Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2016, 12:06 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times

Advertisements

Was it my imagination or did young Hodor look a lot like Sam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 02:27 PM

910 posts, read 1,083,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Do you think the Crows will follow Jon now? Will they be scared or horrified of him?

Frankengreggor is creepy and apparently rotting or something, but Jon looks okay. Why is that?

In the books it goes into more detail about Frankengreggor. The venom from the viper is described in the book as being highly necrotic. His flesh literally rotted. Dr. Franken Meister had to use "borrowed parts" from other people and potions "magic" to piece him back together. This left Frankengreggor unable to speak, however it seemed that his intelligence was pretty much in tact, as he can follow directions and decide who is a threat.

Going on to Jon. In the books Jon was torn between living out his oath and leaving the Nights Watch. He will be indebted to Melisandre now that she saved him. (In effect the God of Light.) I think this will be what he uses to validate him leaving the Nights Watch. I also think in a way this is setting him up to be the new king of the wildlings. Remember Mance became the king because he could unite all of the tribes, along with the giants. Well Jon fought with all of them, and distinguished himself in their eyes. Even the giant came to help his friends. When Jon was with the wildlings, Mance told him that the Starks were descended from the first men and the wildlings were Jon's ancestors. It was also hinted that a Stark may have become the first king of the Others (white walkers). I don't think that all of this information was placed into the show(and books) by accident.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:29 AM

677 posts, read 653,525 times
It's hardly the first Berric Dondarrion was brought back 7 times from death. Frankengreggor. Catelyn Stark came back (in the books, theshow skipped that). Here's another for you: the Hound isn't dead either. It seems set for a showdown at some point between he and his brother.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:19 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,190,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
It's hardly the first Berric Dondarrion was brought back 7 times from death. Frankengreggor. Catelyn Stark came back (in the books, theshow skipped that). Here's another for you: the Hound isn't dead either. It seems set for a showdown at some point between he and his brother.
I hope that's true. He's my favorite character.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:35 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterIsWarmThisSeason View Post
I hate to be the dissenter, but resurrecting Jon could well be the moment when GOT jumped the shark.

It takes tremendous courage to kill a key protagonist, and it often forces the writers to be creative. Resurrecting Jon diminishes the significance of death on GOT. So now that Jon has returned from the dead, are any of the characters truly dead? Will Jaime use magic to regrow his hand? Hell, maybe they'll use magic to chemically reconstitute Eddard Stark!

For me, GOT is at it's best when the more fantastical elements serve as an undercurrent to the plots and character development. Resurrecting Jon was so predictable, cowardly, and ridiculous that I'm losing interest in the series. GOT is beginning to seem like a generic fantasy series.
Yes, I know Jonah being swallowed by the whale really destroyed the long-lasting popularity of the Bible.

If you read the book, there are references throughout that Snow's death is akin to Jonah being swallowed by the whale - he comes out a new man. Heck, there is even a tavern called Belly of the Whale in the book, and there is a scene where Jon goes in to speak before the Night's Watch and the hall where he speaks and the timbers & beams of the room almost seem to be the ribcage of the whale.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:07 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,934 times
I don't mind them reviving Snow, it's clear his story is pivotal and important, but the way they it did was kinda tired and cliche. Definitely could have been done better. Also, worst kept secret ever. haha

Old 05-04-2016, 08:13 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
R+L=J and it is beyond apparent now!!! Tonight Bran met L, next week ae get to see the tower and he learns the truth.Love it.
What is the truth? No wait, I don't want to know.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:18 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
"If I ever have an idea like that again hit me in the face".

One surprise:

It involved Ramsay and Roose's relationship. I didn't expect to see quite how pointedly Ramsay loves his father.

I can't make the damned spoiler thing to work.
Ramsay doesn't seem to love his father very much. He just wanted his father to love HIM. Ramsay is a sociopath. He doesn't love anyone but himself, and I cannot wait for his father's prediction to come true. If you act like a mad dog, expect to be treated like one. You can see that his servants are terrified at the prospect of him being Lord Bolton. Fear doesn't inspire loyalty.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
MAN do I hope Ramsay meets that giant. Make it so!

Old 05-04-2016, 11:42 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
MAN do I hope Ramsay meets that giant. Make it so!
Roose killed Robb Stark with a knife to the gut. Ramsay killed Roose with a knife to the gut... Jon was killed by mulitple knife stabs to his gut. Ramsay getting a knife to the gut would make it almost like a full circle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV