Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2016, 01:32 PM

677 posts, read 652,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What is the truth? No wait, I don't want to know.
If you want to know (and it has not explicitly been shown true but there is massive evidence for it and 80%+ of book fans accept it as truth).

Spoiler
Jon is not the son of Eddard. Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister, and betrothed to Robert Baretheon, fell in love with Rhaegar Targaryen and ran off with him.

She becamenpregnant and the rebellion broke out. Rhaegar went to war, eventually dieing to Robert at the Trident Before leaving he left several Kingsguard, including Sir Arthur Dayne (the greatest of all) to protect Lyanna who was close to birth.

Ned shows up at the tower and a famous battle at the tower of Joy ensues. This battle will be in next week's episode it appears. Only 2 people survive that battle, Ned and one of his bannermen (the father of the girl with Bran right now).

Ned enters the tower and Lyanna is dieing "on a bed of blood" and makes Ned swear an oath that he never broke nor told to anyone.

The oath is beleived to be the secret of Jon, that he is actually the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, both Stark and Targaryen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 01:59 PM

910 posts, read 1,082,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
If you want to know (and it has not explicitly been shown true but there is massive evidence for it and 80%+ of book fans accept it as truth).

Spoiler
Jon is not the son of Eddard. Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister, and betrothed to Robert Baretheon, fell in love with Rhaegar Targaryen and ran off with him.

She becamenpregnant and the rebellion broke out. Rhaegar went to war, eventually dieing to Robert at the Trident Before leaving he left several Kingsguard, including Sir Arthur Dayne (the greatest of all) to protect Lyanna who was close to birth.

Ned shows up at the tower and a famous battle at the tower of Joy ensues. This battle will be in next week's episode it appears. Only 2 people survive that battle, Ned and one of his bannermen (the father of the girl with Bran right now).

Ned enters the tower and Lyanna is dieing "on a bed of blood" and makes Ned swear an oath that he never broke nor told to anyone.

The oath is beleived to be the secret of Jon, that he is actually the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, both Stark and Targaryen.
And remember, Ned took his oath's seriously. He was praised by friend and foe alike for his honesty, and loyalty. If he promised something to his sister, he would keep that promise. I also think that someone else lived through that night. In the book they talk about a "Dane" girl that jumped to her death because she loved Ned and he left her to go back to Winterfell. I wonder if she was the Mid-wife, and killed to keep the secret.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:36 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
And remember, Ned took his oath's seriously. He was praised by friend and foe alike for his honesty, and loyalty. If he promised something to his sister, he would keep that promise. I also think that someone else lived through that night. In the book they talk about a "Dane" girl that jumped to her death because she loved Ned and he left her to go back to Winterfell. I wonder if she was the Mid-wife, and killed to keep the secret.
Ashara Dayne, sister of Ser Arthur Dayne, one of the great knights of Westeros. (Arthur Dayne will be in the upcoming Bran vision this coming Sunday at the Tower of Joy)

She committed suicide after Ned returned Dayne's sword to Starfall after killing him at the Tower of Joy. It's questionable if she loved Ned or did not, as Martin is famous for using unreliable narrators for his chapters, and Ser Barristan thought it was because of other reasons, if I recall.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:45 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,015,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Roose killed Robb Stark with a knife to the gut. Ramsay killed Roose with a knife to the gut... Jon was killed by mulitple knife stabs to his gut. Ramsay getting a knife to the gut would make it almost like a full circle.
Ramsay getting a knife to the gut would not be a satisfying enough death. He needs to suffer, especially after ordering his dogs to attack a newborn baby.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:57 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Ramsay getting a knife to the gut would not be a satisfying enough death. He needs to suffer, especially after ordering his dogs to attack a newborn baby.
Death by Direwolf would be quite satisfying.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:20 AM

2,080 posts, read 1,605,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post

In the books: Ashara Dayne, sister of Arthur "Sword of the Morning" Dayne, was a beautiful girl who seems to have been the love of Barristan Selmy's life (though as a Kingsguard he could only love from afar; the Kingsguard were sworn to be celibate). Ned brought the Sword of the Morning back to Ashara; and Ashara later killed herself by jumping out of a high window. Ashara, who was unmarried, had given birth to a stillborn daughter. There have been theories that the child was fathered either by Ned or Ned's older and wilder brother Brandon (who was killed by Aerys, the Mad King). I think that Catelyn believed that Jon's mother had been Ashara; but Ned refused to tell her.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:12 AM

1,625 posts, read 1,355,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I'd like him to get (off-screen; I don't want to see it) the same long drawn-out torture that he so loved to give, starting with each of the various things he did to Theon Greyjoy.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:54 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,493 times
My proposal for the death of Ramsay:

Injured/maimed by the direwolf AND THEN smashed against a wall by a giant, who later poops on his broken body (they have to go somewhere, right?).

Old 05-05-2016, 09:04 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post

One of the things not shown in the show that is in the books is that all the Stark children, even Sansa, can sort of get into their dire wolves' brain.

Arya has dreams of hers (which she released so it wouldn't be killed) ravening Lannister armies at the head of a pack of regular wolves. Sansa connects with that one, too. And hers, which Eddard supposedly killed.

The wolves also communicate with each other. They know where each of the others is.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:06 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
My proposal for the death of Ramsay:

Injured/maimed by the direwolf AND THEN smashed against a wall by a giant, who later poops on his broken body (they have to go somewhere, right?).
Poop, THEN smash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV