. Upon which Lannisters will Daenerys unleash Fire and Blood - Lancel? Some other Lannister cousins?

Hopefully Daenerys will help end the threat of the White Walkers, since dragons are one of the few forces that can destroy them.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:15 PM

45,425 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I'm not sure there will be any Lannisters left for Daenerys to kill by the time she gets to King's Landing. A certain Greyjoy might be heading toward Mereen with a dragon-binding horn, if they follow the books on that sub-plot; which would slow down Daenerys' Westeros trajectory yet again (though also give her at least one ship if she can defeat him). I expect Tommen to be dead before the end of the season, possibly at least one of his parents as well (though they could be saving the deaths of Jaime and Cersei until next season), and probably Kevan as well. Upon which Lannisters will Daenerys unleash Fire and Blood - Lancel? Some other Lannister cousins?

Hopefully Daenerys will help end the threat of the White Walkers, since dragons are one of the few forces that can destroy them.

You're confusing the wights with the Others (White Walkers). Fire destroys the wights, no fire has been used on the Others yet. The only things known which kills them are Dragonsteel (what Jon's sword is made of and used at Hardhome) and Dragon Glass (what Sam used).

Old 05-16-2016, 12:31 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Is it just me, from the preview seems to show that the Walkers can see Bran?

It's likely that Cersi and Jaime wants to use the Martell's froces to create a distraction or diversion then have their own troops to go take out the High Sparrow and his inner circle. Robert Strong will be doing some skullsmashing.

Little Fingers getting caught a little bit with his deceptions but he'll cleverly recover as he'll tell Jon and Sansa that he has forces from the Veil coming to join him in defeating Ramsey.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:39 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,813,819 times
I think Littlefinger's infatuation with Sansa will be his undoing in the end. Eventually she will come to understand that the version of Westros that he wants to build is a threat. He won't see it coming because she is the one person he can't plot against rationally. I don't expect it to happen immediately though.

I think the marriage to Ramsey was the game changer in that dynamic.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:46 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,607,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You're confusing the wights with the Others (White Walkers). Fire destroys the wights, no fire has been used on the Others yet. The only things known which kills them are Dragonsteel (what Jon's sword is made of and used at Hardhome) and Dragon Glass (what Sam used).
So the dragons could torch hundreds or thousands of wights. Hopefully Sam might learn the secret of making Dragon Glass when he goes to Maester School in Oldtown, and be able to craft (or initiate the crafting of) dragonsteel swords and Dragon Glass from dragons (without killing the dragons); so when Dany brings her dragons to the aid of Westeros, there will be a plan in place to use them most efficiently. The dragons do represent an edge, possibly the best one currently available, in the fight against the wights and Others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV