Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2016, 06:54 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,237,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Wow, astrohip - I guess I'm not as "with it" as you. BTW, I've only watched EVERY episode since the show's inception, and this is the first question I've ever asked about one. In this particular case, I simply didn't want to watch a baby die whatever gruesome death Ramsay planned for it. I didn't know there were bravery requirements for viewing.
Fair enough. Comment retracted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 08:07 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,396,690 times
im getting to where i dont care for it no more, because of all the looney tune crazy insane people in it, not bravery but just down righ crazy, mental health problems

Old 05-07-2016, 03:49 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
That worked pretty well for Merle Dixon in The Walking Dead.
When a person wants something bad enough it's really amazing what they might be able to do.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N07x9Z6VPW4

Old 05-09-2016, 12:54 AM

7,383 posts, read 12,677,822 times
And now his watch has ended! Yess!

But help me out here: Who was it young Ned slew in front of the tower? And who stabbed him in the back? I think I have to watch it again.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:08 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,547,614 times
I though last night's episode was on the boring side. I also think the writing (story line) and dialog has slipped since leaving the books behind. I am hoping things improve........

Old 05-09-2016, 05:21 AM

910 posts, read 1,083,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
And now his watch has ended! Yess!

But help me out here: Who was it young Ned slew in front of the tower? And who stabbed him in the back? I think I have to watch it again.
Ok, so I might be off here, but here it goes.

Ned had told the story that he bested Arthur Dayne, the best swordman that ever lived, in single combat. He then went up the tower to find his sister dying in a pool of blood.

The truth has now been revealed that Arthur was killed by a dagger in the back by Howland Reed. The dagger appeared to be the same dagger from season one that was used to try to kill Brandon. It also appeared that the Kings guard were PROTECTING, her, not keeping her captive. We will have to wait until next week for the end of the story.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:23 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
The guy with two swords was Ser Arthur Dayne, aka The Sword of the Morning. In the books, he only had one Valyrian Steel greatsword named Dawn, and after Dayne was slain, Stark returned the family sword to the Daynes.

The other guy was Howland Reed, father of Jojen and Meera Reed, and one of the Stark's most loyal bannermen. He didn't seem all that short on the show, but in the books, I think he was a little over 5 feet tall, but a fierce warrior.

The bed of blood of Lyanna Stark is supposed to be
Spoiler
the blood of childbirth, where she gave birth to Jon Snow (and possibly, also, Meera Reed.)

Old 05-09-2016, 06:24 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I though last night's episode was on the boring side. I also think the writing (story line) and dialog has slipped since leaving the books behind. I am hoping things improve........
Agreed. The story line is jumping all over the place, IMO.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:19 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,767,175 times
With so many characters to cover the story has to jump all over the place. All in all I thought the episode was OK. Jon's alive and no longer part of the Night's Watch, the traitors were hung, and now he has to save his little brother from that sick SOB Ramsey. Now we know who Varis uses as his "little birds". Poor children. I never saw that coming

Old 05-09-2016, 08:12 AM

45,425 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
With so many characters to cover the story has to jump all over the place. All in all I thought the episode was OK. Jon's alive and no longer part of the Night's Watch, the traitors were hung, and now he has to save his little brother from that sick SOB Ramsey. Now we know who Varis uses as his "little birds". Poor children. I never saw that coming

Varys' "peeps" were made pretty clear in the books especially when he had them............oh, never mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV